Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Serverbeach yes or no?

Serverbeach yes or no? How is their support and also how fast do they respond/setup. What is their uptime guarentee etc. etc.

uptime is ok .

but no support
    respond time is 3~7 days .

From what I Hear support is slow...

and I've read posts where people say it's taken them 5+ hours to reboot a server..?

I have no personal experience though

I have personal experience with them. My advice is do not use them.

We negotiated a deal with them, made double sure that they could do what we wanted them to do, paid them the money, then we contacted them to get them to carry out what we had asked for (custom partitioning) they told us they couldn't do it. And that was after A WEEK of waiting for them to get back to us.

They were not courteous about their inability, just a flat out refusal and also refused to refund us based on their TOS. Well sure their TOS say no refunds, but they misled us.

SO in my experience they are not worth doing business with.

HELL NO! They sold us a server under false pretenses (assumably not knowing what they were talking about) and when we discovered that they were not able to meet the requirements that they knew they had to meet, they would not provide a refund.

Specifically, SB is going to be offering single server H-Sphere installations. But we decided we wanted to have the licensing option and all that comes with our own H-Sphere installation.

When looking at H-Sphere documentation it is quite evident that custom partitioning is required. They would not (could not, they said) provide custom partitioning because they were not required (again, referring back to H-Sphere documentation, they ARE required). We bought the server with them telling us that it would come prepped for H-Sphere. It did not and they would not follow through. After a measly few days (enough to look at what we had) and 1 toruble ticket (lasting a week with 3 replies total) they would not honor a refund stating company policy.

BAD business. BAD company.

Aaron

Oops.. well both the same experience but should illustrate how unprofessional they are...

They are nice people, great people to work with, although they do take FOREVER to respond!

I know them and have tried talking to them on AIM, ICQ, etc. and it just takes them forever to respond. As long as it takes them you'd think they are quite busy or just tuned into the television set more than they are willing to talk to you.

I believe they do have a guarantee uptime of 99.9% and they live up to that.

I suppose they would be a good host if you never needed to reboot your computer and never needed any support from them. But, then again, don't you need more support with a dedicated server? You'd think they'd wanna be there to support you a little more...
    Thanks,

Cline Communications, Corp.
    info@ClineCommunications.net

This is not true.

H-sphere does not require custom configurations. We've spoken to Psoft multiple times. Its just something that they recommend for disk usage managment - they just don't want to be blamed for overgrown log files. Its clear that these people never talked to Psoft on the phone like we have.

As far as custom configurations, we don't do it. Sorry. We never lied about it, and we stand by it. Something has got to give to provide no set up fees and consistantly low prices.

Refunds? Also clearly stated in our ToS that there are no refunds. It was never promised nor implied. In fact, we won't take your money until we've asked you if you've read it.

We are what we are. We're growing like weeds so some of our ticket response times have slipped. For that, we're sorry. BUT, WE'VE FIXED IT. Lately everything that can be resolved in 24hrs have been done in that time frame. Occasionally people submit tickets like IP requests that we just don't staff to do on weekends - so those won't be addressed until the following Monday.

As far as reboots, yes it takes some time occasionally. But most of those reboot requests we couldn't verify the person's identity - so better off not rebooting until we can verify. Security is just a reality - it would be worse to have people's boxes rebooted randomly.

Additionally, we're working on a Rapid Reboot(tm) service right now to fix the delays with rebooting -- its going to be totally awesome!

Also, someone was criticizing our "coming soon" statements. Lots of this stuff takes time, but I promise you that we have some amazing stuff up our sleeves showing up this fall - its amazing what can be done in 3 months. That's right, we've only been around 3 months. Don't we get some slack for being the new guys?

Regardless, we are making progress - we finally launched Ensim with NO setup fees! And that's been really popular.

Ciao from the Beach!

Originally posted by sandguy
    We are what we are. We're growing like weeds so some of our ticket response times have slipped. For that, we're sorry. BUT, WE'VE FIXED IT. Lately everything that can be resolved in 24hrs have been done in that time frame.
    I have noticed this too. Originally tickets were taking 2 or 3 days to get handled, now I am getting replies in 2 or 3 hours, much better.

Uptime has been great. For the price I am very happy with what I am getting.
    Web Hosting since 1999

Rapid Reboot(tm) LOL!

Might as well register a mark for "Slow Service" or perhaps "24 * 7 Support" 24 hours multiplied by 7 gives you the average time to close a ticket

serverbeach is not bad

but sandguy , let me add more ram please ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by hosticle
    Might as well register a mark for "Slow Service" or perhaps "24 * 7 Support" 24 hours multiplied by 7 gives you the average time to close a ticket [/B]
    Are you a customer of ServerBeach?

In the last 2 weeks I submitted 2 tickets. Both took 4+ days to get a response for. I don't have a massive thing against SB, I just won't be dealing with them again in the future
    ::: Jeremy C. Wright :::
    http://www.ensight.org

Yep! only for the short term.

Ok, first off let me say: I HAVE NEVER BEEN A CUSTOMER OF THEM.

I would suggest looking at: http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ht=serverbeach

We are and let me see - Server dies at 17:00 GMT on Saturday. We wait 10 mins to see if it has just rebooted it's self and when it doesn't come back up fire off a request for investigation to techincal support.

It is now 13:00 GMT the next day as despite a couple of follow up requests no response.

If it is a Hardware fault then SB have less than 4 hrs to fix it or it will cost them money....

SOME ONE TALK TO US PLEASE!!

BTW- What is the connection between SB and Rackspace as I was told by a Rackspace employee that there is a link.

I think (so I am probably wrong) that the SB guys used to work at RS and got hacked off with poor service or something so went off and set up their own professional service.

Pff

Abandoned RS D/C is the premises for SB

I think weirdbeard and hosticle are talking about two different RSes here...perhaps you should clarify

Well we are not on hour 26 and no server - and guess what no response either.....

I know you get what you pay for however this is outside there own SLA!!!

Not good - but at least they owe us $$$ now at $5 an hour....

You won't get ANY refunds from SB ever. Period.

I am a former customer of SB. Support was VERY slow, but they were very nice and friendly.

If you know what you're doing and don't need a lot of support, I suppose they're not too bad. I wish they offered more IP's though, however, that's probably a down-side to such low prices.

Well after a bit of detective work we tracked down the cell phone number for the duty guy and he rebooted the server which had hung with a kernel panic however an hour or 2 later while we were analyising the error it died again....

And the techie is not answering his phone now...

I normally use this phone number: (210) 225-4725

Courtesy of WhoIs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast