58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fastservers.net

35 60.34%
  • Nocster.net

13 22.41%
  • don't even think about it

10 17.24%

Question Fastservers.net or Nocster.net

I'm currently looking to get a dedicated server for a client. I came down to these two companies nocster and fastservers. I did do my homework I did a search here and saw good and bad comments about both of these companies. So what I will like to read is comments from current clients and ex clients and please tell me the pros and cons of each provider this will help me and other readers figure out who to choose.

what I know about fastservers:

198.00 Setup
    semi managed service
    Quality Bandwith provider
    So far good customer service

What I know about Nocster:

Respectable company behind the nocster project
    299.00 Setup
    MANAGED service
    Good bandwith provider (cogent + Sprint)
    Good customer service

If I'm wrong feel free to correct. I will highly apreciate it if you guys can help me out with this.

Thanks

Ds3Tech

Re: Fastservers.net or Nocster.net

Originally posted by DS3tech
    Respectable company behind the nocster project
    299.00 Setup
    MANAGED service
    Good bandwith provider (cogent + Sprint)
    Good customer service
    Thanks I needed a good laugh today

Fastservers does not take orders for the moment. so if you are in a hurry, your choice is already made...
    I sell nothing, I only buy

Nocster has given me nothing but problems. From 48 hour setup with a 24-hour guarantee to 1.5 day DoS downtime to router reboots in the middle of the day to kernel screwups, their uptime this month has been right around 90%. Also, the WORST part is the billing. They overbilled our account $100 in the last cycle while I was on a road trip. My car broke down and I had to pay repairs NOT KNOW they had overcharged me. LUCKILY after the repairs there was still $20 in my account, but I was NOT happy to find that my balance had dropped below $100 and I was charged a $12 fee this month for that. I notified them last week before continuing my road trip, and when I returned home they STILL hadn't credited my card with the money. I told them yesterday that they had until today to send me an email explaining their side of the situation and how they were going to fix it, and it's now 7pm. Now I guess it will be the job of the BBB and the courts because I am likely going to sue them and have them charged with consumer fraud. The people at burstnet gave me the run around when I called them and their billing department was CLOSED from 2-3pm on the TUESDAY before I left. Those are the hours they almost certainly SHOULD be open. Alright, venting is done. Basically, don't use BurstNet, they are unreliable and smalltime and they will hustle you so fast it will make your head spin.

Go with fastservers, i've heard lots of good things about them and I have nothing good to say about BurstNet.

Originally posted by alain
    Fastservers does not take orders for the moment. so if you are in a hurry, your choice is already made...

A few days to calm down, nothing more, nothing less.
    We'll be back with a vengeance, no worries. We need to lay some additional groundwork here to assure stability and quality service as we grow.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    Best of luck to everyone in the interim.
    http://www.fastservers.net
    travis@fastservers.net

viperzpit -- I was wondering the same thing as DS3Tech. Perhaps Nocster will get their acts together, but I don't think they can expect my $99/month.

Just the threat of legal action seems to get you a fast response. I'm sure someone will jump all over you for making a huge deal out of things, but horrible service almost seems the norm nowadays -- maybe if you take legal action, people will start to realize that running a large webhosting company isn't a game, and get their acts together. Whether or not you sue them remains to be seen, but you should really send them mail (or call them) threatening legal action.

Originally posted by isildur

We'll be back with a vengeance, no worries. We need to lay some additional groundwork here to assure stability and quality service as we grow.

Not to nag, but you should fix the typo on your 'no more orders' page. It's = it is, not the possessive form of it.

Thank you very much-

have a great night.
    http://www.fastservers.net
    travis@fastservers.net

<< viperzpit >>

This guy is the next Tom Clancy.....
    Fiction seems to be a large talent for this "gentleman"...

1.5 days of downtime? yeah...right...
    90% uptime the entire month...that would equal about 4 days of downtime...

Get a clue...an obvious troll...2 posts to his name...

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Originally posted by viperzpit
    Nocster has given me nothing but problems. From 48 hour setup with a 24-hour guarantee to 1.5 day DoS downtime to router reboots in the middle of the day to kernel screwups, their uptime this month has been right around 90%.
    Sounds like someone dislikes you, or you are lying. If someone DoSes your box, it's not their fault... as for 'router reboots' I've yet to notice more than 5 minutes of downtime and it's not excessive.

Originally posted by BurstNET
    << viperzpit >>

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    I'm going to quote sean here so he can't edit his above comments out....

We may need them later

BTW: Sean, meet one of the other co-owners of my server...

Think I have enough posts to my name????????

For your information, 90% uptime in a month would be 3 days of downtime. And during your denial of service problems, the server was on and off for us for about a day and a half. Now if you count the server being on for 5 minutes every half hour for an entire night and morning as 'up' then it wasn't 'down' was it, but I don't see that as up at all.

Then there were the setup delays, the kernel issues, and your people's lack of response. I expected a response by today, and I got nothing. This is a case for the BBB with whom you ALREADY have a poor reputation for NOT RESPONDING to complaints. I'm ready to seek their assistance in a consumer fraud complaint in the overcharge.

Oh, and by the way, I have been lurking here since march, I just don't post. I leave that up to one of the other co-owners who you probably know and who has over 1300 posts, heya Pro hows it going. Thanks for the responses, you finally said something ALMOST worth a good laugh. FYI it wasnt OUR box that was attacked, it was THEIR WHOLE CONNECTION.
    Last edited by viperzpit; 08-07-2002 at 11:42 PM.
    Consultant/Senior Network Administrator
    Co-Owner NixHost.net

Originally posted by isildur

Please post a message here once you are ready to accept new orders again.

Fastservers.net all the way!

I am completely satisfied with my experience with Nocster. I realize some have had problems, but there are many of us that have not. I have no problems recommending Nocster for your managed server needs. I have no experience with fastservers.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I have been on several servers hosted at burst.net and never had a good service , never uptimes more than 99-99.5%.

I will never purchase a service from them, never will suggest them to anyone.

Do a search about burst.net and the person and you will find why. We have a lot of long threads about burst here.

Mac

FastServers.net are the best!

Fastservers - don't apologize for taking the time to do things right!

I chose fastservers and have been impressed by both speed and customer support. Top notch!

Originally posted by BurstNET
    << viperzpit >>

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    Heh, way to talk to your clients man AND create a professional image... top work

We're just setting up with fastservers, will let you know our experience with them!

For fastservers, and I quote
    Originally posted by no1v2
    I just got a fastservers.net box, and its been pretty good. The only problem was that they originally installed WHM/Cpanel (free license I guess). I might have liked that in other circumstances, but I don't plan on doing any webhosting on the box and I need the resources WHM uses, so I told them about the mixup and they did a plain RedHat 7.3 install.

So far its been great, especially the speed! I was wget'ing an app when I thought to myself: "I remember the download being bigger than that..." It wasn't that the size of the file shrunk, it was that my box got it at 8.68 megabytes/second Great speed, especially for the price.
    I've never had my own box at Burst.NET/Nocster, but I once had a Cpanel account w/ shell access on one. I don't recall any downtime, and the speed was good.