Thread: Plesk Redirect

Plesk Redirect

Hi

Please redirect my question if I've asked in the wrong place.

How do I sent up a redirect of a parked domain. Currently it is forwarded to a page that states that the b.com has a new domain name, blah blah.

Thanks,
    eNCe

Not quite clear about the question, but let me make a couple of assumptions

1. You set up a domain, uploaded your files and you still see the plesk default page?

If so, then you need to specify a startup page in Plesk panel or overwrite the default page to redirect to your website startup page.

2. You want the domain to redirect to another domain?

If so you need to overwrite the default page to redirect to your new domain startup page.

It can be done by putting the following command into an html file:
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://url.com/page.html">

where url.com/page.html is the URL to redirect to. Let me know if this helps.

Hi holmesa

Sorry, to clarify oldsite.com is parked. I don't want to unpark the old domain. It is currently pointing to the newdomain.ca. Its been like this for two years. I have many links and none of them have changed to the newdomain.

A meta redirect is not search engine friendly and kinda spammy. Probably best for moved pages and the like.

I am not that familiar with Plesk. Would I be able to use theoldsite.com as a subdomain on the newdomain.ca? If so that would be unparking it and I could create a .htaccess file for a 301 error file. No?

Thanks,
    eNCe

No you cannot make it subdomain. You can make it alias.
    HTML redirect are not so good for search engines but it is better then nothing. Do not worry about search engines, they will find you other website anyway. The idea to have users find the website pretty easy.

Thanks very much for your reply.

I just wondered if there was a way to get everyone to update their links in directories and pages.

Thanks again,
    eNCe