Logo review, please

I posted some ideas about a logo a few months ago. I have been working on it since then and I have come up with this http://www.corinthiandesign.com/corinthian_logo_3.gif.

Please tell me if you guys think how I can make it even better.

Thanks in advance.

As a corporate logo, you might want to try and stray away from the text being over something. Try the "I" looking thing on the side or top or bottom of the text.

Originally posted by DoobyWho
    As a corporate logo, you might want to try and stray away from the text being over something. Try the "I" looking thing on the side or top or bottom of the text.
    Dooby

how about something like this http://www.corinthiandesign.com/corinthian_logo_3b.gif

The "I" looking thing is suppose to be a modern looking column if that helps anyone with the reviews.

The "I" is to big and the text is to close.

the "block" type of the I just doesnt flow.....looks old or something....

rethink the colors. the one u have now are quite ugly.

to tell you the truth, your home page logo looks much better. the very top one with just the name "Corinthian Design". why not keep that one? all you have to do it remove the space between the corinthian and design. while keeping those colors. those colors are very nice and pleasant. just darken the design one a bit.

you don't need to have some sort of symbol. the one you wanted us to give input on is too much and busy. i'm not getting a design feel on that one. keep the older one. it almost looks like a logo for some designer tiles and such. which i don't think you are after.

i suggest you keep the old one on the homepage. much cleaner and simple. why design a new one when you have a good one to begin with?

good luck on whatever you choose to do.

take care.

Originally posted by visualnewbie
    to tell you the truth, your home page logo looks much better. the very top one with just the name "Corinthian Design". why not keep that one? all you have to do it remove the space between the corinthian and design. while keeping those colors. those colors are very nice and pleasant. just darken the design one a bit.

you don't need to have some sort of symbol. the one you wanted us to give input on is too much and busy. i'm not getting a design feel on that one. keep the older one. it almost looks like a logo for some designer tiles and such. which i don't think you are after.

i suggest you keep the old one on the homepage. much cleaner and simple. why design a new one when you have a good one to begin with?

take care.
    Thanks for all the response. I know you guys don't like the "I" looking thing but I think we kind of need it. The name Corinthian is a type of column. The strongest and most beautiful used by the Greeks and Romans. That is why we choose the name, I want to some how incorporate this theme into our logo. At the same time I want to show something modern and new, but that has some of the qualities of the old.

I know this probably sounds stupid, but if anyone has an idea how I can change this logo, or create a new one that will accomplish those goals, I would be in their debt.

Thanks
    Andrew

Perhaps instead of using that I you could just make a 3d ish simple cylinder that is stylized to look like a column- although I agree your burrent logo in text works well.
    I think using two shapes like a dodecahedron and changign the perspective on both of them so they look like you are looking down at an angle at them and then connecting the corners and "skinning" it coloring each columns a different shade of the same color might look sharp if it is done right, and simple and recognizable too- but that is just an idea.
    PM me if you would like me to draw one for you to explain what I mean.

10. i understand that corinthian is a type of column. boy do i remember taking latin. the name itself being from the greeks era, sounds classical. first i would find some sort of script font that has a boldness feel to it. again, no need for the column. you'll only confuse people by having it if it is designed somewhat abstract. like what you have now.

the design you have now doesn't fit the word corinthian. in fact, it looks a little too modern. as you and i know, those columns are beautiful, be it the greeks or the romans. so, reflect that off to the design and make a beautiful look to it. that is not to say the design you came up with isn't. it just doesn't flow well with a word like corinthian.

that is a good choice in the name. the only thing is that when people know what corinthian means, your design style should also reflect it. also, you said you wanted to have a modern look to it. while i do agree, the name itself plays a big part of it in not working will with a modern look. a way to make it look modern is to have the word "design" be modern looking while corinthian be classical. in other words have two different fonts that compliment each other as well as their respected meaning. corinthian will be a script and design a sans serif font. so, no need for the column symbol to be in it. there will also be no need for any see says involved. lets get yours clients the benefit of the doubt that they know what you are trying to say through your name.

i hope that helped.

good luck.

I sent a link to you in your PM box to a graphic that I made to explain what I was talking about with the shapes.

visual I like what you are saying about the fonts, but I really like the "I". I think it looks strong and powerful. I also think it would look very good on the new webpage that I am working on.

I just uploaded this, I changed the fonts, and the color of the "I"
    http://www.corinthiandesign.com/corinthian_logo_3c.gif

Thanks for your time

Andrew

hmm, maybe you could move the "design" text down to another line?

wouldnt your object with a logo be to give your exact name right away. Because when I saw the "I" i was thinking your site was called icorinthian design. and i dont think that is the impression you want to give to people. Also, on the home page why on the left side does the logo scroll from bottom to top. It makes it very hard to read.

Hope that helps.

15. andrew-

i see that you're really stuck on the "i" idea. you think it looks strong and powerful, which it is. but why an "i" and not a column then. when looking at the design you have made, immediately the "i" stood out. right after that i tried to find a relation of an i to the name itself. i couldn't. create a column, but don't use an i. look at it from a potential clients perspective. they will see an i and try to figure why is there an i. at the same time, the column you did doesn't look like one. call it abstract, but corinthian is a style(classical) of columns, not modern. that is when i stated using the word design look modern instead.

in other words, loose the modern column which looks like an i. instead use a column that actually looks like one. the fact that it looks like an I and has no relation (the i column) to the name is what bothers me.

you may have to rethink this. there is a way to do this. it is your job as a designer to come up with a creative way to solve this. i'm sure you are up to the task.

I thought a graphics like this could be altered to get a little clumn action going (caution, 5 minute design, please bear with the crappieness of it and the incorrect colors used)
    http://mcpmedia.com/ColumnTest.jpg

Originally posted by visualnewbie
    andrew-

i see that you're really stuck on the "i" idea. you think it looks strong and powerful, which it is. but why an "i" and not a column then. when looking at the design you have made, immediately the "i" stood out. right after that i tried to find a relation of an i to the name itself. i couldn't. create a column, but don't use an i. look at it from a potential clients perspective. they will see an i and try to figure why is there an i. at the same time, the column you did doesn't look like one. call it abstract, but corinthian is a style(classical) of columns, not modern. that is when i stated using the word design look modern instead.

in other words, loose the modern column which looks like an i. instead use a column that actually looks like one. the fact that it looks like an I and has no relation (the i column) to the name is what bothers me.

you may have to rethink this. there is a way to do this. it is your job as a designer to come up with a creative way to solve this. i'm sure you are up to the task.

Point taken visual, any ideas on how someone with no real drawing skills can find or make a classical column, i looked around last night and could not find anything.

Thanks

18. that's tough... well i would of suggested using some sort of clipart. but, that kind of defeats the purpose of actually being a designer, huh. for a design firm or designer, it should be a custom design that reflects you and your style.

here are some places on the net that i dug up pretty quick to assist you...

-site 01
    -site 02
    -site 03
    -site 04

i'm not saying use the clipart, but to use it to insprire you to come up something creative. the last site is something i prefer as far as style is concerned. but then again, i may be bias. look at a few of them and think of ways to create a column. i can see a few, especially in one color designs. i won't say anything on what i see, i want you to come up with it first. who knows, what you see might be something i don't see.

i hope what i have provided has helped you with your problem. sometimes you just need one thing to spark that creative juice flowing in your head in order to envision a masterpiece. hopefully the stuff i got you does just that.

good luck.

Visual newbie. Do you work for LapadaVisual? Its a nice site. Do you do your own printing? Or does another company do your printing?

20. actually i own lapadavisual. lapada would be my last name.

we don't do printing. we hire out on those to those who know printing. we try to stay out of things that we don't specialize in. for small things like self-promotion and such, we like to keep it in budget and do our own printing. what we do for the most part is design, or anything that happens to be some form of visual communication.

thank you, i'm happy you liked my site. i appreciate it greatly.

damn visualnewbie. You even make slipmats for turntables, amazing!

Ya he's a pimp. How old are you visual newbie?

23. yes. even designers need to have some clients that will let us be as creative as we want.

doobywho- i don't give my age. i never have and probably never will. to me age is not an indication of intelligence or the ability to think creatively. it is important for people to look at my work and what i have to offer, rather than my age. so, i choose not to let it out of the bag.

haha. im the same way. people get shocked when they meet me in person and see im not some 60yr old