TFlux on Mediatemple GS?

Hi,

Some hosts don't support python, some disable shell_exec etc, some have mod_security enabled (hostgator) etc..

Has anyone been able to run TFlux on MediaTemple Grid server? I'm looking to use them if they don't have any issues with it.

Thanks.
    When everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough — Mario Andretti, Racer

Never heard of TFlux, but if their website is tflux.com, it's suspended for failure to pay their bill, which means I wouldn't go with them anyways as they're just a reseller.

MediaTemple's GS plan is pretty decent, I just can't get over their control panel and the shared MySQL server (though you can buy a local one). I'm also not used to the flavor of Linux they use for SSH, so a lot of the commands I'm familiar with don't work there and there's some restricted things I use that aren't on there either.

If you're looking for that much customization though, why even look at shared? Seems to me like you need to be able to control how your server/environment is configured, might want to look at a VPS or more deidcated solution.

And if a price is a concern, I'm sure you can find some hosts that don't have the restrictions you mentioned and support Python, I can think of a couple that do and one that I use right now.

I meant, torrent_flux_com (remove underscores). :-)
    When everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough — Mario Andretti, Racer

Most webhosts don't allow hosting for torrent clients. Not sure if MT allows it, but make sure you ask them before you use their service.

For that purpose I recommend you use a VPS or a low end dedicated server.

Right, but that would go in 20-50 price range, right?

Quote Originally Posted by openXS View Post
    Right, but that would go in 20-50 price range, right?
    Correct. Also are you going to download 100% legal things?

You wont find any shared host that will allow you to run TorrentFlux.

I used it for a short while as a seedbox (for legal content) and the load was regularly very high. Torrentflux was the only thing running on the server and consumed 99% CPU most of the time.