LIcensehut.com, A Scam?

Hi,

I recently bought a clientexec license from www.licensehut.com (an owned license)

About 2 days after I ordered they gave me a license number, even though I never told them my domain. I'm having issues getting it licensed and working. I submitted a ticket on Tuesday December 18th and no response yet. Getting invalid passphrase when creating invoices which tells me that the domain isn't properly licensed at the moment. (at least that's what the CE forums said)

Is this place a scam? Any other users who were scammed by these people?

Let me know your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by utcrazy View Post
    About 2 days after I ordered they gave me a license number, even though I never told them my domain.
    Just wondering how you placed your order. Your domain appears to be a required field in the very first page of the order process.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I placed the order and put in the domain, just not to the directory. I sent them an email telling them to revise the domain for the license, no response yet.

It's weekend and christmas time.
    Maybe support is not as fast as usual.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

I sent that email last Monday. It's been almost a week, that's unacceptable. I thought they were a large company. Obviously their shifty business is leaving support lacking.

When you buy from someone like licensepal.com, you need to direct ALL support directly to CE, WHMCS or whoever's license you just bought. I'm guessing licensehut has the same setup. You should be asking CE to edit the license settings.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Well licensehut is the one physically giving me the license for my specific domain, so I think they control modifying it in any way. I've been with companies with poor support, 3 or 4 days later I receive a terrible response. I've never been flat out ignored for this long.

You see that they say on their site:
    We are official Client Exec and Active Campaign distributers and as such can offer full product licensing and support at vastly discounted prices.
    Seems they do offer support, you are right. And I agree, 5 days is too long.
    I placed the order and put in the domain, just not to the directory. I sent them an email telling them to revise the domain for the license, no response yet.
    On the other hand, you sent an email? I am guessing you should have clicked the Support button on their page and submitted a ticket.

Vito

If it's like yourdomain.com/folder then it would work fine but if it's a subdomain like folder.yourdomain.com, you would need to enter that.

Regarding licensehut, I have heard a few accounts of slow setups and responses, one of which was a client who eventually decided to use us after being frustrated from waiting too long.

We were actually considering buying them a few months ago but were put off with the price. Last I heard was they had two potential buyers and not sure what's happened since.

Support is offered by ClientExec with owned licenses so I would contact them and let them know about this and hopefully something can be sorted.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

I've used LicenseHut in the past and had an ok experience. Support can be a little slow at times, and they kept refunding my payments, cancelling my paypal subscriptions ect... (something about the currency not being set right). After awhile, they stopped billing me entirely, so finally I just went straight to CE for my license.

I am not sure what the company is up to nowadays, but in the past they were definently not a scam.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

I emailed CE with the support email yesterday. I submitted a ticket with licensehut on Tuesday, but I sent an email first (Monday) If licensehut is willing to give me a refund, I want to go with licensepal.

I guess we'll see what happens.

You can email me and I'll make sure to take care of this asap for you. Not sure who in CE you are talking to but you can email me at alberto@newedge.com
    slack.clientexec.rocks - Come chat with us in our Slack room
    twitter.com/clientexec - Follow Us Today

Email sent.

Actually I didn't read your first post correctly. Your issue has nothing to do with license but using passphrase when validating credit card. You can go to clientexec.com/manual and search for passphrase. You can also http://www.newedge.com/forum and search and post in the NEWEDGE Community.
    slack.clientexec.rocks - Come chat with us in our Slack room
    twitter.com/clientexec - Follow Us Today

i but a unlimited license about 6 days and i dont have any answer about mi ticket or email sent to licensehut
    ® { No HopE & No FeaR } ®
    Be part of the change, because We are the change..

Hi,

Please give me details of this as I have checked the following and cannot see any record of this

1. No payment made into my Paypal account that seem to match this
    2. No order in the billing system for this
    3. No support ticket on the support desk either

I can assure you that despite your posting licensehut.com is not a scam. We have many happy clients and fill orders promptly when received.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsoulblack View Post
    i but a unlimited license about 6 days and i dont have any answer about mi ticket or email sent to licensehut
    Hi,

Firstly I think I've traced your order which was for a 25 client license. This was activated and sent to you the same day that you made payment. I received your payment yesterday not 6 days ago as you state above

07/02/08 Paypal 83D68051U37732206 refers

Either login to your account at wiseclients.com or conact me directly and I'll be pleased to give you the details again

Hi,

I'm also seen that you logged into the client area just over 10 hours ago assuming the order I've traced is yours. Please confirm receipt of details now.

Hi,

You also have CE installed on the sub-domain for which I issued the license.

Kindly confirm or provide further details.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-09-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Jonathan Hamon
    john@sipero.com

Quote Originally Posted by buyersheaven View Post
    Hi,

Please give me details of this as I have checked the following and cannot see any record of this

1. No payment made into my Paypal account that seem to match this
    2. No order in the billing system for this
    3. No support ticket on the support desk either

I can assure you that despite your posting licensehut.com is not a scam. We have many happy clients and fill orders promptly when received.
    That post was back from Dec. 22nd, I doubt they're still looking for technical support
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Hi,

Should have made it clear this relates to the posting yesterday. Seems they made the posting on WHT and then less than 10 minutes later they logged in to the client area.

My guess would be they found the email in their SPAM box. Shame they did not update the post though.
    Last edited by buyersheaven; 02-10-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Jonathan Hamon
    john@sipero.com