I have 60 websites -- I Need Links.

I have 60 websites and I find it rather difficult to personally try to find reciprocal links for each an every one of them.

A lot of people say that reciprocal links are old news, and that one way links are better, etc -- and, well, one way links are better, but they're also much more difficult to obtain.

So, I am content to stick with the reciprocal links, except that let's say I want to get 20 reciprocal links for each of my websites, that would mean 1200 links.

Considering that 9 times out of ten a link request will yield no response or no thanks or a link exchange that winds up removed a week or month later -- I'd have to literally make 12,000 requests just to get 20 links on each of my site.

That's not including all the work required. When I think about a link exchange I wont even consider linking with a website that will not place my link at the very least, 1 link away from their index page -- or preferably ON their index page would be better. Yes, that means I am after links from other small-ish sites. I don't bother contacting the Reuters website asking for a front page link exchange if you get what I'm saying.

I also check every single website before I will consider a link exchange. I look at the other links that they've set up. If I see that they're linking to everyone and anyone, I wont bother linking to them. I like to see at least some standards there.

I also check to see if they're using rel=nofollow, noindex,nofollow, htaccess or robots tricks to try to suck PR out of other people's websites without returning it -- and I also do a Google check to see if the page is actually listed.

If the website passes the above criteria, I don't mind if it's a blog or a GEOCITIES site. I honestly couldn't care less -- just as long as it's all legit, ethical and above board -- and that I get a general feel of professionalism from the website.

Now if you take into account that I have to CONTACT 12,000 websiites to get 20 links for each of my websites, I find that at least 80% of the websites I find are not suitable to link with.

For example, they either have a link "directory" that has NO PR or search engine presence and they expect a reciprocal link for being thrown in amongst that trash, or they have a links page that's buried so deep into their website it may as well not exist -- or of it's not that there's SOMETHING.

So taking all that I've said into account so far, that 12,000 contacts becomes about 60,000!

I DO NOT have time to review 60,000 websites and put up with all the dramas and associated rigmarole that comes with trying to set up a link exchange.

So what I would like to do is ask you to PM me and I will forward you a list of my websites. I would like to exchange links with you if your website adheres to the above requirements -- and if I set up a link exchange and you remove it a week later -- I WILL come and find you!

I don't care of you're upgrading your site or restructuring or it was just removed for a few days because you're working on the template. I don't want to hear it. If I have a link to your website, I expect mine to be and STAY on your website.

If you're cool with that, well looks like we can help each other out. OR, if you have a few websites yourself don't hesitate to send me a PM and give me a list of your websites. I'll let you know if I'd like to link back.

I would like to post the links here, but you know how it goes -- people get all upset because they think you're spamming -- as if one link in a forum is actually going to be a part of a working advertising strategy, but yeah to save the risk of being mutilated by moderators -- I'll not post my websites

*unless a mod replies and says it's ok -- that would be fantastic. It would save me a whole heap of PM'ing and trouble

Or at least a link to a text file containing a list.

A bloke is just trying to speed up a difficult and cumbersome process here -- any communication and requests are welcome.

Oh and related websites only. I absolutely do not link to unrelated websites, and I do not link with websites that have 50,000 links on their link page. I only link with websites that have less than 100 related links -- and that I can see they've been thoughtfully gathered. There are not too many websites online that have LESS than 100 r elated links, letalone more than 100. Most sites that have more than 100 links -- well, they're usually just not worth setting up an exchange with.
    Last edited by MrLeN; 12-22-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Moved to Advertising Requests.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Woooo View Post
    can you write in simple words, if you like paid or free links?

Put simply, no I would not like to purchase any links from you.