Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contacting Leaseweb Support

Do any Leaseweb support personnel read this forum ? My server has been out for 2 days and I have only manged to make contact with them twice.

Once was because I contacted them from an unauthorised email address ( its a bit hard to contact with one from the domain thats on the box that is down ) and the second was to ask for the login details ( which I supplied in the original support email anyway ).

Whilst I realise " best endeavours " doesnt give a time frame , I cant afford to have a server down for 2 days and counting. I am aware of what the problem is , have provided details of how to fix it. Currently I have no access whatsoever to the server.

Any Leaseweb employee that can help with getting this looked at , please contact [email protected] .Your help in getting this looked at would be greatly appreciated , I will even pay you $50USD to get it dealt with quicker. I realise that it is not an ideal time to be trying to get support but surely some staff must be on for holidays in a 24/7 data centre ??

Kind Regards
    Paul Jenkins
      0 Not allowed!

Have you tried to call them and explain things in verbal way? I think this is the best way IMO. You may wait for a long time due to the hollidays.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.
      0 Not allowed!

i think you may receive there response after holidays...
      0 Not allowed!

There is staff, but generally not available for non-sla customers. If you do not buy an sla, everything besides hardware issues is "best effort". Which during this time unfortunately can take a few days.

There should be an address to contact them on for paid support though. If you are willing to spend $50 there should be a way to get a hold of somebody. I'm not sure where to find that address though.
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Austechforums View Post
    Do any Leaseweb support personnel read this forum ? My server has been out for 2 days and I have only manged to make contact with them twice.
    Wow! You're so lucky!
    I did send 3 mails to [email protected] address and recieved only one ticket number. That's all. Never recieved another response from an human being.
    My server is also down for about 20 hours atm.
    After server went down last night I hard reset it on my control panel. I was very happy at least automatic reset port worked
    But that's all. Server needs an tech to look up what's going on.
    Leaseweb incredible network but very very - very - poor support.

\Semi-Offtopic\
    There is a joke between me and my friends about OVH's support.
    Somebody said that OVH is about three people total. A Boss , A trainee who installs servers when he comes from his school and possibly an old lady doing all the billing stuff. At least OVH have automatic installation process and ability to boot to rescue mode if something goes wrong.

Leaseweb has nothing. No automatic reinstall. No automatic rescue mode.Nothing. Well I wonder how long will I have to wait till I get a response from them...
      0 Not allowed!

You pay close to nothing for a server there, how can you expect them to staff 24/7 support engineers for you then? There is a difference between SLA customers and non-SLA customers. Can't blame Leaseweb for this..
    Netroutinga.new.experience ▪ Since 2007
    ☁ Cloud Hosting ▪ VPS ▪ Dedicated ▪ Colocation ▪ Connectivity
    Amsterdam ■ Miami ■ Stockholm ■ 100Gbps+ Global Connectivity
    www.netrouting.com ▪ Read our Blog ▪ Twitter @netrouting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NetRouting View Post
    You pay close to nothing for a server there, how can you expect them to staff 24/7 support engineers for you then? There is a difference between SLA customers and non-SLA customers. Can't blame Leaseweb for this..
    I pay 200 euro a month. It depends what you call " close to nothing ". It may be nothing to you , but 200 euro is plenty to me , especially when exchanged to Australian dollars.

I tried ringing them yesterday from Australia but couldnt get through for some reason.

I wake up this morning , another day , another no response. Anyone want to make a $100 ? Ring Leaseweb for me and get them to log in to my server and run a command.

PJ
    Last edited by Austechforums; 12-25-2007 at 03:45 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NetRouting View Post
    Yes I pay only 50 Euro. But it's still money which I work for day and night. I pay 50 euro because leaseweb sells it at that price, is that right? They do not give the server to me for nothing I give them 50 euro which is quite ok for 500GB BW for every month which I used only 1/5 of it.I pay 50 euro knowing tat I will be on "best offer" support plan.
    But it's been 26 hours at the moment and still no reply. Do you think is that acceptable?
    I hate reading "you get what you pay" posts.
    Yes I buy it at "that" price because the provides "sells" it at that price.There is nothing wrong with that. And also for your knowledge I host nothing serious on that server only personal stuff. So if it will be down for a week it doesn't matter for me.
    But the point is whether it's on "best offer" plan or any "sla" at least I want one little note that server will be taken care after holiday etc.
    Being completely unresponsive is really really rude.
    Anyway 26 hours and now it's night time in Netherlands.
    Well will wait 1 more night for someone to reply my tickets...
      0 Not allowed!

