Splash Image Contest

I need a splash image for http://studycorner.net. The image will be on a page by itself, where users can click and then it will take them to the site. Here is the site: http://studycorner.ath.cx:808/index.php. I really appreciate all the tallented work all the designers here have done. Show em what you got! Let the games begin :)

Is there a certain theme you want for the splash?

what does the designer recieve for the work? money?

What I envisioned for the splash was some kids sitting around a table with books open on the table. They're talking and laughing, and there's an empty seat with a caption that says "we saved this seat for you".

What kind of pay is there for this?

just my opinion but a website such as a yours should have more emphasis on functionality rather than image. Splash images are great for portfolios or artsy websites, but for websites detailing information, it is a pain. Every single time somebody wants to access information on your website, they have to click past the splash, which wastes several seconds. You don't see amazon.com or sparknotes.com with splash entrances.

So.. that's that. Have a nice day.

yup any money involved?
    Read the posts people, no more blanket answers.

I dont think you'll get paid.
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

Bah all you people are so involved with MUNEY! ;-) I have no money, therefore I have even less to give away. I agree with you m3trans1t, but I still need a few small graphics done. Really simple ones, if anyone's interested in helping out, please let me know. I have an incredibly small budget. I've been coding this since January and am just finishing up, and I'm all alone =( Thanks for any help!

Your name says it all Bozo

You won't get any of the GOOD designers working for nothing.

actually, you can offer something besides money. advertising. i just made a header for a site in exchange for being affiliated.

What I envisioned for the splash was some kids sitting around a table with books open on the table. They're talking and laughing, and there's an empty seat with a caption that says "there is no such thing as a free meal".

roflmao, just got that sorry

RK ****...

Ain't starting anything with you, but I remember you from freewebspace.net... remember, you ripped off my website forms and other stuff...

I just wanted to mention that yes, some people do tend to be nice to others... I know most of you greedy designers just want cash cash cash, but some of us do give away work for free and do offer help to people in need. Stop giving us a bad name...

Mekhu

Originally posted by Mekhu
    RK ****...

Ain't starting anything with you, but I remember you from freewebspace.net... remember, you ripped off my website forms and other stuff...
    Hey, that was almost a year ago ( ) and they were only forms...

ADD: Hey, I've donated to small projects just starting out, so I'm not that greedy
    Last edited by old web designer; 08-07-2002 at 04:05 PM.

If being compensated for one's time and work is equal to being greedy, then I'd rather be Scrooge than a little free-riding whiner.

MONEY IS GOOD!!!

Not saying that we don't need money. Just saying, no need to fill a guys post with jokes and criticism just because he can't afford to pay a designer.

I think it was his nick that made it all sound funny

Well I'm going to have a 468x60 banner at the top of the page, I have no problem giving out advertising in exchange for help!
    Last edited by BoZo; 08-09-2002 at 08:21 PM.