Is It Just Me Or Is...

The whole of WHT crawling at a snails pace, I dont think its the Fault of RackShack (EV1) but more a problem of their Time Warner internet links.

I have done dome traceroutes and it looks like anything travelling across the time warner internet backbone is simply carling and loosing 40-50% in packet loss.

Yet i have connected to WHT through a proxy which does not use the TW link, but intead uses the verio link and everything is to perfection.

Just wondering if anyone else comes to the same conclusion that the Time Warner network sucks badly at the moment ??
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

well it is aohell. theyre dumping traffic of adtn ? seems fine in the uk tho.
    --
    Rich

I am in the UK, lol, using Demon Internet broadband

as soon as it leaves the demon network and hits time warner its like your packets are being thrown overboard and being asked to swim for it with 50% of them drowning !!

Arrow WHT Speed

Seems very good from Missouri

I dont think its the actual location you are from, i think its more to do with what network you are actually going through.

as I said, my ISP is perfect, the EV1 (Rackshack) network is operating perfectly

but the bit in the middle going through Time Warner is acting like a pile of *ahem bad language*

I just did a tracert and I'm not getting any packet loss, but the Time Warner lines are slower.

My ping almost doubles of what it was before when I reach the Time Warner backbone. I also noticed my ping jumps even higher at the dist-02-ge-2-3-0-0.ausu.twtelecom.net loop.

That didn't make much sense? Yeah I just got up... kinda groggy

no problems here

I am in the UK and since the move to the EV1 facility the speed has only improved for me
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Must be TimeWarner... my connection goes over WCG, and it's fine.

It runs perfectly here from Sydney Australia.

Goes through Primus (my ISP) through their network to Los Angeles, then to PSI, then to Cogent, and then EV1.

Which is strange, because a traceroute to my site at Rackshack goes through Primus through Los Angeles, to Atlanta, onto a router called "mae-east.alpha.mae.net" and then through Verio to the site.

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net