Unfortunately I have only one site on mine which is a very busy Vbulletin forum. I also use less than half my bandwidth allocation.

I cant even find a way to pay them to fix it ! Well , not even fix it , log in and run a command , thats it.
      0 Not allowed!

still down without any response or reply.
    Counting 36 hours and going.
    why do I keep posting this? To show everyone how leaseweb support is..
      0 Not allowed!

I have sent them an email advising them I am prepared to pay to have someone go and log in to my server so I can access it.

Guess what ? They replied and asked for my customer number and that was the last I heard from them. The server has been down for 3 full days now.

Might be time to look for a new host though I can imagine the horrors involved with leaving them

Paul
      0 Not allowed!

server down without any reply
    50 hours now and counting.
    What to say more...
    leaseweb!
    you lost me...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sHuKKo View Post
    server down without any reply
    50 hours now and counting.
    What to say more...
    leaseweb!
    you lost me...
    Its Thursday morning here in Australia. I have just woken up to no replies from Leaseweb again thats even after sending them an email stating I will pay what is required to send a tech down to login to my machine. It seems you cant get any action even if you are prepared to pay to get service.

Downtime ? 4 days. My sense of humour ? Almost gone.

By some sort of miracle , I found an old mailing list of my members so I am currently sending 50,000 emails out on a slow SMTP server which should take 24 hours to complete. At least I have some means of keeping 75% of members informed.

PJ
    Last edited by Austechforums; 12-26-2007 at 07:08 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

wow thats pretty bad. Odd though cause I manage a client on a leaseweb server with their basic unmanaged package. We have had to wait 24-48 hours before but nothing as long as you. hate to hear that though Ive been there before and it's hard to explain to clients and visitors that its beyond your control.

On their SLA package if Im not mistaken they dont even give you the root login to the server just like the admin login. But they are supposed to offer much better support with those.

So on calling them, whats up with that? Any success?

Good luck man, that sure is a bad situation to hear about . There is a leaseweb guy on these forums I had pmed him once about an urgent situation we had been waiting over the weekend on and it was resolved the next day so it wouldnt hurt to shoot him a pm and see if he can help.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by felosi View Post
    wow thats pretty bad. Odd though cause I manage a client on a leaseweb server with their basic unmanaged package. We have had to wait 24-48 hours before but nothing as long as you. hate to hear that though Ive been there before and it's hard to explain to clients and visitors that its beyond your control.

On their SLA package if Im not mistaken they dont even give you the root login to the server just like the admin login. But they are supposed to offer much better support with those.

So on calling them, whats up with that? Any success?

Good luck man, that sure is a bad situation to hear about . There is a leaseweb guy on these forums I had pmed him once about an urgent situation we had been waiting over the weekend on and it was resolved the next day so it wouldnt hurt to shoot him a pm and see if he can help.
    I cant seem to get through to them via phone , I am in Australia and I am sure I am dialling the correct country code etc , but no go.

Any idea what this Leaseweb guys username is on here ? I will try anything at this stage , even bribing him with money.

What has happened ( as far as I know ) is that our firewall has locked down the server and it is refusing all incoming connections. We are locked out and need a tech to go to the box and login , run a ( supplied ) command to restore access to us. As it is , the domain shows up as dead , no ping , no ssh , not a thing.

I am not blaming Leaseweb for the initial problem , we have had a number of attacks on our server which while not actually doing much , have forced us to tighten our security. Unfortunately it takes some trial and error to fine tune it to our needs.

The server is unmanaged as we dont need it managed , but obviously 4 days and counting is ridiculous under any SLA. I will have to look at trading my unused bandwidth for some sort of SLA ( they are getting paid for 500 gig bandwidth a month that I dont use yet pay for )
      0 Not allowed!

I worked out his ( obvious ) username and sent him a PM , thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I cant find out the last time he was online , his last post was on the 21st.

PJ
      0 Not allowed!

Chin up mate, It'll be back online sooner or later.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    Chin up mate, It'll be back online sooner or later.
    Hello WhiteOx

I have just sent an email to administration @ leaseweb , I am hoping someone reads it.

An email is going out to members now....only up to N though after most of the day
      0 Not allowed!

Well they are finally on to it and have given me some bad news , we have hardware failure.

WhiteOx , the mailout didnt happen as I dont have a good smtp server to use my ISP blocks outgoing mail after a certain amount of bulk mail. We will put a notice up on the site once we have an idea of exactly where we are at.

