Question Transfer from enom to godaddy

Hi,

I have not used enom before, but there is a domain there, that I need to transfer to godaddy. I have the password for their access.enom.com panel, but how do I get the authorization code? If I enter the password in godaddy auth code field it says the code is invalid. Do I need to contact enom for the auth code or is it possible to get that automatically somehow?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I have not used enom before.

They/you will need to contact the company it was registered through and request the code. If you were given "access.enom.com", that means it was a person with a reseller account at Enom and not Enom directly that registered it. Access is limited through that interface.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Ok, so basically I cannot get this info through access.enom.com? That thing allows me to only change name servers.

Thanks for the info.

Correct. You can't get the auth code or unlock the domain via access.enom.com. You'll have to contact the reseller for that info.
    Signature Under Construction.

Thanks for the answers. They provided me with the code, now godaddy is waiting for transfer acceptance at the current registrar. Now I would assume this can be done through access.enom.com? If you know their panel could you point me where I can find this option.

If you have not already received the transfer email, you should receive it soon

Quote Originally Posted by torqhost View Post
    Thanks for the answers. They provided me with the code, now godaddy is waiting for transfer acceptance at the current registrar. Now I would assume this can be done through access.enom.com? If you know their panel could you point me where I can find this option.
    This is done from this point through email. If the domain was unlocked first, you wil get an email or two (sent to the registrant email, as well as admin in most cases) asking if it's ok to proceed. Agree, and it should go through within a few days, 5 at most.

That "acceptance at the current registrar" is between the registrars. Did you receive the transaction codes from GoDaddy and Authorize the transfer? (sounds like you have).

Yes, I have accepted everything there. Now it just stays with that waiting status and in enom panel I cannot do anything to confirm this. It basically says I need to wait 5 days, but if this doesn't work within that time do I loose the domain?
    The reseller now says, they don't need to do anything at this point, as they provided all the info.

No, you won't lose it. Enom is typically quick in releasing I've found, so it might happen sooner. You will get an email once it transfers. Well done!

The reseller is correct. Everything is on track for the transfer to complete in (approx) 5 days.

Ok, great. Thanks for the help everyone. I will be waiting for enom to let go of the domain then.