Is reselling worth it?

I am asking all you reseller host out there - is it worth it?
    You get like 2gb space and 20gb bandwidth. You cant blow it all on one customer, you need to get your money back each month....what can you offer?

Well I guess I'm an ex-reseller, but I know what I'm talking about on this front.

You could pack a fair few accounts into that and charge say $10 a month... depends where you market really. You won't be paying much more than $35 for your reseller account I wouldn't say.

Most hosts start out as resellers, then once you have enough clients you can normally afford to get a dedicated and then move on from there where your profit margin is going to be a lot higher.

Reselling is generally where you should be starting if you want to get into the market without spending a lot on an initial investment. Its like a buffer zone until you get enough clients and gain enough experience to get a dedicated...

However as its said over and over here, do yourself a favor and make a business plan, treat it like a proper business and not just a sideline and you'll be sucessful.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by KualoJo; 08-06-2002 at 02:48 PM.
    Jo Stonehouse -
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

Yep, have to agree with Jo. Its the best way to enter the market. You dont have to bother with maganging a server(s)...etc as your host will take care of this. A resellers package is also a good way to get to know the system (Linux, Windows) and the control panel, so eventually when you out grow your resellers account, you will be prepared for a dedicacted server(s). Its also far more cost effective then jumping straight onto a dedicated server.

We have a few clients who have purchased multiple resellers accounts, as they dont want the bother of managing a server. So, I would say yes, its worth it.