Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHMCS 3.5 released

We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS V3.5.0. We've been hard at work on V3.5 for the past few months and wanted to give all of you a great Christmas suprise with its release! This new version has lots of new features including a full shopping cart ordering system, multiple contacts support for clients, bar & pie chart reports, account prefunding and full Kayako integration should you wish to replace the WHMCS built in system with it. There are also new modules for CentovaCast, ProtX VSP Form Gateway & CCAvenue.
    Wonder how the shopping cart function is like compare to MB/WHMAP

Interesting that you can now integrate kayako with WHMCS.

What you guys think?

Shopping Cart Ordering System

The all new shopping cart system has had a lot of time spent on its planning and development to ensure it is as feature rich and yet straight forward for the user as possible. I believe that because of that time spent, it will be the best cart system for a web host available today – let’s see if you agree too!

As you would expect, it allows for multiple products, addons and domains to be ordered in a single order and be paid for in a single transaction. For those ordering just a single package with a domain the user won’t notice much difference compared with the current single product only order form as the user is guided through adding a product in the same way, but for those wanting to order more, the options are right there for them. The system will also highlight to the user if a domain doesn’t have hosting, and provide a link to add hosting to it. It also provides a new and easier way for an existing client to order addons for their existing packages which should help to increase sales.

Each item can be configured and then added to the cart, and items can then have their configuration changed or be removed and shopping can then be continued. The cart also features a new streamlined checkout system which makes it clearer to the user what they are ordering, what they are going to pay for it and when they are submitting the order. Along with the new contacts feature, it will also be possible for the user to specify WHOIS details for the domains in the order that are different to their main account details and thus allow ordering of domains for others (reselling).

The legacy single product order form will also remain for those that don’t want to change to the new cart system.

Clients Contacts Feature

The clients’ contacts feature allows for multiple email addresses per client and the configuration of what type of emails they receive. Clients can manage contacts from the client area adding an unlimited number of additional contacts to receive emails and setting one contact as the default contact for billing. Emails sent will then be sent to the main account email and CC’d to any applicable contacts. The billing contact is used for the invoices payee details and submitted with any credit card payment attempts to merchant gateways. And the support ticket email piping system will also allow tickets to be opened under the clients account if received from any email belonging to one of the contacts under a client in your WHMCS system.

Statistical Bar & Pie Charts (Graphs)

V3.5 of WHMCS will also see improvements to the reporting modules area of WHMCS with support for bar graphs and pie charts. Included initially will be pie charts showing a summary of service & domain statuses and bar charts showing monthly signups, monthly income and the value of aging invoices. These can be expanded over time and with the simple modular system that's been used it will be easy to create your own like you can currently with the tabular reports.

Per Support Department Public/Registered Setting

Added due to popular demand, instead of the previous global setting for clients only or public access to the ticketing system, you will now be able to set on a per department basis whether that department is restricted to just registered clients (and contacts) or open to everyone. It will be especially useful to differentiate between the Presales and Support departments in your company.

Account Pre-funding

The account pre-funding of credit allows your customers to add credit to their account in advance of payments being due ready to be automatically applied to invoices as they are generated. The idea of this is for situations where the client would otherwise be unable to pay, for example if they are going on holiday during the time when a payment will be due and so by adding credit can take care of it before they go. You can set a minimum and maximum deposit amount and then clients can add funds up to that limit without any manual intervention from you.

Disable Domain Register/Transfer Options

There have been many requests for this feature and so in 3.5 it will make an appearance! By setting the price of either registration or transfer of a TLD to -1 you will be able to prevent registration or transfer requests for that TLD being ordered.

Announcements Listing Improvements

Announcements will now be listed on the announcements page with a 150 character summary and then clicking the announcement title will take the user to view the full announcement. The RSS feed will therefore now be able to link to the actual announcement rather than just the announcements page.

