Vista wireless connection icon in notification area?

Got a new laptop for Christmas (a gift to myself) and it has vista on it. On my old XP laptop, the notification area had a nice little icon for the wireless that I could double click to search for networks, etc...

I'm finding no such thing in Vista, and no way to enable it either. Is this a feature that is missing or am I just not looking in the right places?

Kevin

Hi, in vista...this icon (with a ball inside):

http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/...%7D%5B2%5D.png

Btw, be careful with the wireless button, my laptop has a button to start/stop the wireless thing and if you touch it accidentally... you can be crazy all the day searching why the hell the wireless ins't working, lol

Good luck
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !

I know what the icon looks like for the network connections in vista. What I'm saying is that I want the one back that has the little bars indicating signal strength, that I can double click to view networks in range.

If they removed this feature......What were they thinking?

Hi, yes, if you click in the networking icon you'll see a window with all the networks available...
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !

Yeah kcackler, I believe they removed the easy way to see the wireless networks (at least I haven't found an easy way). You'll need to go into Control Panel's Network section in order to reconnect.

After tinkering with it tonight, I saw that when I turned on the wireless adapter, the little icon went from showing its regular self (computers with globe) to showing the bars I'm used to, and then back again. As long as the card is on and I'm not connected, it cycles between the two icons. I'll know how it reacts to connecting to wireless networks when I get this bad boy home and test it out...

Thanks for the help guys.

Kevin

Yeah, you should have a button to enable it on your keyboard. Make sure you enable it then the icon of WiFi will appear in your notification screen.