Question WestHost support?

Does anybody have anything to say about WestHost's 24/7 tech support?
    I just set up a shared hosting plan with them (actually, still setting up the details) and already had a bad experience.
    Yesterday around 5pm PST I emailed a simple question to their techs. 12:30 am - still no answer and my site is down (I don't know how long it has been down)! I emailed the same question to two different tech support emails and one to the emergency tech email informing of my site been down. 3:45 am - site is back up but not a word from WestHost. 9:41 am - finally got a not very helpfull responce for my original question, no responce to my emergency email or any explanation of why the site was down. 11:30 am - trying to call them - get an answering machine, left a message asking to call me. 1:30 pm - still have not heard from them and their phone line is busy (tried several times).
    Meanwhile, I am getting errors when attemting to create an additional user for MySQL db - I guess I can't GRANT priviliges myself, though before I signed up I asked about that specifically and was assured I could create new users myself. But again, I am just guessing since I still can't reach WestHost...

That shows the support level
    Kevin L. - WiseOnline Solutions
    Under New Management
    AIM: WiseSupportKev

Just a follow up, did you ever get ahold of them after that situation?
    Under New Management

Yes, I had a similar problem with Westhost. I was unable to perform MySql functions after signing up for an account that I had specificially ask about.

Second problem happened recently, when I tried to change DNS servers they could not/would not distribute the change. I am letting the domain name expire.

I wish you the best of luck..
    Under New Management

Their 24/7 support does not exist. A friend of mine is using them for years now and everytime something happens at night it takes until morning that somebody from them reacts.

But

Uptime is very good (!!!!!!!!!!!!) and my friend had not had the need for support that often!

The Fish

I think that if you advertise something you have made a commitment to follow through with it.
    Hostbuyout.com
    [email protected]

Try some better host.