Kayako Integration

For those who require the advanced support features the Kayako system offers, it will now be possible to have Kayako replace the WHMCS support features in the WHMCS client area by simply enabling the Kayako integration.

And there’s more..!

As if all that wasn't enough! There's all the usual bug fixes and improvements to existing features.

Obviously it's a massive new release and something of a milestone for WHMCS with the new shopping cart and multiple client contacts features but I've done my best to keep template changes down to a minimum. I believe there will only be around 5 existing templates that will need to be updated during the upgrade and then there will also be a number of entirely new templates for the new features.

I hope you will find this new release as exciting as I do! And may I take this opportunity to send you the compliments of the season.
    Last edited by RestoreMax; 12-11-2007 at 05:49 PM.
    RestoreMax - The benchmark of PC Remote Backup Software for web hosts
    RestoreMax Standard Edition [Available Now]
    Distributor License launching in 4 weeks!

Thanks i am going to upgrade my copy asap

Adding to that Post Can Any one tell me how to upgrade my version

Shopping cart is a very nice tool, from looking at our installation. I don't know if I will use it or not right now, but it is nice.

Edit: Yeah, we're going to use it!
    Last edited by VN-Ken; 12-11-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

**Runs To Upgrade** Thanks for this ill let you know how it goes
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

How do i upgrade my version Please Some One Help

I'll let you guys upgrade first. I'll be sure to upgrade once I know for sure there are no issues with it.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

I have Upgraded But i don't know if its a error i got or its actually updating

Have a look http://blackwidowhost.com/whmcs

Quote Originally Posted by geordiemax View Post
    How do i upgrade my version Please Some One Help
    Matt provides a README file that explains how to do it. Login to the Client Area, download the software and you should see the README file within the parent folder.

EDIT: You beat me... just open a ticket with WHMCS.. he will be more than happy to help you out I'm sure.

can you post your url when you uploaded it

I just upgraded mine and I am not sure whether to use the shopping cart or the regular order form.

I upgraded in 10 seconds flat. Besides time uploading the files.

Just upload the files overwriting everything, go to your WHMCS admin directory and it should redirect you to the upgrade page. Accept the terms, continue until it says upgrade complete, and delete the install directory.

Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I'll let you guys upgrade first. I'll be sure to upgrade once I know for sure there are no issues with it.
    Amen to that. I trust WHMCS more than most products these days...but I still let others test the early releases.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

We installed the new version without hassle, but for the life of me I can't figure out where this new shopping card is located. How do we turn it on? How do we even see it?

Cody,

Thank you. Now how do I go about enabling it as the default order form?

it should already be the default one

To view the shopping cart, just go to product/services, click on the product or service (where you would configure the product/service) and right above the order link for the original ordering checkout system, you will see the link for the shopping cart version.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleoak View Post
    Cody,

Thank you. Now how do I go about enabling it as the default order form?
    When you upgraded, it didn't overwrite the template. So you need to edit the Order link in the template from order.php to cart.php

Perfect. Grazie!

Any one manage to get the Kayako integration working?

Wow the shopping cart layout is really clean and professional. Im pleased so far
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

I don't use WHMCS but I just tested the shopping cart on the littleoak.net website and wow... impressive stuff! Very clean.

I fail to see the difference between the new cart vs old
    RestoreMax - The benchmark of PC Remote Backup Software for web hosts
    RestoreMax Standard Edition [Available Now]
    Distributor License launching in 4 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by RestoreMax View Post
    I fail to see the difference between the new cart vs old
    You mean the old order system?

It doesn't really matter to me which they use, for hosting I would rather streamline the process, less loop holes to jump through.

I guess with the cart, it allows them to order multiple hosting accounts which I have only had 1 customer ask for, so I don't know if it is a necessity for us at this point.

Its really just a re-organization of inputing data (at least for the VDS/Dedicated area; havn't tested it for shared/reseller) and also the ability to make many products/services in one checkout versus going back into the system to create another order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast