Need new host, Fluidhosting email problems. Office in China, but global audience

We are currently hosted with Fluidhosting (Large shared hosting package) and have been with them for about a couple of years.

As a webhost they have been excellent, but as the company has grown (to about 20 people) email has been getting worse and worse. My staff now have daily problems with emails - they are going missing, repeated sending (one customer was annoyed at getting 20 copies of the same email from one of my staff this morning), and often not sending or receiving properly. We have discussed the issue several times with Fluidhosting support but they keep shifting the blame to outside forces.

We are now looking to move to a new host, initially for just emails since there is no rush to move our website (website uptime and performance is great as mentioned earlier) - but I want to purchase a full hosting package as we may move hosting over also if everything is going well with the new company.

I am looking for recommendations of hosts please:

- We need good quality emails as No.1 priority. Most of my staff are in central China, but we don't want Chinese hosting because then our emails will go into our customer's spam folder immediately. My IT manager's idea has been that email service should improve my moving from East coast US (Fluidhosting) to West coast US (which has a bit faster connections to China), and I am interested to hear comments on this issue.
    - My budget is up to double what we are currently paying to Fluidhosting. So $40+ per month is OK.
    - I would prefer a large company if possible. I would feel uncomfortable with a company smaller than Fluidhosting - so same size or bigger.
    - We had 16.6Gb of traffic to our website in November 07, and that can be expected to at least double over the coming year.

I appreciate any suggestions and recommendations of suitable hosts.

I also appreciate any suggestions on the email issue in terms of ideas people might have on how we can test the suitability of delivering good email service to us in China (our current idea is to ping a few hosts we like the look of at different times and select one with faster average ping rates).

For $40 per month, you can find a good, quality host. The first host that comes to mind is www.axishost.com (they seem to be pretty well recommended). Also, check out the offers section located on the bottom of the forum for a wide range of deals from many different hosts.
    Good luck!

Have you tried Google Aps? maybe you can outsource emails with them while you keep the hosting with FH.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

One more criteria

One more criteria that I forgot to note:

- It is helpful if the host has a good anti-spam policy (such as limiting how many emails are sent out each hour) so that we aren't sharing a server with a spammer. We do a lot of research, and every email that falls into the spam folder of the people we are contacting makes it that bit harder to do our work. We already get some negative points just from the IP address range of email origin (must be some spammers in the same Chinese city as us) and I want to avoid additional email spam points if possible.

www.google.com/a Google Apps

Quote Originally Posted by Kit75 View Post
    As a webhost they have been excellent, but as the company has grown (to about 20 people) email has been getting worse and worse. My staff now have daily problems with emails - they are going missing, repeated sending (one customer was annoyed at getting 20 copies of the same email from one of my staff this morning), and often not sending or receiving properly. We have discussed the issue several times with Fluidhosting support but they keep shifting the blame to outside forces.

The first issue is you are attempting to get email through your hosting company. I've been with Fluidhosting for about four or five years now, but they won't touch my main business email. IMO, hosting companies are hosting companies and email always seemed like a "secondary" part of that business. Not only with FH, but with all hosting companies. They stick up squirlmail or horde and focus on the hosting part, not email (that much).

What you need is an email company to handle your business email, not a web hosting company.

Currently, I do my business email through http://www.everyone.net (I use personal email solution). http://www.everyone.net/business-ema...addresses.html at $35 a year. I emailed them and they said I could use this solution for businesses purposes. You could also do the business email http://www.everyone.net/business-ema...l-hosting.html for $15 a month.

Of course, you use http://www.webmail.us ... but it cost a lot.

You could do google, if you like labels... some people like google, some don't. Some fanatics push it as if it were going out of style. Only issue I have with google for business mail is the amount of spam and the amount of false-positives you receive. In addition, filters are very weak. Seen spam is high (in spam box). Scanning of email, etc... I'd not use for serious business email. Positives for gmail: imap (even if not that hot, still free... get what you pay for though) and docs.

you could also do hotmail domains http://domains.live.com . I've used this as well, and it is ok. Again, the filters are very weak, but the seen spam is low. I'd not use this for serious business email. Positives for hotmail: use outlook, you have outlook connector. Also have a connector into word, etc to save your documents online... some people like this better, I don't care to save my business docs online.

Yahoo also has a service, but I've never used it for my domains.

AOL also have a domain service, but last time I checked aol needed to have control of the domain before they would host it. You might want to check since their imap is 100 times smoother than gmails. With gmail you might see timeout issues (like I and others have seen) with imap. Well, actually gmails imap is really difficult to understand anyway since they use labels and the way it is setup... really odd setup they have... although, gmail blog has indicated they will fix these issues in '08.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

In which city are you located in China? Based on our clients experience, you should consider HK or Singapore, or if you prefer the US, Western coast servers for your hosting.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

Quote Originally Posted by sinohosting View Post
    In which city are you located in China? Based on our clients experience, you should consider HK or Singapore, or if you prefer the US, Western coast servers for your hosting.

Hi. We are in Wuhu, in Anhui province. Any suggestions for hosts in HK/Singapore that suit our criteria?

We used to host clients sites in Singapore till our main server IP got blocked in China recently, our new server will be ready only by next month, and for now our clients sites are on US servers. There are a couple of very good Hong Kong hosts that you can find through a simple Google search, most are very reliable, some examples are jump.com.hk, abchk.com, hosting.com.hk, hkhosting.com etc. Hong Kong has worldclass datacenters but the cost for hosting is much higher than the US for instance.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

I am sorry to hear your experience. But it seems the problem you have is unique on your end. In fact, as we grow our mail reliability has been one of our growing strength. Over the last years, we have developed sophisticated system to prevent our mail server IP be blacklisted because of spams. We have heard very little complaint about our mail problems. Your issues of getting 20 copies of emails, or your problem with sending/receiving, does not seem to be a known problem with other customers that warrant your claim that our mail service has gotten worse.

Feel free to contact me with the ticket number you have opened with us and I will personally check into this problem.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    I am sorry to hear your experience. But it seems the problem you have is unique on your end. In fact, as we grow our mail reliability has been one of our growing strength. Over the last years, we have developed sophisticated system to prevent our mail server IP be blacklisted because of spams. We have heard very little complaint about our mail problems. Your issues of getting 20 copies of emails, or your problem with sending/receiving, does not seem to be a known problem with other customers that warrant your claim that our mail service has gotten worse.

Feel free to contact me with the ticket number you have opened with us and I will personally check into this problem.

Hi Dave. I didn't say that Fluidhosting's email system has gotten worse over time - my comment was that as our company has grown and we have been operating more simultaneous email accounts that the problems have gotten worse and worse. Eg. Things were ok when there were 5 people in the office, but as we grew to 20 people it developed more and more troubles to the point that it is quite terrible at the moment.

With 40+ you can find a great, reliable host! Just search around the forums.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

I'm posting an update to this old item.

Fluidhosting adjusted some routing which helped improve the email situation, but the big improvement came when we switched to a dedicated fibre line. So it seems that most of the fault was on our side. China is building a new higher capacity internet line between China and US due up in a few months so hopefully things will keep improving.

Currently we are at 23 staff and all email is working fine. We continue to be happy with Fluidhosting's service. We are shortly going to upgrade to VPS from our current shared hosting solution and will very likely continue to grow under Fluidhosting.

Kit Temple
    ENF Ltd

I'm posting an update to this old item.

Fluidhosting adjusted some routing which helped improve the email situation, but the big improvement came when we switched to a dedicated fibre line. So it seems that most of the fault was on our side. China is building a new higher capacity internet line between China and US due up in a few months so hopefully things will keep improving.

Currently we are at 23 staff and all email is working fine. We continue to be happy with Fluidhosting's service. We are shortly going to upgrade to VPS from our current shared hosting solution and will very likely continue to grow under Fluidhosting.

Kit Temple
    ENF Ltd
    Thanks for the update. Please let us know how your story unfolds.

Kind Regards,

Kit,

Good to hear that everything is improving. We do everything we can to make sure everything is optimized on our end for you. In the near future, we will be extending our geographical presence into US West Coast and Central, so I am sure things will only be improving for you.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

hi,

You can check hostnine.com, they even have singapore DC and they are very reliable..