Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    KnownHost.com - Great service

    I've had a VPS with them for 3 days now. I got it when my WHM Master reseller hosted with 600host.net (in the UK) crashed(all mysql DB's were lost). Afetr this happened I read a bit about knownhost.com here on the forums and decided to go with them. And what a good choice I made.

    My VPS with knownhost.com was set up in about 5 hours, security hardened, cpanel installed, working like a charm. Afetr I configured personal settings I contacted their support service asking them for help in moving my accounts from my previuos reseller. They were exatrordinary! Due to what had happened with 600host.net moving account the fast way (by generating backups directly to the VPS) was impossible. So they offered to move my accounts one by one, by generating backups, downloading to their computer and then uploading to the VPS (for those who are familiar with this procedure it is nerve-wrecking and time consuming).

    I have to say I was very impressed by this as I never would have thought that this kind of support is possible. I recommend them to anyone who is in need for good, cheap, reliable webhosting.

    Thank you KnownHost.com!

  2. #2
    It's been one month and thigs are going great. 100% uptime, less than 15 minutes replies from support( I contacted them regarding scripts that weren't working for my clients and they told me the errors in the scripts WOW! ) . No problems, network is working great, anyone who has downloaded something from any account hosted under my VPS could get files at their maximum download speed.

    Overall I'm very satissfied with their service. The only thing that bothers me is that they host in the US and my company targets EU citizens so I have somewhat of a pig ping (about 160-170 ms).

    Great company I strongly recommend it to anyone in need of a good VPS for webhosting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    274
    I have two VPS accounts with KnownHost and love them both. I have one VPS in their CA datacenter and the other in the Texas DC and no issues.
    BestVPSReviews.com - KnownHost VPS? Liquid Web VPS? See my personal experience with these hosts.
    Best Web Hosting - The Best Web Hosting Deals and News

  4. #4
    How's the CA doing ? I was intrigued by the double ammount fo BW but the "premium" BW thing made me stick with Texas.



    Quote Originally Posted by HostingDeals View Post
    I have two VPS accounts with KnownHost and love them both. I have one VPS in their CA datacenter and the other in the Texas DC and no issues.
    Last edited by RoGaz; 01-14-2008 at 05:05 PM.

  5. #5
    So it appears they are just as good as my friend told me. He's been with them for 2 yrs and stands behind them. Do they have any specials at this time?

  6. #6
    No special atm, I got a Christmas offer with extra 50 % RAM, extra 50% BW, 50% off the first 2 months. A very good deal if you ask me. But you should check out their website periodically because from what I've read they have great offers pretty often.

    Quote Originally Posted by sheba59 View Post
    So it appears they are just as good as my friend told me. He's been with them for 2 yrs and stands behind them. Do they have any specials at this time?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    274
    CA is doing great. They had a DDoS a month or so ago and they were able to get my sites online within 15 minutes or so with the DDoS IP attacked blocked and corrected.

    Amazing stuff. I've been on CA for a long time now and just bought one at Texas just to "spread out" my sites.

    And yes, that VPS site in my signature is hosted on their VPS. Do a check on the IP, it's in Texas
    BestVPSReviews.com - KnownHost VPS? Liquid Web VPS? See my personal experience with these hosts.
    Best Web Hosting - The Best Web Hosting Deals and News

  8. #8
    Well I have a Texas VPS as well but I was wondering what that "premium" BW means, because CA offers double BW but Texas has Premium...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    11
    Wild guess here, maybe it's on a private network? (@ Rogaz)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by sheba59 View Post
    So it appears they are just as good as my friend told me. He's been with them for 2 yrs and stands behind them. Do they have any specials at this time?
    Please email our sales department or visit us on live chat to discuss this. Btw, it's good to hear your friend is happy.

    -Jay
    KnownHost Managed VPS Specialists
    Toll Free: (866)-332-9894
    Fully Managed VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Servers

    RocketVPS.com - Premium Unmanaged VPS Hosting

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by HostingDeals View Post
    CA is doing great. They had a DDoS a month or so ago and they were able to get my sites online within 15 minutes or so with the DDoS IP attacked blocked and corrected.

    Amazing stuff. I've been on CA for a long time now and just bought one at Texas just to "spread out" my sites.

    And yes, that VPS site in my signature is hosted on their VPS. Do a check on the IP, it's in Texas
    It's a pleasure working with you. Thank you for the kind words. It's very much appreciated.

    -Jay
    KnownHost Managed VPS Specialists
    Toll Free: (866)-332-9894
    Fully Managed VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Servers

    RocketVPS.com - Premium Unmanaged VPS Hosting

  12. #12
    I am another happy customer. Every since they have become fully managed VPS they releived me from a lot of headachage. their support is great and I recommend them

    regards
    Thanks

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGaz View Post
    I was wondering what that "premium" BW means, because CA offers double BW but Texas has Premium...
    Ye KH! What's the answer to this?

  14. #14
    I also want to know,what is the answer of that?Premium Bandwidth?Whats that?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,915
    The term "premium" bandwidth is used for our Texas datacenter based on the bandwidth providers used there. For example Internap and Level 3 we use and they are about as good as it gets. It's not cheap just like Premium gas at the gas station. Hope this helps.

    -Jay
    KnownHost Managed VPS Specialists
    Toll Free: (866)-332-9894
    Fully Managed VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Servers

    RocketVPS.com - Premium Unmanaged VPS Hosting

  16. #16
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Knownhost - J View Post
    The term "premium" bandwidth is used for our Texas datacenter based on the bandwidth providers used there. For example Internap and Level 3 we use and they are about as good as it gets. It's not cheap just like Premium gas at the gas station. Hope this helps.

    -Jay
    This still doesn't explain the differences between the two types of b/w.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    10,574
    Quote Originally Posted by minipro View Post
    This still doesn't explain the differences between the two types of b/w.
    Lower latency, greater transfer speeds (generally), and you could say greater reliability as well.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Lower latency, greater transfer speeds (generally), and you could say greater reliability as well.
    greater transfer speeds - are they both not 100 Mbps?
    greater reliability - in what ways?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by minipro View Post
    greater transfer speeds - are they both not 100 Mbps?
    greater reliability - in what ways?
    Both datacenters have the same network speed. As for the reliability part there isn't one way to really answer that. Bottomline, Texas is a solid datacenter with two great bandwidth providers and is known to be quite reliable.

    -Jay
    KnownHost Managed VPS Specialists
    Toll Free: (866)-332-9894
    Fully Managed VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Servers

    RocketVPS.com - Premium Unmanaged VPS Hosting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •