Help me with seo.

Hi there all. I am having big problem with my website and google. I am using bookmarking to get my site indexed quickly in google.com. After 2 days google indexed 139 pages of my site. But after 1 day it droped many of my pages and shows only 20 pages. And after another day it deindexed 4 more pages and remains only 16 pages. Then i submitted my site to google and also submitted sitemap.And know a days google display some times 12 pages and some times 16 pages of my site.My site is searchdone.com.Anyone can help?

I check your site with smartpagerank.com and digpagerank.com
    it shows your site is only two weeks old; don't worry about this, give google more time let say 2 months; your site links should come up alright.

Amir Shah, Don't worry yet. Google gives greater credibility to aged links and websites, so your links will become more valuable in the future. Also, social bookmarking sites usually don't get the same ranking effect in my experience, probably part of google's new "Quality Backlink" filtering scripts. Who knows exactly how those work.

You will also get different results depending on which google server your make your query to.

Ah, right, I didn't think of that.

I'm getting 28 backlinks searching google right now for your site, actually. That's a bit better than 12-16

Amir,

For the first few months you should expect this with Google. It will be very frustrating, but yourstatus on Google will fluctuate quite a bit at first. In several months, you should begin to see more stable results.

Thanx guys for helping me. Lets wait and see the results. By the way anyone wanna share some good seo techniques? I am new to seo. What things to do after creating a new site? Should i submit my site to google.com/addurl or should i use another techniques? Some seo experts say that i should notsubmit to google.com/addurl. What are your suggestions?

1-Title. Make sure your title is descriptive and contains your keywords. Your title shouldn't focus on your sitename entirely, unless search and done are your keywords.

Looks like you've chosen keywords already, but I would suggest finding a 'niche' and choosing less competitive keywords.

2-Meta tags. Title, Keywords, and Description are important to some search engines, and not so important to others. It's never a bad idea to optimize your meta tags though. Especially since some sites which will be providing backlinks (Aboutus.org, etc.) use your metatags to describe your site.

Try a google search for 'metatag generator'. there are a lot of good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by futhey View Post
    Looks like you've chosen keywords already, but I would suggest finding a 'niche' and choosing less competitive keywords.
    Google gives little relevance to keywords (in the metatag context).

His point was that some may rely on them, some may not. While it is commonly known that Google does not, he was saying that it certainly cannot hurt to have good tags.

You got a very bad keyword in your website, 'search engine'. Google hates those keywords, that's no lie!
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Actually not refering to the metatag context, as there are no real metatags in Amir's page.

I was referring to the title and prevelence of "Search Engine" as a likely item google would see as a keyword, based on the website itself.

Sorry for the confusion!

Also regarding metatags: Yes, that is correct. I don't even think google looks at them, period. But there are other search engines that do, and other examples where they can be important. That's the only reason I brought it up, because it can help your SEO efforts for dozens of other search engines, although I do sense that you're looking to get a good ranking in google.

As far as google goes, the best success I've had with SEO and google is to get very uncompetitive keywords. That's why I suggest that if you want first page on google, you don't try to get first page for 'search engine'. A general rule of thumb is to pick a 'niche' keyword (Or phrase), and then search it on google. Then ask yourself 'If I were looking for a website about <keyword>, would I want to see my site more than any of these sites listed on the front page? If the answer is 'no', then in most cases, google will respond the same way. But, if you find a keyword that is specific enough that there are no really good search results in google for that term, then I've seen websites gain high positions rather quickly using this method.

Hope this can help,
    James
    Last edited by futhey; 12-25-2007 at 04:30 AM.

Actually not refering to the metatag context, as there are no real metatags in Amir's page.
    What kind of meta tags are you talking about then? If you are talkling about the visible text on the page, this is not meta tags but "content", which if done right will be highly esteemed by Google.

Good image alt-texts and so on helps too, though meta tags aren't that useful to be honest.

What about other Search engines?

More over your title and content carries a lot of score. Google SERP look for keywords in content and in H1 Tags.

1-Title. Make sure your title is descriptive and contains your keywords. Your title shouldn't focus on your sitename entirely, unless search and done are your keywords.
    Good point. Many people have static titles and wonder why so many of their pages wind up in Google's supplemental index. Each page should have unique content as well as a unique title. Don't start the title with generic terms like "About Us" or "Home" because that does nothing for you.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    What about other Search engines?

More over your title and content carries a lot of score. Google SERP look for keywords in content and in H1 Tags.
    H1 formatted text I would include to the term "content". Regarding optimizing for other search engines than Google, well... I don't see the value in doing so, as Google is so dominant as it is - plus that Google provide search portals for many ISPs.

Whoa very informative. Thanks for the post!

Lots of great posts here on SEO! Great job for all contributors
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO

What kind of meta tags are you talking about then? If you are talkling about the visible text on the page, this is not meta tags but "content", which if done right will be highly esteemed by Google.

Good image alt-texts and so on helps too, though meta tags aren't that useful to be honest.
    Again, Wasn't referring to metatags. Refering to "Target Keywords" or "Searchterms" in google.

Ah, also, regarding h1 tags, I've been told in the past that due to the way some search engines (Including google) view your site after they strip out images, etc., it's always a good idea for your H tags to have a hierarchy, so they should be in order, such as h1, h2, h2, h3, etc.

Again, Wasn't referring to metatags. Refering to "Target Keywords" or "Searchterms" in google.
    You first talked about metatags, didn't you?! In any case, it doesn't matter to debate this, no matter what - as it is not primary here.

Ah, also, regarding h1 tags, I've been told in the past that due to the way some search engines (Including google) view your site after they strip out images, etc.,
    I have seen that using keywords in alt-texts (images) helps.

Ya but is there any software with is help in seo ....

Yes there are many softwares for seo. But i like Dynamic Submission.

Design your website(s) in the right fashion from the start and you won't have to get fooled (more or less) to buy software that claims to give you SEO values.

Moral of the story; Educate yourself in the area you're active in