well, its finally time. Finally time to retire our old Raq4. Its been a great server, but now its just too slow (1 hour+ to distribute a message to 1k recipients even though its purely a dedicated list server now).

Anyone have any recommendations for a good listserv/control panel app to do this? We LOVE the Raq4 interface, and have yet to find another that is as intuitive. the 550/BQ front end is atrocious, and very clunky to manage.

We specifically like the ability to show a list of the list addresses in one column, with the members in the second column. we have hundreds of lists, each with only a couple members each based on job function. It works well for us. Scratch that last line. It works PERFECTLY for us. Hence the ancient box still in production.

This isnt used for large amounts of traffic or public distros. its used for internal group emailing. Things like email to all users at one branch office, all clerical users company wide, all branch managers, all managers, etc.

We even have some groups nested to save time (managers sends a copy each to the regional mgrs list, branch managers list, dept managers list, etc.)

Can anyone suggest a list server with the same admin interface abilities/quirks of the Raq4? Heck, we'd even be happy reinstalling a raq4 on a BQ compatible platform if it were possible just to get the exact same behavior on a current hw platform.

So far all the interfaces I have seen require you to go into each individual list to look at the membership instead of looking at them as a whole and being able to eyeball them for inconsistencies.

If it can sit on a centos/BQ platform, perfect. If I have to use a specific web gui separate from the BQ, fine. Webmin is OK. Heck, even a *shudder* 2k3 box is acceptable.

This is important enough that it doesnt have to be Open/free it can be commercial, as long as we arent talking thousands. Heck, I am having such a hard time finding something that my boss (who not only approves the budget also is responsible for maintaining said list server and is the reason we are stuck on a R4) might approve no matter the cost.

Ideas? suggestions? are we SOL?