Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any nice webmail and office suite for webhosting?

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a nice Ajax webmail such as Gmail's for web hosting companies. I tried RoundCube but it's quite buggy (I reported the bugs to them). Also I'd like to know if there's an office suite such as Google Docs but for web hosts. This is because most companies don't want Google to host their office documents. I found some but they are all hosted (no source code available)
    Thanks,

There are a ton. Look at Zimbra to start.

SmarterMail
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

I don't know any suitable. Zimbra uses too many resources.

Why Zimbra to start?

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    SmarterMail
    I tried it. It's a disaster...Each time you click something it reloads the page. It's not a Javascript application. Furthermore, it costs $200.

Quote Originally Posted by calande View Post
    I tried it. It's a disaster...Each time you click something it reloads the page. It's not a Javascript application. Furthermore, it costs $200.
    Are you sure you were using SmarterMail 4? The only time the page reloads is when you change mailboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic View Post
    Are you sure you were using SmarterMail 4? The only time the page reloads is when you change mailboxes.
    I tried the demo here: http://www.smartertools.com/Products...Mail/Demo.aspx
    Whatever you click in the left pane, it reloads the whole page. Maybe it's a different/stripped down version from the one the offer

Smartermail 4.x rocks!
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

smertermail is very good.

try with uebimiau

Quote Originally Posted by spdfox View Post
    smertermail is very good.

try with uebimiau
    I used to have Uebimiau but it's not a Javascript application. Same problem as Smartermail, each time you click something, it reloads the page.

Smartermail is not AJAX?
    You may want to wait for Smartermail 5.0

yes.... Smartermail use ajax

I recommend zimbra as well....

Zimbra is bloated and doesn't work in Opera. Google Apps is better in this regard.

Zimbra is bloated and doesn't work in Opera. Google Apps is better in this regard.
    Google apps requires you to trust someone else with your data, zimbra does not. Opera holds what percentage of the browser market again, maybe %1? At any rate you can use standard html.

I trust Google (I can't imagine them manually looking at my data and using if for evil purpose). When you use Zimbra, you have to trust: Your system administrator and your web hosting company. And the fact that Gmail works in Opera is a plus for me. If Zimbra wanted, they could support the 2% of Opera users, it's just a matter of will power, Google and RoundCube did it, although they both have free products. Gmail's free of charge and it works better

Google's privacy policy does as little as it can for individual users.. I wouldn't dream of trusting them with company data.

"Google Inc.'s privacy practices are the worst among the Internet's top destinations, according to a watchdog group seeking to intensify the recent focus on how the online search leader handles personal information about its users." -: se article

I trust Google (I can't imagine them manually looking at my data and using if for evil purpose). When you use Zimbra, you have to trust: Your system administrator and your web hosting company. And the fact that Gmail works in Opera is a plus for me. If Zimbra wanted, they could support the 2% of Opera users, it's just a matter of will power, Google and RoundCube did it, although they both have free products. Gmail's free of charge and it works better
    ROFL, this is a web hosting forum, so obviously were looking for tools for our hosting companies and are not looking to recommend third parties to our customers.

Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

SmarterMail for webmail and SharePoint for document storage.

Yeah I second the Smartermail / Sharepoint suggestion. SM also has groupware which allows you to share folders, calendars and contacts etc. Sharepoint is an excellent online team collaboration tool which is largely overlooked.

All are good well clients machine is clean, today with too much of popup blocker and with IE's enhanced security that disables normal browsing and normal user's machine is loaded with tons of addons and plugins, Zimbra etc take time to load and one javascript load failure can result in complete failure.

Where else Horde is most simple and faster mail client we recommend as many other options failed for our users as they dont have good bandwidth.

Depending upon your bandwidth availability, client segment, you can decide, if you have corporate customers, then you should go with Zimbra otherwise Horde is best for plain vanila mail client.

Cost and support of Zimbra is another issue... if you can get that company to give you good support then its worth.
    - Akash Kava
    My Blog
    Web Atoms JS

Quote Originally Posted by Akash.Kava View Post
    Cost and support of Zimbra is another issue... if you can get that company to give you good support then its worth.
    What I dislike also about Zimbra is that it uses so much resources, and the Zimbra team made their application so complicated on purpose for you to need them (and to make money). I see it this way: If you don't want to share your code, this is fine, everybody needs to make money, so keep your software proprietary, there's nothing wrong about it. But if you want to make if opensource, play the game entirely, and make it as easy for people to use your software, make documentation concise, easily available, straight-forward. Otherwise it's disguised opensource and it's worse than closed-source IMO

SmarterMail works great. Haven't had any of the issues that you are referring to about the page reloading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast