Moving from Yahoo to Startlogic

Well I moved my website and a PHPBB 3.0 forum to startlogic from yahoo. I haven't got the forum to work yet and I have issue / problems with a excel file which is an mht file doesn't display correctly at all. I believe that I made a very bad move

I never liked yahoo. Good luck with your new host.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Have you search about Starlogic before to signup?
    Also, I suggest you that if you are going to move to a new host to avoid those offering unreal plans with tons of space and bandwidth for -$10
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Have you search about Starlogic before to signup?
    Also, I suggest you that if you are going to move to a new host to avoid those offering unreal plans with tons of space and bandwidth for -$10
    Yeah try not to buy plans that have 500 gigs of space and 6000GB of bandwidth for 7 dollars. Look for reliable hosts.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Well you guys crack me up, but since I had issue with email at times not receiving timing out and what not. But my forum worked and my mht file worked also. But as far as research I googled it then liked the awards on the link gave it 24hrs then jumped in both feet.

Then I found this site.

I link the site and give you a smile but I need 5 post first bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    Yeah try not to buy plans that have 500 gigs of space and 6000GB of bandwidth for 7 dollars. Look for reliable hosts.

- Daniel

So if this is the case shouldn't Startlogic be a thumbs down. Is Go-Daddy better? Or someone else?

Just not sure if I should work with startlogic on my mht file problem and the forum.

Merry Christmas

I do wonder about any host who states a very large storage with mega bandwidth, my feeling it's marketing that's all. With that in mind being that close to any of there limits and you're being force into a higher monthly plan.

I'm finding Startlogic tech support very impressive even during the holiday fixing my forum problem now just a file issue. So far 95% currently and feel in time will be 100%. More reading here Go-Daddy would have been a bad move so no go there.

If you are not "feeling it" you might want to go ahead and get a refund. If it were me, I would go to host like hostgator, hostdime or downtown host.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Well I just posted the trouble by email to tech support. I had so many problems moving the forum over with the database and then the forum linking correctly to the forum itself that the file issue was a back burner issue. If they can't get it to work I be looking somewhere else again, just happy to drop yahoo at this point.

In my mind I always thought moving host would PITA thing I think that's way I stay as long with Yahoo as I did.

If they can't get it to work I be looking somewhere else again
    Unless something is wrong with their server, it's not really a host's job to support script installation/move/upgrade issues - unless they specifically state that such help will be provided. What I'm saying is that changing hosts may, or may not be the solution.

Best of luck.
    Yahoo is great. So is the StartLogic.

Don't Know why you left yahoo.

I left due to email problems locking up, never been happier with my business email then I'm now with Startlogic. Last week my site would start to load and freeze, then later would work fine.

So price and service I began to look elsewhere still undecided at this point with the mht page and Startlogic.

Since I can now post a link here's the problem page.

Quick link http://chart.dvrblackbox.com from webpage.

I placed another link here which I think will work by why work here and not there?

www.dvrblackbox.com/4dtvbb.mht
    Last edited by disneyjoe7; 12-26-2007 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_the_Snowman View Post
    What I'm saying is that changing hosts may, or may not be the solution.
    So Dan, how does one know if a host will handle your needs unless you have tried them. Even for the Yahoo issues maybe their better.

Happy to report that Startlogic tech support rules.

Not connected with Startlogic at all, and if they couldn't resolve my issues with mysql import / forum / and mht file I would've placed them under the bus faster then anyone could. But they fix all my problems moving from Yahoo to them as host.

So after 5 days Startlogic fine with me.