My name is Leon. I am looking for a job as a Technical Support Specialist. I can work in any role - be it level1, level2 or level3 admin. I have over 6 years of experience working on Cpanel/WHM servers.
Here is brief summary of my skills and experience :
Software Apache, php, MySQL, PgSQL, Exim, ClamAV, PureFTP, ProFTP, QMAIL, SpamAssassin, Nagios, Sitescope, CMS ( Drupal, phpnuke ), ImageMagick, NetPBM, Firewalls (APF), chkrootkit.
Networking - Extensive knowledge of Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, SNMP, VPN, DHCP)
Systems RHEL4, FreeBSD, Fedora, Debian, OpenSuse, CentOS, Ubuntu, Gentoo.
- Troubleshooting client issues via Helpdesk.
- Server & Network Security Auditing - Vulnerability Assessment and Correction.
- Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service down / Load Alerts etc) Exp with Nagios and Sitescope.
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL), MySQL performance tuning and optimization.
- Bash/Shell Scripting.
- Apache Administration and Security, facile with various modules eg: mod_security, mod_evasive.
- Php recompile and security adding support for newer modules.
- System Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, DNS lookups etc).
- Exim Administration and Security experience with ClamAV, Sophos AV, ExiScan and SpamAssassin.
- Facile with Cpanel and WHM (setting up customer accounts, setting up DNS cluster, IP etc).
- VPN Technologies (Poptop).
- Administering Linux Server Security and Server processes APF (Anti DOS configuration), BDF, PRM and SIM.
- DNS and Reverse DNS (experience with Bind and QDNS).
- Linux Kernel Security, maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
- Experience with Information Sharing Services NIS and LDAP
- Security (Intrusion Detection with snort, chkrootkit, RKHunter, firewalls, security updates)
- 3rd party Software installations CMS (OSCommerce, Phpnuke, Drupal), Fantastico, RVSkin, URCHIN, ZendOptimizer, GD, ImageMagick, NetPBM, Gallery Software).
- SSH security.
- Server Virtualization using VMWARE.
- Experience with VPS software (WHM Vps).
- Securing against DOS and DDOS.
- Monitoring and Managing Network Devices SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol).
- Administering and Managing LAN Network.
I can spend about 10-12 hours on a daily basis and about 4-6 hours on Sundays.
Salary Expectation - This can be discussed later depending on the job requirement.
Please contact me if you find my profile suitable - I can provide up to 3 recommendations - all from industry peers.
You can either PM me or contact me via MSN - my msn id is gtealeaf[at]gmail.com
Also you can mail me at gtealeaf[at]gmail.com