Regards
    PJ
      0 Not allowed!

72 Hours!

But yes I get a reply today.
    I think around midday.

Code:
    Dear customer,

Did you change anything to the server settings recently?

Kind regards,

Sjoerd Klein Meulekamp
    LeaseWeb - Support
    I kindly replied to this message but did not recieved any response server is still down , down , down...

Why I keep on posting updates here: Because I want to show everybody thinking about them how leaseweb is.
      0 Not allowed!

1. we always reply support requests within 24 hours.
    2. everyone can call us on the telephone during business hours. If you cannot reach us by telephone we cannot help it.
    3. we work with trusted mailaccounts. Customers can add multiple trusted mailaccounts in our system so they can e-mail us at all times.
      0 Not allowed!

So it would appear from this that Leasweb are saying,

1. Their customers either LIE and are Technically Inept as they always reply to support requests within 24 hours.

2. Customers can ring as much and as many times as they like on any of the phone lines listed as available during business hours, naturally they will have defined business hours being anytime except when a customer rings. God forbid a service industry ever gives out a mobile number. Ooops I shouldn't say that, I give a mobile number to all of my customers just in case there is an emergency.

and 3.
    Well sarcasm just doesn't get the point across here does it, once again it's proven that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense, I quote - 'we work with trusted mailaccounts. Customers can add multiple trusted mailaccounts in our system so they can e-mail us at all times. It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too.

Seriously I cannot understand WHY anyone partakes of this service, I can't just be about money can it?, because it's certainly not about service.
      0 Not allowed!

Recycled_Software

Well that is one way of saying it lol

But really how many days does one have to wait
    to get things going again or is it going to take a week???
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled_Software View Post
    So it would appear from this that Leasweb are saying,

1. Their customers either LIE and are Technically Inept as they always reply to support requests within 24 hours.

2. Customers can ring as much and as many times as they like on any of the phone lines listed as available during business hours, naturally they will have defined business hours being anytime except when a customer rings. God forbid a service industry ever gives out a mobile number. Ooops I shouldn't say that, I give a mobile number to all of my customers just in case there is an emergency.

and 3.
    Well sarcasm just doesn't get the point across here does it, once again it's proven that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense, I quote - 'we work with trusted mailaccounts. Customers can add multiple trusted mailaccounts in our system so they can e-mail us at all times. It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too.

Seriously I cannot understand WHY anyone partakes of this service, I can't just be about money can it?, because it's certainly not about service.
    1. I can't comment on this.
    2. Their business hours are listed on their website/contracts, their SLA levels are listed aswell. You should have checked that before signing up. Simple as that.
    3. Sounds normal to me. They care about your protection/security, by not allowing anyone else to simply mail them and ask them to perform tasks while you are not aware of. Why not simply add those email accounts to their system?
    European Web Hosting and Dedicated Server solutions since 2003.
      0 Not allowed!

If they take much longer we will have to use this forum as the temp Austech forum lol...

Leroy
      0 Not allowed!

Why would you whinge about the SLA you agreed to? If they had wanted better they could have signed up, and paid in advance for it. Waving a few dollars after the fact is a joke. Even the amount is a joke. Are these TRULY the real Austech people on here? If so they are not doing themselves any favours.

Why not repoint the nameservers at a two bob host with an explanation until the database can be recovered?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    If they take much longer we will have to use this forum as the temp Austech forum lol...

Leroy
    Leroy we are currently waiting for Leaseweb to reinstall a drive and software. For further information see below.

Unfortunately we cannot make them do it any faster than what they are doing it without paying hundreds of euros more for a monthly SLA which isnt required. If we could pay a reasonable one off payment to speed it up we would have already done it. I think 500-1000AUD is unreasonable to expect to pay for a hardware failure item on a rented server.

It has been stated as in progress for the last 2 days according to the support ticket which I have continually queried each day so we expect that it really shouldnt take much longer. Whether they do any work on the weekend or simply stop at 5PM Friday I dont know....thats something only they can answer.

As soon as this is done by Leaseweb and we have mail server access , we will be doing a mailout to members. The mailout we were doing was stopped by my ISP as any large amount of email outgoing on their SMTP is suspected to be spam. My ISP wants me to pay more for a business plan if I wish to send more than 200 emails in one day. I will in the meantime try and find another mailing option but failing that we will need to wait for use of the servers SMTP server.

So as soon as they install the drive we will be ready to get things moving as fast as we can.

