Thumbs down Westernavenue.biz 30 days moneyback is a JOKE

Anthony J (Westernavenue.biz) is a cheater. His server crash once a week. Moneyback guarantee is only a joke. He never honor my request for refund. He totally ignore it. He gave more excuse not to refund.

I just want my moneyback charged by paypal subscription on 20th Dec. I sent email to his paypal email on 20th and 21st, but he totally ignore my email. As always, when asking for a refund, he never anwser it. Seems like the email goes to deaf hear or blind eyes. Anthony J, if you still feel have a shame and honor, refund the 2nd payment charged on 20th. Once again, I don't want host host with you anymore. You server crash 3 times a month.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 01-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    Beamservers.com - Not Trusted Host, broke his own 7 days moneyback guarantee, doesn't refund within 6 days, took money, deleted customer's vps & give no service.
      0 Not allowed!

Hope you sort this out soon. When looking for a host look for testimonials, reviews and their background. I hope you find the right host.

Edit: I just realized that half of their pages are not working and the order buttons aren't either. Very un-professional.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat
      0 Not allowed!

If the host doesn't honour your request and you feel you are entitled to it, open up a dispute through Paypal.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient CPU View Post
    I just want my moneyback charged by paypal subscription on 20th Dec.
    If you are setup with the recurring subscription then you should cancel the subscritption yourself through paypal.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

At least you pay via paypal, they didn't have your credit card information directly. Yes, I believe you cancel that payment from your account as well. Or submit a dispute to paypal. Let us know how it goes.
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    If the host doesn't honour your request and you feel you are entitled to it, open up a dispute through Paypal.
    From what I understand, PayPal will just close the dispute, because hosting is a service, and therefore won't help.
      0 Not allowed!

Done that.

If you are setup with the recurring subscription then you should cancel the subscritption yourself through paypal.
    My mistake. I cancel service only after I received notice for 2nd payment on the same day. I forgot to cancel the subscription earlier. Still no news from westernavenue.biz.
    Beamservers.com - Not Trusted Host, broke his own 7 days moneyback guarantee, doesn't refund within 6 days, took money, deleted customer's vps & give no service.
      0 Not allowed!

How did anyone order from there? I try clicking on the order links but they won't work. (Although not wanting to buy, just curious)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boldoutlook View Post
    From what I understand, PayPal will just close the dispute, because hosting is a service, and therefore won't help.
    Hmm, really?
      0 Not allowed!

You have never sent me an email asking for a refund. I have ALL of my emails saved since 2006. I never have a problem receiving any emails from you accept for the emails you claim you sent asking for a refund. I logged on here one day and saw many posts from you in my advertising threads bashing me and my business. If you would have PM me on here or tried one of the other communication methods first before going on here claiming I am a cheat we could have resolved this long ago. You have been VERY unprofessional in your methods trying to resolve this issue. Your communication has been abusive and offensive and you have made no effort at all to resolve this in a civil matter. You have cost me way more than the 14 dollars you say I owe you due to your constant abusive threads and lies.

Yes, it is true my server crashed once. The hard drive failed but I was able to restore all data within one day. Had you simply just asked me for a refund I would have understood. But you didnt. You went directly to this site and others saying I was ignoring your emails when in fact you never sent me an email.
    Your posting history on here shows a constant abusive and bashing nature. Please find a new hobby.

Paypal has denied your refund request and I am also denying it. Please just move on.

My site doesnt work because I am no longer advertising and no longer accepting new customers. Consider my business closed for now. I will continue to host my current customers but I am no longer looking to advertise or expand right now.

This issue is closed.

- Anthony
      0 Not allowed!

Very sorry to hear about the other side of the story. If things could have been worked out in private that would work out best for both. At least the buyer's name and company is not mentioned in public. I admire this type of attitude from provider.

hope to see things work out. WHT should not be the right place to go if that can be solved nicely in private.
      0 Not allowed!

didn't this used to be whitefox from wht? and if so he was always fine when i hosted with him
    owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 12-24-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, this is "whitesox".
    I had my user name changed after the Chicago White Sox turned into a bad team
      0 Not allowed!

By the way, you can't honestly expect me to refund your payment when you host domains such as "stayawayfromwesternavenue.biz", "westernavenue-got-no-shame.com", "westernavenu-give-no-30days-moneyback.com", and "westernavenue-is-theif.com" on my server.
      0 Not allowed!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by WAbizTony View Post
    By the way, you can't honestly expect me to refund your payment when you host domains such as "stayawayfromwesternavenue.biz", "westernavenue-got-no-shame.com", "westernavenu-give-no-30days-moneyback.com", and "westernavenue-is-theif.com" on my server.
    lol
    the OP does have some unique hobbies.
      0 Not allowed!

It's surprising to see new members intent to bash older members.
    Oh wait. No it's not. Because they need some way to advertise themselves without paying for it, so why not use a forum?

Anyway, well said Anthony, I would have done the same thing had that happened to me.
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder how people get the spare time needed to make counter-productive "hate sites".
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!
      0 Not allowed!

What a liar. I did sent you email to [email protected] asking for a refund on Dec 20, 21st and to [email protected] on 22nd. I also contact you thru Yahoo Messenger. You simply ignore it. As always, when asking for a refund, you will say "You never sent me email".

I created the domains (stayawayfromwesternavenue.biz", "westernavenue-got-no-shame.com", "westernavenu-give-no-30days-moneyback.com", and "westernavenue-is-theif.com) in WHM in response for you ignore. They are only created but never hosted and never used. You only give response when customer get angry and make a bad thread for you. You are waiting for that moment. Others, don't just jump the bandwagon if you didn't know the real story behind.

Yes, I wil move on.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 01-01-2008 at 11:27 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I did get your email on the 22nd. But this was after you posted 3 times in my advertising threads here calling me a cheat earlier in the month.
      0 Not allowed!

I am in a giving mood. Despite your posts about my company on this site and others, I will refund your payment because I am going to be the better person here.

Dear Anthony J,

You have sent a full or partial refund to <<removed personal details>>.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.
    Note to Buyer:

-----------------------------------
    Payment Details
    -----------------------------------

Date Payment Sent: Dec. 20, 2007

Amount: $14.99 USD

Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID PP286
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 01-01-2008 at 11:28 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

All of this rackus over $14.99? Wow...
      0 Not allowed!

I created the domains (stayawayfromwesternavenue.biz", "westernavenue-got-no-shame.com", "westernavenu-give-no-30days-moneyback.com", and "westernavenue-is-theif.com) in WHM in response for you ignore.
    For $14? Find a new hobby my friend, this is the most ridiculous thing I read this year.

And WAbizTony, don't post your clients name in the forum. Doesn't matter how big of a child he or she is, that's unprofessional.

Merry Christmas!
    All My Data From small shared web hosting accounts to powerful dedicated servers.
    Now offering Affordable UNIX shells and IRCd hosting!
      0 Not allowed!

I'm having a similar problem with my vps company, Virpus. They will not refund me even though they had downtime for a few hours and I could not access my email due to problems on their side. On the vps section of their website, it says all of the following: 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Support Services. They do not honor this.

The email problem was not fixed until the 23rd, 3 days after it was opened, and they believed I was faking that my email did not work. It got fixed when they tweaked some of their server settings. Is that my fault? No, I have no control of the server nor did I touch any of the settings after purchase. I even showed them proof by taking screen shots of everything, and they ignored them. I asked for credit, and they did not give it since they said it was "on my part" that the email was not working.

Every other day I have been complaining about downtime. I showed them proof that I had downtime since I could not ping my websites nor tracert them. Even their website was down. When they replied to the ticket, they said "Everything works fine on our end".

I replied to the tickets yesterday at around 4:00 pm, and they haven't replied since. This has to be the worse hosting company that I have ever hosted with.

How many times do I have to explain this? I did nothing to prevent the email from coming in and going out. I have only had email problems with one hosting company before and that was a dedicated server host who had something wrong on their part. If I have been with over 5 popular hosting companies and did not receive any errors or problems when using outlook, do you think that I would have problems now on my part? Everything is on your part. The problem was with your server. I do not have a firewall, the problem was on your end. I am tired of this support that you give me. You think that I am intentionally trying to make this problem exist.

As you will not credit me nor have 100% SLA, I want a refund now. The 100% uptime is not even true. I have received downtime a few days ago as well as today. As I did nothing wrong on my part, I except you to live up to your 30 Day Money Back Guarantee as well as let me have hosting for 2 days so that my domain will propagate changing to a new server while I lose no downtime.

PROOF OF DOWNTIME (Do not tell me that the website is not down on your computer as it is the same for every computer):
    http://i11.tinypic.com/87jvj2s.jpg
    http://i13.tinypic.com/6ps4ras.png

PROOF OF MAIL ERROR (NO CONNECTION):
    http://i13.tinypic.com/85616ps.png - Windows Live Mail is a newer version of Outlook. The email worked on here earlier and on Outlook Express.
    http://i8.tinypic.com/8br1gn9.png - Failed To Connect

Once again my conditions are:
    1) Full Refund - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    2) 2 Days of Hosting - This will ensure that I have hardly any downtime when transferring to a new host.

