Godaddy, I hate you.

This is the last straw; I got ONE EMAIL PER DOMAIN REGISTERED asking if I want to register myname.tld last night apparently.

I just tried to transfer them away,
    Authorization Code: Send by Email

After clicking, it's been about a day or so - nothing. I've checked and double checked.

I called 480-505-8877/8855 and was on hold for 2 hours, and then got asked half a million times why I wanted to transfer anyways, and why I wasn't satisfied.

As of right now, domains still aren't moved.
    semi-retired

I understand your frustration, but give them around 5-7 days before getting back to them.

I bet they are understaffed near the holidays.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Understaffed compared to the increased amount of customer care issues perhaps?!

Why would it take 5-7 days to get an automated email????

I ran into similar issues, ended up having to renew my domains with them because the authorization email never arrived, and I ran out of time before I was "allowed" to transfer the domain. This has happened on 2 different domains now.

It's not just you ... their system is horked.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

domains take at least 5 days to be transfered once you receive the notifying mail from Godaddy... Be patiente. If after 5/6 days nothing happens then by all means contact GD ...

Cheers,

From what our clients have told us, this process is par-for-the-course with godaddy. Good luck.

Regards,

Everyone should just use name.com =P

2 hours? One support staff per 100K customers? Sounds like telephone isn't the best way to contact them. I still have one domain at GD, maybe it's time to move that one too...
    -Mr Bister

Yup. They'll burn you. Look for the phone number for the "office of the president". They help a bit more than regular support.
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

a year or so ago i bought a domain from them and they didn't send me the info and my info i registered didn't work so i emailed them and no reply than a year later i get billed was last October and i phoned them on hold for at least 30 min than they said they cant refund its over the refund policy days or w/e so I'm never buying from there again.

@ugw-hosting That is not good at all I guess I can consider myself lucky to not have had any issues with GoDaddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo38 View Post
    domains take at least 5 days to be transfered once you receive the notifying mail from Godaddy...
    Last time I transferred out domains from there, it took maybe 24 hours. But, the OP's problem is not them releasing the domain, but rather them not giving up the EPP code/registrar key/whatever you want to call it -- which shouldn't take 5 days to send out.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    I called 480-505-8877/8855 and was on hold for 2 hours, and then got asked half a million times why I wanted to transfer anyways, and why I wasn't satisfied.
    Here's a tip: when you call your registrar, state upfront you're not interested in any of their offers and what-not before you tell them your actual issue. Various registrars' phone personnel do sales pitches noawadays, and it's not going to go away.

Correct email on record? Filters?

Hmm, sounds like an email latency on their part...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan View Post

Correct email on record? Filters?
    The only thing I don't get from them is anything I request.
    semi-retired

Godaddy does a lot of marketing...

Enough to make me want to add them to my spamfilter!

(Don't post about how that's a bad idea. I know this already. They just market Way to much to their customers. It is definately borderline spamming).

Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    The only thing I don't get from them is anything I request.
    That is certainly odd. Just to make sure, change your email to, for example, your gmail account and then try making the change again. Some emails might get stuck in transit, even if some are let through. (even the "get your name"-annoyances )

I have never cared for them, do to poor customer service.