Paul
    Last edited by Austechforums; 12-29-2007 at 05:18 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

It might be worthwhile looking for a new host, leaseweb sound like the Netherlands version of Smartyhost and MD.
      0 Not allowed!

We will definately be taking a number of things in to account in the future White Ox but our first priority is to have this drive installed and get online.
      0 Not allowed!

hello,

if you wish i can make a call in dutch and ask to solve your porblem. Maybe this can help if your from the usa. I am from Belgium and talk also dutch u see

Norwin
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Austechforums
    I think 500-1000AUD is unreasonable to expect to pay for a hardware failure item on a rented server.

I think you would be right
    To pay for repairs on a rented item is a bit rude
    I know they have to pay for the hardware and
    some one to install it.
    But maybe that is why it is taking what a week now
    so you pay the extra 500 to a grand that is what I call
    putting you over a barrel lol
      0 Not allowed!

Hi

I don't know what your agreement is or what you pay for support etc, but I can tell you I work for a company with a number of servers etc and our SLA for 2hour response (eg phone call back) and 8hour (on site) clocks into the $300+k per year for only a few failures on the servers. The figure is to pay for the people to be available, and not for the hardware.

The $1000 to get it fixed 4 odd days ago may have been a better way then any SLA etc you pay for. I find Fee for service can work out a lot cheaper, even if you have to pay a high rate, it all comes down to have many times will the server fail in a year and when. You got the worst time of year for a failure.

Anyway, Hope to see you online again soon.

Chrees
      0 Not allowed!

Paul,

Don't stress mate enjoy new year it will be back up soon, or just do what I did and went to the doctor to get a medical certificate for Austech withdrawal.

Now where did I put that Gamma thread..............

Phoenix
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix68 View Post
    Paul,

Don't stress mate enjoy new year it will be back up soon, or just do what I did and went to the doctor to get a medical certificate for Austech withdrawal.

Now where did I put that Gamma thread..............

Phoenix
    lol. I agree. Lets spend time with our family etc, It is the time to me merry.

We can all get back to fourms in the new year.

Chrees
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jit71 View Post
    lol. I agree. Lets spend time with our family etc, It is the time to me merry.

We can all get back to fourms in the new year.

Chrees

Thats it, family and be merry
    and some forum on the side
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the support it is appreciated very much in a very frustrating situation.

PJ
      0 Not allowed!

Whats that saying
    All good things take time
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Austechforums View Post
    Thanks for the support it is appreciated very much in a very frustrating situation.

PJ
    Hi

I have been around Austech for many years. If you need a little extra financial donation to solve this current problem please let us know.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm another long term Austech user here, Just out of curiosity, is there not a way u can log into your domain registar and divert the domain to a temporary site saying sorry we are down and explain the reason, i think thats how domains work lolol, just a thought anyway, not to many people will be fussed its down as a lot of people are on holidays...

whats the latest verdict anyway
      0 Not allowed!

Its Sunday in the Netherlands nothing will be happening. I will be on the phone tomorrow which is their monday.

Then they have new years day holiday a day after us so another day lost so I will do what I can tomorrow.

As mentioned I have asked for a dollar amount for someone to go and deal with it to no reply the only other option is an SLA plan of which 500-1000aud is the amount for a month. We dont need it for a month and just expect the faulty hardware to be promptly replaced as it should be.

We dont own the hardware we rent it and Leaseweb informed us 3 days ago that they are doing it as " soon as possible ". 2 days ago they asked us what partitioning scheme we required. We have answered all their emails promptly. From the above information it is pointless adding another 2 days of DNS changes. We can only go on what Leaseweb are telling us..........it was happening asap 3 days ago and it was being partitioned 2 days ago.It seems to me that when it gets to 5 pm they all walk off no matter what is happening.

Based on what leaseweb have told us we expect that this is almost completed and wont be paying out a large dollars fee for nothing.

This is going to impact very negatively on Leaseweb as hardware failure is very different from general support and it something that should be dealt with in a prompt manner. We rent the hardware and dont want to pay a price to buy it if I rent something anywhere else and it fails they promptly replace it.

Fortunately and unfortunately it has happened at the worst possible time. Fortunately our site is at its slowest in the week between christmas and new year unfortunatelty Leaseweb dont appear to have too many staff in this period.

I still do not believe that we should be extorted in to paying to have hardware replaced. Like most people I work and have a mortgage and do not have the money to be blackmailed for a job that should be done in a prompt manner.
    Last edited by Austechforums; 12-30-2007 at 09:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast