Final Site5 Review

Last Site5 Review

I’ve already moved 99% of my sites off of Site5 a long time ago. I left a few static sites for IP logistical reasons thinking since the site don’t do much, how much could go wrong and who knows they might become the hosting company they once where. I should of known better.

One of the sites is PHPNuke driven and I have not paid attention to it all. Well it got hacked. I accept responsibility since I didn’t update it. I'm OK with that.

I’m OK with them deactivating the account. Not a problem. I would do the same thing.

I’m not OK with them completely locking me out with no way to fix it even after I emailed them several times giving them the answer they were looking for. There support can take several days just to answer one email. Not good when your site is dead in the water.

When they finally emailed me back, I was told they would reactivate just as soon as I emailed them back so I could go in and clean it up.

Well, that was two day ago and they still have not given me access to fix it. Had this been an important site, the business would have been shut down since the idiots at Site5 can’t seem to pull their thumbs out of their a**** when it comes to customer support.

I’ve posted my dissatisfaction with them on here before but this is the final straw. I’m moving my last remaining sites.

I’ve already emailed them and told them to cancel it but of course have not heard back yet.

I wanted to post this final review just so that if you are thinking about using Site5, I would think twice about. In my opinion, they are about the worst hosting company there is.

thanks for this review, ill have to show this to some of my friends who seem to like site5 for some odd reason

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Patti View Post
    thanks for this review, ill have to show this to some of my friends who seem to like site5 for some odd reason
    Many people opt for these companies because of their offers which seem to attract initially but the end the same story repeats

I don't used to see much good reviews about them recently. seems like they are missing something.

Any way, best of luck with new host.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    I don't used to see much good reviews about them recently. seems like they are missing something.

Any way, best of luck with new host.
    Seems to me they are missing the most important part of a quality service, good customer support.

I wanted to post this final review just so that if you are thinking about using Site5, I would think twice about.
    There was a period of silence regarding them a while back. Lately they seem to be experiencing a rough patch. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's due to growth management. Better luck with your future host!

I once read a good review of them, about a year ago, but now and in the last month, they just seem to be slipping downhill all the time.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

They were really good about 3 or 4 years ago. One of the best out there. Then about 2 years ago they took a big nose dive. I ended up getting my own dedicated but left a few on their servers because of SEO IP reasons. Didn't want them in the same octect range as the others. Seems they are worse than ever now. They still have my glowing testimonial about them from years ago on their site even though I plainly tell people on my site not to use them.

I hate that my first post is going to be a negative one, but here goes...

I've been with Site5 for almost three years now. I was brand new to web hosting and they were recommended to me by a friend. What impressed me most about Site5 was their customer service. Responses to inquiries were quick, almost lightning fast. Support tickets were responded to, and usually resolved, within 15 minutes. I was blown away.

Then earlier this year there was a staff change. The founders of Site5 took on different roles and customer service seemed to be thrown in the closet. Prices of their plans dropped and I'm sure (as I have no hard facts) the number of customers increased tenfold. In return, servers started to get sluggish.

Then they announced that they were moving their servers (data) to The Planet. I thought this was going to be the start to something great but it only got worse.

For the past two weeks I have been researching hosts. As of right now HostGator has my attention. I've been very impressed with the live-chat conversations I've had with them and knowing that tech support is available via live-chat impresses me as well, even though I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet.

azimpact, I wish you nothing but the best with your new host and I hope Site5 improves for the rest of their customers.

Chimp

Sorry to hear about your experiences with them. Have they changed ownership recently as far as you know?
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM • Fantastico • RVSkin • Dual Quad Core Servers • Raid 10 • 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

It sounds as if they have changed ownership, but I don't recall it.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

It sounds as if they have changed ownership, but I don't recall it.
    There are confirmed changes regarding their management team. I don't know about ownership though.

They say that there has been no changes in ownership, just management. I'm sad to say that they would probably benefit from selling to someone with better customer service.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    There are confirmed changes regarding their management team. I don't know about ownership though.
    I can't believe the "wordsmith" would ever let his money maker go.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

It's always sad to see good hosts go bad. I left them in late 2006. They were just starting to massively oversell then. I had started noticing some downtime and slow responses. When I left I had 99.76% uptime, collected the $1 for their 99.9% uptime guarantee being failed. The process took 72 hours. 2 validations.

I had only had .03% downtime before they started "going bad". But this is your review.

Sorry about your experience.
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

Quote Originally Posted by dave-dave View Post
    It's always sad to see good hosts go bad. I left them in late 2006. They were just starting to massively oversell then. I had started noticing some downtime and slow responses. When I left I had 99.76% uptime, collected the $1 for their 99.9% uptime guarantee being failed. The process took 72 hours. 2 validations.

I had only had .03% downtime before they started "going bad". But this is your review.

Sorry about your experience.
    I'm considering switching to HostGator. I've seen they have recently started 'overselling' as well. What is the likelihood that the same thing is going to happen to them?

Quote Originally Posted by catfished View Post
    I can't believe the "wordsmith" would ever let his money maker go.
    Doing a little poking around it seems that 'wordsmith' was a member here. If this is correct, is 'wordsmith' Brent?

And why are there no posts showing up with his username when I do a search?

that sounds really bad, no care for ther own clients

thats just ****

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
    Doing a little poking around it seems that 'wordsmith' was a member here. If this is correct, is 'wordsmith' Brent?

And why are there no posts showing up with his username when I do a search?
    Hi Chimpie,

I might have the wrong nickname for him. He is or was the CEO of Site5 and his username here is/was Site5Matt but because he has such a way with words I thought I remembered him being referred to as "wordsmith" or something like that.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Quote Originally Posted by catfished View Post
    Hi Chimpie,

I might have the wrong nickname for him. He is or was the CEO of Site5 and his username here is/was Site5Matt but because he has such a way with words I thought I remembered him being referred to as "wordsmith" or something like that.
    Yeah, I recall that as well.

site5 use to be really good their first couple of years. sounds like ownership was changed

Matt's WHT title used to be "wordsmith extraordinaire"

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
    I'm considering switching to HostGator. I've seen they have recently started 'overselling' as well. What is the likelihood that the same thing is going to happen to them?
    They seem to be one of the few "oversellers" who appear to take care of their customers. From what I have seen from reviews around WHT and the general consensus is yes they aren't perfect but they DO try to make things right and many are very happy with them.