Hostingcontroller a dream come true?

I have mostly plesk servers. Plesk servers is good but lately SW Soft sucks.

The target pricing by set. That means mostly by client, they even offered my licenses based on my revenue like 10% !!!!

Plesk is really sucking. You pay 1500$ for a panel that you cannot customize, they put advertising from Virtuozzo and Sw Soft in the whole panel.

The charge for free open source products like Spam Assasin. Antivirus is also Paid you cannot use ClamAW. Clustering costs extra.

Support costs 75$ per ticket. This must the only company that is so crazy to charge for a buggy panel.

Im starting to hate Plesk. Mostly they buy competitors out because they dont they suck. They have money.

I found Hostincontroller here on WHT and im really starting to make the decision to change all my plesk servers to them.
    The feautures like a dream.

Is it really that good? Any experiences here on the forum?

Think twice about HC. Its sucks. Their support sucks and they always tried to blame us (our installation of windows) when things went wrong. Our MSSQL db was corrupt on two occasions and they kept blaming it on Win2k3. After about a year of this nonsense we moved everyone to Helm and gave HC the middle finger. I have no idea what their current version is like but looking around there recently, well i didnt see much in improvements, not on their forums and not in their demo. The choice is yours though, good luck!

Try Helm or Hsphere if they can run on Windows.
    << Please see the Rules page. >>

H-Sphere looks good but it is too complex for customer and for admin too.

Thats bad to her. Well i tried H-Sphere. The problem is it says it Multilanguage and its not. Its very but very bad translated, most words still remain in enlish, i also see it lacks features and is a little complicated. But the worst of it, Sw Soft bought it. And they will discontinue the product eventually. They said they will still release fixes but not any new versions, thats the way to kill the product, then they are going to discontinue it just like they do with all products they buy.

I'm currently want to by HC7, but will try first. Actually I will make a choice between H-Sphere & Hosting Controller.
    Main benefit of HC7 is that it's allows almost any modification of server's software configuration but also it means that you have to take care about all software installed on server, other panels use their own packages of servers, like apache.
    There is also one cluster panel, CubePanel, supprts both Linux and Windows. I can't find their negative sides, but it is too simple maybe

I do see one point against Hostingcontroller, they mainly Windows. I dont use Windows server, they have to many problems.

Yes, HC is a windows centric control panel but the way they handle Linux in cluster is good. They've added some new features in Linux (esp. that click and install package) and the good aspect of using HC is that they listen to what customer suggest for integration. They've promised me QMail and Debian support in next build.

Blessed.

Their support is good, they even login my account to solve my problems, they do have both linux and windows. Been using them since HC 1.0b. Great company great support!

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    I have mostly plesk servers. Plesk servers is good but lately SW Soft sucks.
    EDIT: n/m... thought you guys were talking about Helm
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseOne View Post
    SWSoft just bought Helm.
    What the hell....

I guess there is not going to be left a single panel that is not own by Sw Soft. The next i heard was to buy Cpanel.

Hi again,
    I've installed a HC7 cluster and found few limitations that probably will not allow me to use it.

1. (not really important) One user can't have both windows and linux domains.
    2. You will need a mailserver on windows and mailserver on linux for selling both hostings. It is not cluster in general, it's two clusters with same management interface only.

This is very bad because now I even don't know which panel I can use.

1. Plask - very complex and expensive. Bad support (tried only russian one), best traditions of soviet-style service even in pre-sale state/

2. H-Sphere - complex and probably will no longer in development. Not really good ideology - sell resources (mailboxes, megabytes, not plans)

3. HC7 (Cluster) - not yet a cluster. and maybe will not be. (What I will say to client if he will ask a linux hosting with an access to MS SQL database?)

Support from HC wrote me that that was a mistake and I can have one mailserver per cluster and cluster is really role-based. Good news

Also can someone tell something about hostflow?

Hosting COntroller is a nightmare.
    We have a legacy system running it and it is constantly having weird faults with no error messages showing but things not working correctly.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to make any control panel work correctly is to have a unified log in to a central control panel system which communicates out to the server based control panels via an API.

This is the direction we are moving in (very quickly).
    Once this is done we can think about replacing some of the actual control panel systems with our own home made one as we can make it use the same API calls.
    We don't use half the features in the control panels we use and they are all too complicated.
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

2. H-Sphere - complex and probably will no longer in development.
    What? HSphere control panel is no more complex than cPanel in my opinion. Development continues at what seems to be a faster pace then before SWsoft purchased them..

Not really good ideology - sell resources (mailboxes, megabytes, not plans)
    Not sure what you mean by this? You create plans and pricing, of course the built in billing system may throw you along with many features if you are used to cPanel etc. How much experience do you have with HSphere?

My experience is very small, but these things is confirmed by psoft. You can't give a planes that will be resold by resellers, so you'll charge resellers by sold resources not plans.
    HC7 is much more simpler, I don't even tried cPanel because I need to control Windows / Linux cluster.
    H-Sphere, of course, is more feature rich.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    I am very exited about the release of MS Exchange supported version of Hosting Controller. Cant wait to get my hands on it.
    Why dont you try Dotnetpanel over HC. They are actually the first to integrate MS Exchange over HC if thats what your primary concern is.
    << Please see the Rules page. >>

Quote Originally Posted by gosha View Post
    My experience is very small, but these things is confirmed by psoft. You can't give a planes that will be resold by resellers, so you'll charge resellers by sold resources not plans.
    HC7 is much more simpler, I don't even tried cPanel because I need to control Windows / Linux cluster.
    H-Sphere, of course, is more feature rich.

In Hsphere 3.0 and up, there is a thing called markup plans. You can create these plans and let your resellers sell them. They are also still free to create any type of plan they want with what ever resources they have available to them.

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation...l#markup_plans
    Last edited by Chris_M; 12-22-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    What? HSphere control panel is no more complex than cPanel in my opinion. Development continues at what seems to be a faster pace then before SWsoft purchased them..
    I cant wait for 3.1. to be released stable. Lots of new stuff coming soon.

http://www.swsoft.com/en/psoft/beta/...es_hsphere/#s4

Quote Originally Posted by gosha View Post
    Hi again,

3. HC7 (Cluster) - not yet a cluster. and maybe will not be. (What I will say to client if he will ask a linux hosting with an access to MS SQL database?)
    If you have sql server installed on any windows machine then HC7 cluster feature will automatically create db for linux user. If you see linux plan in HC panel then you will find sql resource in it which use for such purpose.

Now in my demo cluster I can't create mailboxes for windows hosting in case if I have mailserver on linux server. I did not tried it with windows mailserver of course. They said that this is a bug... will see...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    Development continues at what seems to be a faster pace then before SWsoft purchased them..
    Ok, can you then explain to why Windows 2008 Server wont be supported in H-Sphere the next 9-10 months, if it will be supported at all? If you ask me, SWSoft killed H-Sphere with this decision.