Question H-Sphere and domain name registration

Hi,

I'm trying to automate the reselling process as much as I can, I want to have to deal only with sales and support. I did some research and found H-Sphere pretty neat. The only problem is that it seems that it doesn't have a domain name registration system. I'd like my customers to be able to register a domain name at any time, they just check out domain name availability, pay and have their domain name set up. Isn't there a way to do it in H-Sphere? If not, what do you suggest? (I need automatic signup processm, account creation and billing with integrated support area).

I'm currently with cPanel but it doesn't provide high-availability like H-Sphere does. I have seen several H-Sphere resellers, with very different prices. Any H-Sphere offer is good, right? The only difference should be quality of hardware and of support, correct? Is H-Sphere the reseller system that provides most uptime? Thanks!

openSUSE user

Hsphere will allow you to use any # of different registrars for domain registration.

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation...r_manager.html

As far as all Hsphere hosts being the same, that is not the case. Do some research here and I am sure you will find a few decent Hsphere resellers.

Thanks, do you know a H-Sphere reseller provider in Europe and in Asia?
    openSUSE user

I havent used any providers from Europe or Asia, but I am sure there are some around.

Greetings:

DC Hosting is in the UK.

NorISP AS is in Norway

Netbox AS is in Hong Kong as is Jump Web Services

Naswell Corporation (formerly feedme2) and Synchromedia
    are in Australia.

There are probably others that I'm missing (sorry).

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Thanks. I found their packs a little expensive: http://dc-hosting.com/resellers.asp

$103 a month for 2GB of disk space

NorISP doesn't seem to have an English web site
    Any other alternative for Europe?
    Thanks.
    openSUSE user

Will I have more uptime with H-Sphere? I mean, if the web server has a problem, is there another web server in the cluster to relay?
    openSUSE user

Merry Christmas Ben:

H-Sphere provides complete hosting automation.

In and of itself, H-Sphere, like other systems which provide automation, does not have a direct relationship with uptime.

Uptime relates to infrastructure of which any automation system is only a part of the puzzle.

What H-Sphere does provide is the ability to do load balancing (but that's a provider choice to implement, and has its own pros and cons), as well as the ability to move a customer's site to another server in the cluster if the server the customer was on is having issues.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I'd suggest JodoHost.com

Been with them for a couple of years now. Servers are fast, support is also good. They are H-Sphere based and you can resell both Windows as well as Linux Accounts.

I don't see more uptime just because some service is H-Sphere based. However, since H-Sphere is cluster based they do have an edge.

JodoHost's Cluster for e.g. has separate Web Servers, Mail Servers, Database servers. So, let's say their Web Servers is down. Your Email service is still up as the Mail Server is not down.

Regarding, Domain Name Registration, I think the Host should support it. Last time I checked with JodoHost they didn't support to use your own Domain Reseller Account. However, that may have changed now considering that I had asked that long back.

You can drop in Sales a Query or Yash over here who is on these forums.

Cheers! Happy Holidays!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Thanks guys, happy holidays too
    Is H-Sphere the only control panel that does clustering? I know cPanel is supposed to do it as well but from what I heard it's not ready for prime time yet.
    openSUSE user

Merry Christmas, Ben:

H-Sphere's usage of the word, cluster is unique.

Traditionally, a cluster meant two or more servers operating in tandem giving the appearance of one server.

In H-Sphere, a cluster is one to many servers where each server can have one to many logical services (Unix web is a logical service, email is a logical service, mysql is a logical service, etc.).

Basically you have a lego building block approach where H-Sphere allows easily removing and adding blocks which are in your infrastructure; and allowing you to manage those blocks from a central location.

Iím not sure of other technologies that offer the same or similar approach to managing an the server portion of an infrastructure.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile