hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Need a reliable ASP.NET host for AbleCommerce
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Need a reliable ASP.NET host for AbleCommerce

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3

Need a reliable ASP.NET host for AbleCommerce


Hey there,

As the title says, I am going to be setting up a AbleCommerce website, and I need a high quality Windows VPS host. My main focus in on uptime, quality, reliability and speed. But at some point price will come into play as well.

The server requirements for AbleCommerce are as follows:
  • Microsoft Windows 2000, preferably 2003 Server
  • Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 or 6.0
  • .NET Framework (Asp.Net 2.0)
  • Microsoft AJAX Library 1.0
  • Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2000, preferably 2005

Besides these requirements, as with most e-commerce software I'm pretty sure AbleCommerce will be pretty server intensive (Its a pretty large script). It should also be noted that I have no experience with Windows hosting, so I need a managed VPS with good support staff.

Thanks for reading,

Brandon



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I would not be opposed to using a high quality shared host. It just seems that for e-commerce websites a VPS is usually needed.

  #3  
Old
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Suspect View Post
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I would not be opposed to using a high quality shared host. It just seems that for e-commerce websites a VPS is usually needed.
Why do you think that for ecommerce web sites a VPS is usually needed?

I design ASP.NET sites for many clients that use ASP.NET shared hosting services and their sites run fine.

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iration View Post
Why do you think that for ecommerce web sites a VPS is usually needed?

I design ASP.NET sites for many clients that use ASP.NET shared hosting services and their sites run fine.
Well, that may be... But I'm going to be setting up a e-commerce website and I have always been told that you really want to have a VPS for security, reliability and performance issues. Not that you cant use a shared account, just that it is desirable for web stores to have a VPS. By the way, what shared host do you use for your clients?

  #5  
Old
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 269
I think that you'll find many shared hosts will support your application well. A good trick is to ask if and how they limit their application pool memory usage per plan type. You want a host that limits it (not overselling their servers) but has a plan that offers enough for your application to have good performance. A just starting off with lower traffic will need 100-150MB in .NET. A medium traffic site will be in the 175MB-225MB range, while a higher traffic site will be 300MB on up. After 350-400MB usage you've outgrown shared hosting and will be looking at a dedicated solution.

Ablecommerce has changed their installation and upgrade procedures on the latest version which makes it *much* more friendly to shared hosting.

Good luck!

Wayne

__________________
Applied Innovations (www.appliedi.net)
Microsoft Gold Certified Hosting Partner, ASP.net Featured Host.
Specializing in Windows Hosting since 1999.

  #6  
Old
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hanoi
Posts: 4,306
Check with Cartikahosting with your requirements to see if they can work out something for you. Another vendor is Handynetworks. We have worked with both, and they're very good Windows hosting vendors

  #7  
Old
Quality Guaranteed..
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA, UK, Singapore
Posts: 3,047
+1 for HandyNetworks...

__________________
██ Softsys Hosting USA, Inc. ██ - 8 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - No False Promises!

KVM Linux VPS - Windows VPS (USA, UK, Singapore) - IaaS Cloud VM's - US Dedicated Server Specials

  #8  
Old
UK Cloud Hosting Specialist
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Suspect View Post
Hey there,

As the title says, I am going to be setting up a AbleCommerce website, and I need a high quality Windows VPS host. My main focus in on uptime, quality, reliability and speed. But at some point price will come into play as well.

The server requirements for AbleCommerce are as follows:
  • Microsoft Windows 2000, preferably 2003 Server
  • Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 or 6.0
  • .NET Framework (Asp.Net 2.0)
  • Microsoft AJAX Library 1.0
  • Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2000, preferably 2005

Besides these requirements, as with most e-commerce software I'm pretty sure AbleCommerce will be pretty server intensive (Its a pretty large script). It should also be noted that I have no experience with Windows hosting, so I need a managed VPS with good support staff.

Thanks for reading,

Brandon
hi,

if your looking for a VPS rather than shared solutions, try www.powervps.com i have a few test machines out there.

__________________
Chris D | Director
Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
9 Key Factors in Determining the Reliability of a Web Hosting Provider: Infographic Blog 2014-05-29 10:35:02
HostMetro Listing 2014-12-10 12:45:31
HostMetro Listing 2014-12-10 12:45:32
Host Alive Listing 2014-12-10 12:48:14
Serverstack Most Reliable Hosting Company Site in December: Netcraft Report Web Hosting News 2013-01-02 14:37:01


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
WHT Host Brief Email:

We respect your privacy. We will never sell, rent, or give away your address to any outside party, ever.

Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:
WHT Membership
WHT Membership



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?