Thumbs up VOIP CLEC setup/Colo info help needed

Hi,
    I am looking to setup a voip CLEC business (basic voip services only). I already have a softswitch class 5 running on dedicated server in a Data center.
    But unfortunately, that data center would not allow T1s connection to ILEC.

My questions are:
    1. what is the best top 3 data centers that can offer dedicated voice servers and cross connect to ILEC in NJ-PA-NY area?
    2. Any recommendations of certain services/experts that I can consult them about this kind of project and/or may assist in doing the paperwork associated with all filing requirements, ILEC negotiations, etc..?
    3. Any resources for direct information that can help me with understanding this business, help in setting up this kind of service and run it etc..?

Thank you for your info.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike A; 12-23-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Any good provider in NYC / NJ / PA should allow you get to a T1 cross connect to your rack.

Yep just about any co-location facility will let you bring in a circuit and cross-connect to it (most likely, for an additional fee). I would not expect the datacenter or co-lo facility themselves to offer you dedicated voice services.

If you are going to really get setup as a CLEC and get an ICA (interconnection agreeement), here are some consultants who could help you get started:

http://backuptelecom.com/
    http://americanclec.com/

More info: http://www.isp-planet.com/cplanet/

Are you licensed as a CLEC? I know in Canada we require CRTC approvals to do what you are suggesting.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by lostpacket View Post
    Any good provider in NYC / NJ / PA should allow you get to a T1 cross connect to your rack.
    Stephen: Thank you. I found the list on your site very helpfull.
    Last edited by Mike A; 12-24-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Mark: Thanks for the info. Have you heard of CLEC.biz? I am trying to search if any one had heard or had any experience with any of these 4 sources?

If you need me to put you in touch with any of the providers please let me know.

Happy Holidays.

-S

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
    Are you licensed as a CLEC? I know in Canada we require CRTC approvals to do what you are suggesting.
    No. I am in the information gathering stage to apply and aquire CLEC authority. And I am looking for experienced consultants to help thru that.

Quote Originally Posted by lostpacket View Post
    If you need me to put you in touch with any of the providers please let me know.

Happy Holidays.

-S
    Thank you so much for the offer. I will let you know when ready for it.
    Happy Holidays.
    Mike

I can tell you that here in Texas it cost about $3000 for state fees, $15000 per ILEC setup fees, and rack pricing similar a carrier neautral carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLC23 View Post
    I can tell you that here in Texas it cost about $3000 for state fees, $15000 per ILEC setup fees, and rack pricing similar a carrier neautral carrier.
    Thanks for the info. There maybe more financial requirement like peformance bond or other instrument to satisfy the State. I am still trying to find out in NJ/PA/NY.

Happy Holidays.