View Poll Results: Which Hosting Is Better?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • HostGator

23 74.19%
  • BlueHost

8 25.81%

Exclamation HostGator or BlueHost Which One Is Better?

I am planning to buy a good hosting. Please tell me which one of this two is better. They both are providing a lot of Storage space and bandwidth.

hostgator i'd prefer
    semi-retired

Don't you think that offering 600 GB disc space is something that makes sense? This is what I can say... otherwise both companies are popular shared hosts but I can not say wich one is better.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

My vote goes to HostGator. I have never used BlueHost, but while at HostGator I only had a problem with a support representative.

BlueHost got my vote.

I am told that Bluehost has no inodes limit. It is a pleasant surprise. Is it really true?

They both get my vote for NEVER EVER USING THEM.

Oversellers are quite filthy, stay away!!!!!!
    For a personal site they are ok perhaps, but if you have even a small resource intensive site, DONT GO WITH ANY OVERSELLER!!
    DedicatedBox Dedicated Servers
    http://www.dedicatedbox.us

Powered by CoreISP.net Corporation

Hello,

We don't have an inode limit except for how much data is stored on backups.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Hello,

So, the number that I recall seeing in TOS (50000).... does it imply that if there are 100000 (say) files in total then 50000 will be backed up.... if so then what is the criterion for picking up those 50000?

If anyone is over the 50,000 all databases and everything except for static files are backed up.

I don't like overselling companies, it should be against the law! They are simply relying on their customers not to use that much space, and if they use too much, they simply suspend the account. Not the way to do business in my opinion

I saw TOS again. It says that more than 50,000 inodes may potentially result in suspension.

If anyone is over the 50,000 all databases and everything except for static files are backed up.
    It also says that such accounts will be removed from backup system. So, one presumes no backup of any type would be done for such accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by edunetter View Post
    I saw TOS again. It says that more than 50,000 inodes may potentially result in suspension.

It also says that such accounts will be removed from backup system. So, one presumes no backup of any type would be done for such accounts.
    Yeah i saw that too i was just about to post it. Brent can you explain please?

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Hello,

Go with bluehost , they are the professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by edunetter View Post
    So, the number that I recall seeing in TOS (50000).... does it imply that if there are 100000 (say) files in total then 50000 will be backed up.... if so then what is the criterion for picking up those 50000?
    I think you realized the issue there yourself .

Adding an individual inode to a backup is considerably more strenuous on the server than backing up data from a current file. So for instance, backing up a single 100MB file is much easier than backing up 1 million 100KB files.

There needs to be a limit on the number of Inodes, since there are a limit of Inodes on a file-system in general (or at least the ones HG use). It really just helps protect against people who decide they want to create millions of files for the sake of causing trouble.

There is really no good reason to have 50,000 Inodes in general in a shared environment.

I think it is better that it is in the TOS, rather than saying there is no limit at all. There are a limit of Inodes on a hard drive, so a line has to be drawn somewhere.

*voted*

I didn't vote, because there is no selection for "neither" .... "good hosting" and those two options just don't go together, in my book.

I do purchase shared accounts, but I would never purchase from either of those two ... they don't give sufficient resources for a site that actually gets a decent # of visitors. (I'm not talking abusive levels, either... I'm talking regular sites that are just fine on smaller hosts that don't overload their servers)

Sorry.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Are your requirements really that high? What will you be hosting? Or do you just want more then you will ever need?

Do you know that a average web site does not use over 1GB of disk space?

I do purchase shared accounts, but I would never purchase from either of those two ... they don't give sufficient resources for a site that actually gets a decent # of visitors. (I'm not talking abusive levels, either... I'm talking regular sites that are just fine on smaller hosts that don't overload their servers)
    In any case, one must keep in mind that these are under (or well under) ~$10 shared hosting accounts. No matter how we look at it, that will determine the maximum (theoretical) computing power available per account.

As for these two specific hosts overloading their servers, it may or may not be true. I've used one of them for a long time now without issues (sites with limited needs, that's true), but for me to conclude that they're not overloading any of their servers would still be a stretch.