Thread: Usage reports

Usage reports

"Usage report has not yet been generated. Reports are generated nightly for each site if activity has been logged."

But, but....

The files seem to have be touched by something in cron.daily but none of the sites on the machine have usage reports generated.

Any ideas?

Here is just a thought. The last time I had this was when the site has no traffic. Check the raw logs to see if there is anything there for the current month.

If not, you might want to try installing Webalizer which seems to work better than the stats package installed on the Raq
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I am not familiar with Raq setups. However on our Linux machines we will be ditching Webalizer out of our current control panel when we unveil a new skin which will be using a far more reliable stats program within the next few days

We have noticed over the last couple of months Webalizer is either not accurate or unreliable.

Chris,

Yup, I understand your concern with Webalizer. I do have problems with it on shared hosts running Cpanel. It seems that Webalizer from the Cpanel does not generate when the server reaches heavy utilization. But it works nicely when installed from outside cpanel and run indepedently.

On the Raq, Webalizer is a world better than the installed Raq Stats which does not quite provide as much information.

However, I would like to have a stats which shows referrer and to which files they are referred to.

Edwin
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Originally posted by rochen

We have noticed over the last couple of months Webalizer is either not accurate or unreliable.
    well let's just say that webalizer is only about 90% on the mark. the great advantage of webalizer is that it covers a huge log file in almost no time.

personally I like analog. but the dam thing is slow at all levels, and it could easily take the entire cpu without batting an eye.

just my 2 cents

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

We are going to be changing to AWstats within the next few minutes: http://awstats.sourceforge.net

Originally posted by rochen
    We are going to be changing to AWstats within the next few minutes: http://awstats.sourceforge.net
    hey Chris, have not chatted with you in a while. Hope everything si fine on your end.

small piece of advice, if you got the spare cpu i/o run it 2 to 12 times a day, well worth the smaller bog time than the huge bog time at the end of the day

remmember that AWstats ( one of the best free packages ) is also only good for about 6000 lines of log files per second, so the timing of the start of the activity is highly important.

look at your mrtg graph and corrilate the right times to have it run, this way the users don't have the hinderance of a busy cpu

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.