I want the refund sent ASAP.

-------------------------------------------------
    Dear DJ,

We understand your frustration you had for this mail issue.

On multiple occasions, we checked the reported mail issue with both "Outlook Express" and "Webmail". Both mail clients worked for your account from our end. We had provided proof each time with the mails we were able to send/ receive via these clients.

There were no software firewall installed in the server. However, Iptables were stopped for testing purposes, which seems to have worked for you at that time. Please note, we did not add any iptables rules to block SMTP connections from your end.

Your local end softwares like ( Internet Security Firewall, Security filter softwares, Email Antivirus) or any settings at ISP end could be the cause of the issue. Since, port 26 are usually blocked by default in all Firewall and ISPs, unless they are opened up manually.

Thanks,
    Ven
    Virpus Networks, Inc.
    Virtual Enterprise Support Group
    I don't even have a firewall, antivirus, or security features on Windows XP because I disabled them all. I have never had any problem with SBC Yahoo DSL's settings before, so that is not the problem. SBC Yahoo DSL only blocked Port 25, other than that they did nothing else. The problem is on Virpus's side, not mine.

These technical support representatives seem to be ignoring everything I said. I already repeated a few times that Port 26 was accessible, and that I wanted a refund, but they ignored me every time. I even submitted a ticket to billing, which has not been answered as of yet. I am frustrated with the efforts of this company, and believe they do not value their customers.

My websites do not even consume too many resources, bandwidth, or disk space. I have only used about 6gb worth of bandwidth, and 3gb worth of space. I have used 200 mb ram out of 512 mb ram (with 1024 mb burst ram).

I have wasted my time with this company, and will never host with them again.

Ancient CPU, I hope you resolve your issue with Westernavenue.biz.
      0 Not allowed!

it's hard to believe all this hoo haa was over $14.99

well I suppose it's a weeks supply of hershie bars for some kids

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi View Post
    Is that any of your business?
    He's refunded it anyway.
    And is that any of your business ? You looks like have same attitude like him.

Paypal has refunded my money.
    =========================
    We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

Transaction Date: Dec 20, 2007
    Transaction Amount: -$14.99 USD
    Your Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxW
    Seller's Transaction ID: 91L86183MG589890H
    Case Number: PP-389-141-793
    Seller's Name: Anthony J
    Seller's Email: [email protected]

Why would the company host websites that are against that company? Doesn't make sense.
    Once again, those website never hosted, domains never bought. I only created them in WHM because I know host will see them.

P/S: Beware! He might post others client information next time.
      0 Not allowed!

Paypal has refunded my money.
    We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

Transaction Date: Dec 20, 2007
    Transaction Amount: -$14.99 USD
    Your Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxW
    Seller's Transaction ID: 91L86183MG589890H
    Case Number: PP-389-141-793
    Seller's Name: Anthony J
    Seller's Email: [email protected]

Once again, those website never hosted, domains never bought. I only created them in WHM because I know host will see them.

P/S: Beware! He might post others client information next time.

Paypal didnt refund the money. I refunded it which caused paypal to close the claim you opened.
      0 Not allowed!

I never said it was any of my business.
    Attitude among other things is what makes us all unique.
    Be it a bad one, or not.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kotrt99 View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with my vps company, Virpus. They will not refund me even though they had downtime for a few hours and I could not access my email due to problems on their side. On the vps section of their website, it says all of the following: 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Support Services. They do not honor this.

The email problem was not fixed until the 23rd, 3 days after it was opened, and they believed I was faking that my email did not work. It got fixed when they tweaked some of their server settings. Is that my fault? No, I have no control of the server nor did I touch any of the settings after purchase. I even showed them proof by taking screen shots of everything, and they ignored them. I asked for credit, and they did not give it since they said it was "on my part" that the email was not working.

Every other day I have been complaining about downtime. I showed them proof that I had downtime since I could not ping my websites nor tracert them. Even their website was down. When they replied to the ticket, they said "Everything works fine on our end".

I replied to the tickets yesterday at around 4:00 pm, and they haven't replied since. This has to be the worse hosting company that I have ever hosted with.

I don't even have a firewall, antivirus, or security features on Windows XP because I disabled them all. I have never had any problem with SBC Yahoo DSL's settings before, so that is not the problem. SBC Yahoo DSL only blocked Port 25, other than that they did nothing else. The problem is on Virpus's side, not mine.

These technical support representatives seem to be ignoring everything I said. I already repeated a few times that Port 26 was accessible, and that I wanted a refund, but they ignored me every time. I even submitted a ticket to billing, which has not been answered as of yet. I am frustrated with the efforts of this company, and believe they do not value their customers.

My websites do not even consume too many resources, bandwidth, or disk space. I have only used about 6gb worth of bandwidth, and 3gb worth of space. I have used 200 mb ram out of 512 mb ram (with 1024 mb burst ram).

That seems like DNS issue to me, probably your ISP's DNS servers or your router/modem...
    Have you tried pinging the IPs?
    If no ping replies from the IPs, it's either the router that's between the datacenter and ISP or problem with Virpus.
    In that case you need to do tracert to figure out what exactly the problem is.
    With only ping requests of the domain name, you can't really say that it's virpus's problem.

Anyway, glad to see Ancient CPU has solved his issue
    Yudai Yamagishi
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi View Post
    Is that any of your business?
    He's refunded it anyway.

BECAUSE

A: in his TOS, it does not include any terms which denies the refund within 30 days. AND those sites are not illegal in any shape or form.

B: he only refunded the money due to his "giving mood". give me a break
    RestoreMax - The benchmark of PC Remote Backup Software for web hosts
    RestoreMax Standard Edition [Available Now]
    Distributor License launching in 4 weeks!
      0 Not allowed!

Even I can find some humor in a dispute over $14 BUT...
    let us not forget that there are many people out in the world still who may be on fixed or low incomes. Fourteen dollars may seem to be almost alike pennies to some people, but to others that may be a good percentage of monthly income.

So for those who may say "all this who ha..." -- shame! Just put yourselves into the shoes of an elderly person, a disabled person, or someone who might otherwise be trying just to make ends meet.

As for businesses who may not be ethical or who may not have good "terms" for their sales or business, there are many agencies that help protect individuals.

There are local Better Business Bureaus who will keep track of problematic businesses whether they are a member or NOT. BBB's will often help mediate problems.

If no luck with a BBB, then there are local licensing agencies. If there is a ficticious business name then a county clerk may have license information and a person might be able to record a complaint with them. There is also "local" district attorney offices or state offices and complaints can be filed.

In the case of the internet, if a site sells via the internet, that is a form of telecommunications and as such I believe the FTC can become involved in any cases of fraud and/or misrepresentation.

There are really lots of sources out there to help protect consumers. If one fails with those sources there is also small claims court where a person can file for action against a person or a company.

As for this particular issue.... I didn't read all of the details, but if a business did not respond or deal with a complaint properly then I can see why a person might put up one or more sites against such a business.

In my own opinion there was probably a reason or a cause for an action.

Also, as a business person if an individual makes a negative comment that is not true then there is the possiblity that a legal action can be taken against such individual especially if can be proven that their statements are untrue and are harmful.

I can only take a guess that some type of wrong did occur and that it just was not handled properly (for whatever reason).
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by moonriver View Post
    There are local Better Business Bureaus who will keep track of problematic businesses whether they are a member or NOT. BBB's will often help mediate problems.
    It doesn't look like the OP is a US citizen, and the BBB is a consumer bureau - not a law-enforcing organ, so... Also, local (aka domestic) consumer bureaus, if they even exist where the OP is located, doesn't have a say-so in a business located someplace across the ocean.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RestoreMax View Post
    BECAUSE

A: in his TOS, it does not include any terms which denies the refund within 30 days. AND those sites are not illegal in any shape or form.

B: he only refunded the money due to his "giving mood". give me a break

A. The 30 days have expired. He is asking for a refund for his 2nd payment because he "forgot" to cancel his subscription.

B. After he has flooded several message boards with lies about me, I am being more than giving in refunding his SECOND payment which does not apply to the 30 day refund period.

Thank you for reading the full thread before replying.
      0 Not allowed!

This should be the last post on this thread. Mod can close this thread. First of all, this is a 2nd request for refund. I bought the hosting on Nov 20. The 1st request are on 26th Nov and he totally ignore me till I submit paypal dispute on 28th Nov (29th my time). I thought the paypal payment are not recurring subscription until I have received 2nd receipt from paypal on Dec 20. I canceled my account on that day and request the 2nd refund for the 2nd payment only. And the battle goes on.

It doesn't look like the OP is a US citizen, and the BBB is a consumer bureau
    Yes, you are right there is no BBB or consumer protection in my country.

Lastly, to some peoples out there. Do not narrowed your mind by calling customer KID or CHILD just because customer are asking for a refund. Period.

Mod! Please close the thread.
      0 Not allowed!