5 29.41%
  • Clients: Yes

4 23.53%
  • Clients: No

3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Email clients?

Email clients?

Do you email your clients every here and there to make sure everything is where they want it?

I try to email the clients about two to three times a year to make sure everything is sufficient for them.

As a host, do you do this to follow up and make sure everything is status quo?

As a client, do you welcome it? Do you not want it?
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    As a client, do you welcome it? Do you not want it?
    I'd rather you spent your time making the service better or helping people in need... if I need you, I'll contact you.

Although, it would be nice/smart to send out a quarterly newsletter... in that newsletter you can ask people to provide suggestions... emailing each person is insane, unless you have like 30 people on your servers. Then I guess you have nothing but time... I think your time is better used someplace else....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I have a newsletter, that I email on all clients (and prospects) on file once a month.

The option Hosts: No under Clients: Yes should be Clients: No. I reported it yesterday for edit, but nothing yet.
    AS395558

An opt-in opt-out newsletter type thing is probably better, but the odd email here and there can't go a miss

It shows care. But some clients won't like it.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

We utilize a quarterly newsletter. Of course clients opt-in.

I'm going to have to go with a newsletter. Much more informative and "normal".

a year to make sure everything is sufficient for them.
    Not sure if they read it it or have time to answer it, but newslettes is sent (as rule for holidays) to say that we remember about them.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

I had to put 'Hosts: Yes' as we do email clients regarding any server wide upgrades / new features to the website and we make sure that there are full contact details for our clients to use to contact us if they have any problems or complaints.

Also I think our clients like to know about any offers we have on so they can use them...

Email seldom enough that clients don't become desensitized to your email, but often enough that you let them know you care. The exact frequency will vary from company to company.
    Michael G ★ Sharktech - DDOS Protected Servers ★ 20 years in business
    Bare Metal Dedicated Servers ★ Public and Private Cloud ★ Colocation ★ VPS ★ DDOS Protection ★ IP Transit
    Amsterdam ★ Chicago ★ Denver ★ Los Angeles

Since day 1, my business plan included a no customer nagging policy. Marketing types hate me for calling it that, but that's how I see it. Which to me is the constant marketing or unsolicited mailings that many companies do. It has a place. Newsletters that are not forced are good. We all don't have time for the information overload many of us have, and as most technical folks agree, we're swamped as it is.. I don't want to add more junk mail to my customers if I cannot deal with it myself. If they want something, they'll ask - just like someone earlier said. I think that's a great way to do business. May not be for some, but I think my clients appreciate that I don't bother them at all.
    Regards,

Dave
    Parcom Web Hosting

I'd say a newsletter they can opt out of is best incase they get annoied with it