enable thread voting

Thread votes should be enabled, and voting on threads should be encouraged to help the community know what threads are good, and let mods know what threads the people are interested in.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r View Post
    Thread votes should be enabled, and voting on threads should be encouraged to help the community know what threads are good, and let mods know what threads the people are interested in.
    Doesnt a threads participation work as a good indicator of which threads are good and folks are interested in?

Curious to know why the mods would need to know?

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

I'd like to see voting enabled too. But if not for all forums, just the Tutorial sub-forums. Being able to sort a forum by votes makes it easier to find the information other folks have selected as the 'best'.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    I'd like to see voting enabled too. But if not for all forums, just the Tutorial sub-forums. Being able to sort a forum by votes makes it easier to find the information other folks have selected as the 'best'.
    Gotcha - that makes good sense. Maybe even a "Thank you" type mod to show appreciation for those types of posts.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

If things went that far, they could implement a "solved or not solved" feature for the technical & programming lounges. That way if you were to do a search on a specific topic it would be more easier for the researcher to pick and choose which threads are the ones to be reading.
      0 Not allowed!

why haven't reputation points been implemented? People used to talk about them all the time.
      0 Not allowed!

What if we implemented Reputation that was set so that, when you give negative rep, you get negative rep?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

how about it takes a point away from you, but you must make a post in the thread to vote on a person's reputation. That way, if your voting that person down is valid in the opinion of the community, the community can return the points you lost warning the user... that could become a tangled mess though.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r View Post
    why haven't reputation points been implemented? People used to talk about them all the time.
    I would second this idea. There are far too many people here who think they know what they're doing and give people bad advice.

It would help if the general community was able to vote for each post and then a percentage score or something for user reputation could be calculated...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Klaus View Post
    Doesnt a threads participation work as a good indicator of which threads are good and folks are interested in?

Curious to know why the mods would need to know?

Sirius
    Not necessarily, a thread with a lot of participation is often an arguement between someone who has a clue and someone who doesn't, but likes to think they have.

Dan
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dkitchen View Post
    Not necessarily, a thread with a lot of participation is often an arguement between someone who has a clue and someone who doesn't, but likes to think they have.
    So who determines who is right? You? Me?

What stops this from becoming a popularity contest?

Sirius
      0 Not allowed!

Since you asked.... *I* will determine who is right. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Klaus View Post
    So who determines who is right? You? Me?

What stops this from becoming a popularity contest?

Sirius
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet
      0 Not allowed!

Fair enough.

/thread closed

There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!