Client Exec vs. WHMCS

I have always been the fan of the Client Exec software and have loved using it. I would say its backend looks better then the WHMCS's but WHMCS's feautres have impressed me. I dont see anything WHMCS can do that Client Exec cant, if anything I think Client Exec has more features since its been around longer.

All in all I think I want to give WHMCS a shot and just want to hear from others on what they would choose and why they would choose one over the other.

I dont see anything WHMCS can do that Client Exec cant, if anything I think Client Exec has more features since its been around longer.
    Honestly, that's certainly not the case. There are many things WHMCS can do that ClientExec does not have built-in features for. At this point in time ClientExec's support system does not support departments, it does not have even a primitive affiliate system, and the list goes on.

That's not to say that ClientExec is bad, but I would say that WHMCS has more features and may be in some ways more well thought out implementations of the same features.

Well I am going to be using the kayako integration feature, anyone have any input on this or even better a live example of this?

I've had success with ClientExec and so I've decided to stick with them. Support has been great and that's a key feature for me. WHMCS support has been good the times that I've inquired about the product. I considered converting because WHMCS certainly does seem to have a few more features, but ClientExec looks better. The only real downside for me continues to be the templating system. I'm curious to see the improvements in 3.1. If CE can get their support system up to par, I think they'll give WHMCS a run for their money.

Well I am going to be using the kayako integration feature, anyone have any input on this or even better a live example of this?
    Be very, very careful there. The 'kayako integration feature' is currently CVS only and god only knows when kayako will determine it stable. WHMCS is ready for it, but kayako is not.

As far as what WHMCS can do that CE can't? I've got just one word for ya : modules
    Currently, I've tied client server information into WHMCS so clients can pull up, modify server info, a one stop shop for things, say server is down, or I need to get info. Of course, it's encrypted 3x before it even gets into the db, but that's not the point.

Currently, as well, monitoring is handled through WHMCS, and not THEIR monitoring but my own, something I've been working on for a few years. Finally able to tie that into a client area and administrate it. Talk about a huge plus.

Modules and integration into WHMCS just make things sooooo much easier.

Of course the smarty template setup, not a bad thing either. It's really not that hard to make things tie in to the main site with smarty.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

ClientExec has a much better interface but WHMCS is coded better. There are so many more features and it is much easier to navigate.

"There are so many more features"

which ones ?

"much easier to navigate"

for end users ? nope...

The nice thing about WHMCS is that it is much easier to customize the system to fit your company - far past simple integration.

What is the link to WHMCS? And does it only work with WHM?

www.whmcs.com

have a look at their features to see what panels it is currently compliant with.

I like clientexec!

WHMCS all the way! It's easy to customize and 100% integrate with your site, and this also means you can build extras into the support desk (like add live chat, links to msn, skype & etc, as well as traditional tickets).
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

SuperBytes all those feature will be in the new release of CE (some are already installed).
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!

The 2 major players these days is CE and WHMCS so you will always have a debate on which is better. (Ubersmith is there for the higher end providers)

The only thing I can say is that WHMCS has a feature list that is bet more impressive than CE and is easier to customize - not just the order form, but the entire client area can be customized to look NOTHING like WHMCS.

WHMCS also comes out with updates more frequently that ofter times have some very cool additions.

It will comes down to your personal preference. I have used both and will say that though both are fantastic at what they do, WHMCS just provided me with more of what I needed at the time.

Good luck with your choice. You won't go wrong with either one.

I am a CE user but comparing the 2 WHMCS is faster, and has more features, eg affiliate system inbuilt, and more modules and adding fast.
    CE's change to v3.01 meant a lot of old stuff ritten does not work like a lot of the reports - top 10 customers etc.
    cheers
    Ian

I tried WHMCS. Well, the trail worked fine, so I got the full version. Wouldn't work, they couldn't fix it. So I was stuck with something that wouldn't work, and they wouldn't give me a refund. Tried to dispute it with PayPal, they said "screw you". So I got ClientExec instead. Never really used it, since my experience with WHMCS made me back away.

Plus its zend or ioncube encoded, can't remember, I might have been able to fix it otherwise.

Sorry to hear that. I can't image anyone from whmcs saying 'screw you' to one of their clients.

Also, you are responsible to make sure that your server meets whmcs requirements.

It isn't a total loss though, you can sell whmcs.

Quote Originally Posted by w3dwebhost View Post
    Wouldn't work, they couldn't fix it.
    WHMCS works fine. If you got the trial version and it worked, then the 'regular' version would have worked. They're one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by w3dwebhost View Post
    Plus its zend or ioncube encoded, can't remember, I might have been able to fix it otherwise.
    with such amusing and inaccurate descriptions I don't think so.

WHMCS works. If it doesn't work, Matt will fix it. There are a number of individuals who have said this and will say it again. Matt is the most dedicated admin and programmer around. Just because it doesn't "work for you" doesn't mean it doesn't "work".
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

i used WHMCS. because it's cost 16 USD. low cost

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    WHMCS works fine. If you got the trial version and it worked, then the 'regular' version would have worked. They're one and the same.

with such amusing and inaccurate descriptions I don't think so.

WHMCS works. If it doesn't work, Matt will fix it. There are a number of individuals who have said this and will say it again. Matt is the most dedicated admin and programmer around. Just because it doesn't "work for you" doesn't mean it doesn't "work".
    I think if the WHMCS staff wasn't able to get it working, then there was certainly a legitimate reason for the software not working. I'm quite surprised WHMCS didn't issue a refund, however I'm not too surprised; Matt isn't the type to readily issue refunds.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Ok, Matt is great over at WHMCS. But Alberto is helpful also.

WHMCS is not a 1 man team anymore, but support is great at both companies.

Really, you can't go wrong with either. I have owned licenses with both companies.