Question Looking for a server...

At least 1GHz, with at least 256MB RAM. Transfer is not much of an issue, only 2-3GB/month needed.

For $100/month or less, $100 (or less) setup.

If you know of something that could meet this please email me at johnmillerjr@comcast.net. Thanks!!

If you only want 2/3 GB why don't you just get a reseller plan?

we simply don't use many images, but we have a lot of traffic and a lot of server usage.

But 2/3 GB a month transfer? I can't see how you would use that much resources...

the site is an online game site that uses a good amount of server resources, but doesn't use a lot of images. we have over 15,000 members and have simply outgrown shared hosting.

I know VenturesOnline is releasing their new Virtual Dedicated Servers soon, as in tomorrow I believe. You might want to check that out, or maybe their V650 plan would work for you. I suggest you do a search (with the SEARCH button) on whatever company you are interested in before going with them, it saves a lot of time And good luck!

http://www.fdcservers.net recently updated their site and added some more 100 Mbps lines. They seem to be pretty fast again.

They have plans starting at $69/month, although teh server isn't quite up to the specs you asked for.

FDC seems to have gotten a bad reputation from past experiences; I'm curious to see how it performs with the new bandwidth.