As we have lost 10k accounts - Layeredpanel.com

Our project was one of known - freehosting. All has begun as we send to more powerful server. In the first the support has damaged base and has transferred old accounts without the password and email, was more 6k accounts. On a question what to do, have answered give the new password to those who will ask. As they represented it to themselves, to me it is not clear. Could write my login and all any is. Have now moved on a new server and every day all breaks more and more. The support ignores messages and it lasts 2 months. At present was at us more 10¬ accounts, now only 500 new and all were gone simply and are not active. Earlier at us was more 200k in day unique, now and 1k is not present. All business has gone to an ***!I wish you to warn to not have with this company if do not wish to appear in my skin. As I have understood, the owner and the seller of the panel in the Europe, programmers in India.

I don't understand your english whatsoever. But all I know is that you lost all your account. Before blaming someone else about losing your accounts, you should be responsible to back them up.

LayeredPanel has their programmers in Europe afaik. Although their support is not as fast as other leading competitors, their replies are always useful and on topic.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

Ive read and reread this post about 10 times so far and cant make it out, i do agree with -OY- though, you should make backups before doing anything major...such as moving 10,000 accounts.

10,000 accounts! And you did not make a back-up! From what I gather in your post, your blaming LayeredPanel? Why is it there fault?

Quote Originally Posted by sergeypisk View Post
    Our project was one of known - freehosting. All has begun as we send to more powerful server. In the first the support has damaged base and has transferred old accounts without the password and email, was more 6k accounts. On a question what to do, have answered give the new password to those who will ask. As they represented it to themselves, to me it is not clear. Could write my login and all any is. Have now moved on a new server and every day all breaks more and more. The support ignores messages and it lasts 2 months. At present was at us more 10¬ accounts, now only 500 new and all were gone simply and are not active. Earlier at us was more 200k in day unique, now and 1k is not present. All business has gone to an ***!I wish you to warn to not have with this company if do not wish to appear in my skin. As I have understood, the owner and the seller of the panel in the Europe, programmers in India.
    wow that gave me a headache. like everyone said. make backups.

Quote Originally Posted by sergeypisk View Post
    Let me try. I'm pretty sure I understand what he is getting at.

He ran a well known company called Freehosting. They wanted to move to a more powerful server. The [Layeredpanel.com] support staff somehow damaged the database and transferred the accounts without valid passwords or emails; over 6,000 of them were transferred incorrectly.

When he asked [Layeredpanel.com] what he should do, they told him to give out everyone's passwords manually when they ask for them. Since their support messed it up in the first place, he doesn't understand why they won't help him better.

On the new server that they are on, things are getting worse every day. Either he has had support tickets go unanswered for 2 months (unlikely in my opinion) or he has been trying to get them to fix the server for over 2 months (my guess). The next part sounds like he is trying to say that he is losing unique visitors to his website and he is also losing new customers.

"All business has gone to ***!" is probably self-explanatory

He wants to warn others to stay away from [LP], or they will end up in his situation. And from his understanding, the owner and seller (website? sales? the business?) reside in Europe, but the actual programmers are from India.

I'm sure some of it is lost in translation, but it wasn't really so hard to figure out if you give it a minute. Just because he can't fully articulate his feelings in our native tongue doesn't give us the right to dismiss him.
    Last edited by writespeak; 12-09-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: edited company name

It's not LT, but rather LP. I think this is as close as we can comprehend. OP hasn't came back ever since he posted.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

Quote Originally Posted by -OY- View Post
    It's not LT, but rather LP.
    Edited now

Edited now
    I'm really sorry about that. Didn't mean to type the wrong company name. Thanks for changing it.

Lost 10000 accounts in a short time because a company did something wrong for such a large customer? Cannot believe it really. Looks like someone just don't like Layeredpanel.com business.

or may be people who know Layeredpanel.com model can say. I do not knwo their model. If everything is free then may be this is the reason it failed.