Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best hosting company website

hey all,

just out of intrest in your opinon what is the best desigined web hosting company website you have seen, i am looking for inspiration for my new web hosting company wich i plan to start in 7 months time

many thanks

Joe

My number 2 is w9. They have a nice web site
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

whats w9 web address?

wirenine.com
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

siteground.com

Hi,

http://www.centaurhosting.com/
    http://www.webhostasp.com/

I think this could also help you.

Regards

thanks all for your help i will be looking over my options merry xmas everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ~ServerPoint~ View Post
    wirenine.com
    Nice. I like asmallorange.com, reliablesite.net, mediatemple.net, mosso.com, the old liquidweb.com site (the new one is ugly).

reliablesite.net is broken in Opera (javascript error). I reported the problem to them twice but they didn't fix it

When you calculate cost, it still says "Not a number".

site5.com
    wirenine.com
    mediatemple
    http://www.medialayer.com/
    mosso.com
    hostnine
    hostgator
    reliablesite

to name a few
    Got Fused?

hostgator
    Really? I found their design horrible, functional and obviously does the job, but I don't like it at all.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Really? I found their design horrible, functional and obviously does the job, but I don't like it at all.
    true, its not a 'goodlooking' site - but Im pretty sure it converts quite good, and thats what its all about right?

Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    The key to their site is simplicity. Content is clear, straight to the point and informative... I might call this "abstaining ease".

I too find the Hostgator website not attractive.

Well ok, this is a slightly odd ball choice, but I really like nearlyfreespeach.net. It has no photos of good looking women smiling at you, or of racks of shiny new servers, to save on bandwidth. I tend to think like that too.

But they do have a lot of text, and reading through the whole site is practically an education on hosting.

There are a few hosting sites where it is hard to find more information than their first page broad outline, but not nsf.

Basically, I like information, and I'm still stubbornly sticking to dial up (at 5.95 a month) so I am happy to do without the photos.

best wishes, lloyd

I've always liked the simple, yet stylish look of www.crucialwebhost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Looie View Post
    Yes, clean, simple, to the point. The least text, the better. No one likes to read text.

Quote Originally Posted by Looie View Post
    Yes, very nice indeed...

The least text, the better. No one likes to read text.
    Saying that on a forum...

That being said, crucialwebhost.com has a cool, "today" look. What we'll think of it 3 years from now, remains to be seen. True art stands the test of time.

IMO, for a host, website looks by themselves should matter close to 0%. The site must do its job (sell), even if the maximization of that comes at a cost regarding looks.

HG's new look seems fine to me. The old one felt a bit dated.

eleven2.com looks great as well.
    hi there!

medialayer.com and softlayer.com byfar

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Saying that on a forum...
    Of course... Visitors want to go straight to the point. When they access a web hosting web site, if they see a huge page full of text with useless "we're the best, we have 99% uptime, we have the best hardware, etc..." with all the useless blablabla, instead of just seeing the main features and prices, they get a bad impression at best, or they even leave.

Quote Originally Posted by calande View Post
    Of course... Visitors want to go straight to the point. When they access a web hosting web site, if they see a huge page full of text with useless "we're the best, we have 99% uptime, we have the best hardware, etc..." with all the useless blablabla, instead of just seeing the main features and prices, they get a bad impression at best, or they even leave.
    I've seen the opposite as well - it depends entirely on the target audience.

A bit contraversial but personally i dont like any of the ones sugested for the simple reason that they all look the same! They are all very well made and look good from a design point of view but if you look at them all side by side they all throw bandwidth, space, price and a whole load of technical information in your face, can anyone take in that amount of information at once? does doing this set you apart from the competition? I would say no.

Non of them sell the company they all sell a product that can be copied by any other company (hence why they all look the same). Obviously it depends on the market you want to target but as an example what does 'shared hosting' mean to someone who isnt in the industry? Absolutely nothing! So why not call your shared hosting something different!? How about scaling your packages so the purchaser gets to find out how much of a server they 'own' so shared hosting might be 1/200 of a server, tell the customer that and they are more likely to tell their friends ' i use 1/200 of a server for my site' the friend could then reply 'well i use 1/50'. Just a thought.

I think the industry is far too caught up with bandwidth, space etc etc when they should be more worried about how to make their company stand out from the rest as these are no longer unique selling points.

Further to this i dont think service should be looked at as a unique selling point either as this is expected, not unique.

I would suggest a website that i like but i cant find one but i hope i have given something to think about!

Good thread - one of the reasons we wanted to redo our site was due to the cookie-cutter approach taken by the industry(majority). Besides ours, I like mediatemple's site and cartikas. DTH's is nice and clean - very print-like.

Regards,

medialayer.com gets our vote, the site immediately hits you with a reason why you should choose them 'is your data safe?' It works extremely well as a unique selling point and i think makes them stand out from the crowd.

hostican.com
    eleven2.com

I would have to say mediatemple.net and reliablesite.net (the new site)

Another vote for reliablesite.

My vote go fro uk2.net

HostGator's site is the definition of SEO, not a personal favorite, there's too much text on it, and its all very close together. But I suppose it meets their purpose
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Quote Originally Posted by lightasair View Post
    I would have to say mediatemple.net and reliablesite.net (the new site)
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoning View Post
    Another vote for reliablesite.
    Thanks and thanks.

To the first poster -- we are aware of the Opera issue with the custom plan builder and it will be fixed (soon).

1&1! It's nicely lined, nicely colored, plenty of info with several ways to logically navigate, and the present holiday imagery is subtle and... nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ReyoxHosting View Post
    HostGator's site is the definition of SEO
    Uh, do you know what SEO is?

I have always enjoyed MediaLayers design. It just works really well for them and I think that as long as your design portrays a positive look for your company, your design is solid. I will admit, being a designer myself I have seen some sites that I just do not understand, but hey to each his own. But MediaLayer and WiredTree are my favorites!
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders

Quote Originally Posted by Fixago View Post
    Don't see why he wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixago View Post
    Evidently you don't if you're asking that question.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Good point, ReyoxHosting - let's not feed the trolls.

It's important, when evaluating a web site, to consider what precisely is being examined... 1) the visual appeal? 2) the SEO effectiveness? 3) the usability? ... as each of these are distinct traits which may or may not play well with a given target audience, and as such, may or may not be upheld as important for driving a particular type of sale.

The question needs a bit of clarification, as evidenced by the variety of answers. Some like XYZ site, others like ABC, while others dislike CDE and yet others absolutely detest UVW... a lot of this comes down to personal preference.

And, let us not confuse the effectiveness of a web site, with that of its branding and marketing strategy. Just look at the Nike logo for example. Without billions spent into marketing, would any of use really know what that swoosh thing is about, let alone the name of the company?

Cheers,

David
    Canvas Host, LLC - http://www.canvas.host - 800.574.4299
    cPanel shared and reseller plans. Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder.
    200% renewable wind power offset, sustainable practices, certified B Corporation.
    30-Day Money-Back, 99.9% Uptime, No-Oversell.

Quote Originally Posted by ReyoxHosting View Post
    Evidently you don't if you're asking that question.
    No, I asked you that because you said HG's site was the very definition of SEO, when it (quite obviously) is not. But if you think SEO is just filling your site's copy up with keyword rich terms, then I can see how you might think that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast