hostrocket.com info needed

I've now sent 2 emails to their sales department ([email protected]) and have not recieved a reply to either of them. One was sent on the 31/07 and the other on the 06/08.

I was just wondering if anyone else has found they are unwilling to provide information to potential customers?

Question Hmmm!

Try sending HRBrendan a PM

Re: hostrocket.com info needed

Originally posted by MMD
    I've now sent 2 emails to their sales department ([email protected]) and have not recieved a reply to either of them. One was sent on the 31/07 and the other on the 06/08.

I was just wondering if anyone else has found they are unwilling to provide information to potential customers?
    I think that's a pretty good sign to try somewhere else.

I agree with Paul.
    Now please save me some typing and do a search on HostRocket.
    That should tell you all you need to know.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

I have been a hostrocket customer for sometime. I have noticed that their sales is rather slow, however technical support is swift. I would prefer a company that worries less about new signups, than taking care of their current customers.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Indeed, but it doesn't give the new customers much encouragement to sign up to large plans if they can't answer a simple single line question.

(cough) search (cough)
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

yes yes yes, search is great, but searching for week/month/year old posts is useless. You need to know the latest information as possible to make up your mind wether to persue a venture which is money from your own pocket. So cut it with the "SEARCH GOD DAMN IT" replies. Thanks.

HostRocket support always seems to be a problem. Whether your a client or a potential customer. This is why I would never sign on with them. Setup fees are another story, I mean thread.

Originally posted by MMD
    yes yes yes, search is great, but searching for week/month/year old posts is useless. You need to know the latest information as possible to make up your mind wether to persue a venture which is money from your own pocket. So cut it with the "SEARCH GOD DAMN IT" replies. Thanks.
    It is apparent you have no respect for advice. You are also wrong about your post. Something that is a week or month old WILL help you. Do you think a host with a bad or good record is going to change within a few days? Even 1 month?

Did you ever think people are sick of the same stupid questions that can be answered by doing a search? Did you ever think that some people come around here enough to know that some host threads turn into marathons and they really do not wish to retrace steps over and over again?

I don't want to turn this into an argument, but don't you think you would want the most CURRENT information regards a host that you would be paying thousands of your hard earned $'s too?

Also for your information, before I even posted this thread I did search for them but didn't find anything relevant.

Its good to look at both past and present information when shopping for a host so you know that not only if are they are performing well now, but that they have a decent track record and are not some fly by night operation that is going to have its servers reposessed or something a week after you sign up.

-Brendan

Well, I have two accounts with Hostrocket, and cannot wait until my prepaid year is over. Long story short, shutting down/suspending is an issue. So basicaly, I just stuck a couple mostly static pages up there. Support was very inflexible when I contacted them when my site was suspnded for server abuse. I tried to explain that I could fix the script that was the problem, but was instead told to remove it, and never run it on the server again.

I ended up getting a dedicated server (from a different company). Oddly enough, I run over 20 instances of that exact same script, and the server load is 0.03 0.06 0.07 And hardly any cpu use.

So, think carefully if you want to go to Hostrocket. Uptime was good, but interaction with support was poor. That, and a lousy refund policy.

Oh well, live and learn.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I signed up to Hostrocket, been a customer for about a month now....gonna switch to new provider...
    their SUPPORT SUCKS THE BIG ONE...and their so called "3rd level support" well, let me tell ya...wait not going to too much of a long story....
    consider this:

how would you like it if you had a HIGH priorty case THAT you paid $3bucks for and NO RESPONSE for 5 FRIGGIN DAYS!!!

my whole CGI-BIN folder had been locked, one day around 1130 in the morning..but when i log in all the permsions are set correctly...check the error logs and keep seeing unable to write messages...so i know for a fact i know i haven't done anything!
    and please do not respond with stuff like: check permissions, and make sure its not in binary mode...i am better than that...

so there so called level 3 support was able to correct one of my apps in the cgi bin but did not correct the other...and he did not mention what he has done to correct it...now 2 days later they don't even respond with any ack or any further followup

now 5 day outage is a bit extreme dontcha think?!!
    some of you might side on hostrocket's support, thats fine, its your perogotive....but that whole line that says: 24/7 support avail is a crock of bull its more like from 11am to 4pm each day

so long story short don't go to hostrocket...their support sucks, turnaround time sucks and customer service is way below par!!

don't listen to anyone that says hostrocket is great cause they are not...slow servers, slow email, and through in some downtime...whatcha got? --HOSTROCKET !!!

The most important thing about reading posts about a host over time is to see if they maintain a trend of positive or negative feedback and for the same reasons. In reading more current customer’s complaints about Hostrocket, I see the same issues that were a part of the company when folks were complaining a year ago and longer. I have to giggle about that for sure!!!! All this should be a warning . . .

Where's kylecool at? He's got some stories for ya, cuz you're not cool unless you are KyleCool

I remember Kyle . . . he is cool! <G>

One of my favorite anti-Hostrocket sites is still there:

http://www.hostrocketsucks.com

Hey, my own story was great fun as well . . . search for me here and see . . . from downtime, no support, censored from forums credit cards being erroneously charged and more, more, more . . . oh, it was a funny ride when I look back now . . . but it was not funny at all then . . . it won’t be funny for anyone in that boat now either . . . warning, warning . . .