Remember me? Well, my IPowerweb-hosted site is down AGAIN!

AGAIN! It's driving me freaking insane!

Jenna

Down from here also.
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

I can't stand it. I just can't! I don't know whether I should just switch before my year-long thing is up for renewal. I should NOT have payed a year in advance.

Jenna

If you ask they may give you a pro rata refund. It is always best to pay for services monthly as it allows you to walk at anytime

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Yeah, I mean, I know I can switch over to something else, but I doubt I'll get a refund on anything.

Jenna

Well, if they wont give you a refund, I guess it comes down to what is more important to you, the money you will loose or your website being available?

*smacks head on keyboard*

Sigh. I'm researching other hosts. Hah.

Jenna

Surely if they promise a certain uptime guarantee and it's not met... you are entitled to a refund or free services?

Originally posted by NSyncVillage
    Sigh. I'm researching other hosts. Hah.
    Good luck! This is certainly the right place to do it

Originally posted by MMD
    Surely if they promise a certain uptime guarantee and it's not met... you are entitled to a refund or free services?

Well, you'd think, but unfortunately that's not always how things work out.

Jenna

I though they are legally binded as soon as you agree to their terms and conditions, as is the client. So it turns from a moral battle into a legal one surely?

Well, some companies are weird about the refund thing. I've had a horrible time with IPowerWeb lately, and I plan to switch in the very near future. Their tech support is unreachable, which leads me to believe seeking a refund is a lost cause.

Jenna

A quick threatening email does quite alot to speed up slacking hosts regards refunds etc

IPowerWeb is a pain in a half to deal with. Every time I have to email support because they don't answer the phone, I tell them I spend every moment that my site is down researching other hosts. Hah.

Jenna

Hehe that's a nice approach

Unhappy So... sorry.... about all your trouble!

Jenna,
    I was so tempted to go with them... I liked that dynamic content thing.. but HECK.. if it isn't up half the time.. why bother??? Am sure glad you have kept us posted on this host's problems!!!!

I have book-marked your site and will check it closely for the next few days.. see how many times it's "nuttin" for me! I'll keep a record of time & such!!!

I am signing up tomorrow with a host I have researched quite a bit.. will get back at ya... a little later.. maybe I can recommend them.. as they were recommended to me

One never really knows... till we get there

OH... BTW
    I saw that "ipowerwebsucks.com" has been registered.. Geez.. why do you think that is???? I guess they will get hit with a lawsuit if they put it up on the net???

Nancy

Well this thread proves that ipowerweb have more than one server - One of my sites is hosted by them and I have it monitored. Uptime 100% most of the time 42 minutes longest downtime. No downtime this week.

I feel for you Jenna - I have never had reason to contact support yet but have had PMs from their Marketing guys asking me over for a drink. [probably because they know i'm in Oz]
    HOSTPac Web Solutions
    Solid reliable Hosting - Lowest priced Domains - cPanel Multiple Domain Hosting
    Now offering space on Australian based servers!
    Put the Big Koala on your team

Make a Move

Jenna,

iPowerWeb.com seems to be a very famous web hosting provider, and everywhere you go you can see they have their ads there.

Just wondered why they have that much of downtime!

Time to make a move then.

Have a nice day.

time to pack up u r websites and move on.... even good hosts go bad...forget big ones...the bigger they get the worst they get

Hi jenna,

i'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with ipowerweb. really sucks.

I'm just curious, how much did you pay for the whole year?

Also please check your PM

thanks

I payed...hmm. I think it was $7.95 per month, but I payed all at once. I believe that, at least at the time, they told you by the month, but in actuality it was payed all at once. They didn't pull anything over on me or anything, I knew I was paying all at once when I signed up.

Jenna

Re: Make a Move

Originally posted by Suzi
    Jenna,

iPowerWeb.com seems to be a very famous web hosting provider, and everywhere you go you can see they have their ads there.

Just wondered why they have that much of downtime!

Time to make a move then.

Have a nice day.
    yeah, they are famous but not for their hosting services but SPAM

Yeah, I get their spam too. Just started getting it a few months ago. I get it on my other email addresses.

Jenna

Spam? Damn, That's no good. What the heck do they say in their e-mails?

Jenna, - That isn't a good thing, if your site goes down, etc. Not good at all.
    Last edited by Chicken; 08-08-2002 at 09:31 PM.
    Kaumil P.

Sorry to hear about your problems with them. You site seems to be up. Nice design by the way.

Thank you, Dave.

Jenna

Last edited by clocker1996; 08-08-2002 at 10:02 PM.

Sorry to hear about your hosting problems.

With 60,000 customers and a $7.50 plan that offers a ton of bandwidth, what kind of service can they provide?

Mike

Apparently really crappy service, THAT's what kind.

Jenna

whatever you do, don't go with wisehosting.net
    uhhh...

Really????

They have 60,000 customers??? Damn I guess all those ads paid off, but maybe they should invest their ad money in their product...