Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This makes Plesk one of the most expensive CPs out there. With Ensim offering it for about $100 for 100 domains and H-Sphere $4.5 per domain one time and it's reusable, you're getting high with $300 easyPSA and $300-$800 for Plesk. Upfront cost is about $600 to $1100.

Hmmmm
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

* Ensim sucks

Ensim sucks. There price for their multiple server management software is like thousands of dollars compared to Plesk 5.0. I used Ensim and it's soooo slow. Plesk is awesome. Plesk came with my dedicated server at Rackshack so I didn't have to pay any license fee.

That's what I hear!
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

Yeah, I had to toss up between Ensim and Plesk, but for some reason my partner and I decided on Ensim... whatever reason it was, it was bad... should've gone with plesk

Ever since then, been regretting that move... but what can we do now that we've got it and paid for it

*counts the days for the modernbill/plesk integrated system*

I tell you what easypsa - if the modernbill version is no good, I will buy your product and eat my words.

But I dont know why I would pay $49 for a custom module I could write myself. That is deh suck!

I am with Hosticle here. Your support sounds great now, I'll give you that. Locking the IP in direct to the encrypted code really feels too creepy and controlling.

Maybe a middleground would be to do like how PHPManager does it (or how I understand it anyways..). The software is good on one IP, and that IP is registered on their website in an account setup. Then if you ever have to change IPs, you can on the fly.

It would save you time if you had this sort of authentication, no need to ever bother with re-encoding anyone's software. And if the person paid you to install, now are they going to repay you if their host ever changes IPs or if they change hosts. Well, suppose they would need to pay for install again if they were moving hosts anyways, so that's a bad example.

As a side note, you mentioned something about your partnership with Plesk, and if you will allow me to play Devil's advocate for a moment - I believe Plesk used to tote their partnership with Cyberwings.com on their partner's website.

So, being one of their partners isn't all some would crack it up to be.

-WC-

link to said partner with Cyberwings.com:

http://www.plesk.com/html/partners/c.../cyberwing.htm

What's wrong with cyberwings?

Or did I miss something here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12