PHPSuEXEC+php4+cpanel

Hi,
    I need hosting for the trafficboosterpro.com software. Can anybody recommend a provider? thanks
    Last edited by the_pm; 12-04-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Changed wording to make it a recommendation thread

Check the shared hosting offers. You'll find many hosts that suits you.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

There is a lot of web hosting service who offering PHPsuexec+PHP4+cPanel, you can find it on hosting offer in WHT

Thread cleaned. Just a reminder about the rules, no offers, no "contact me" type posts. Carry on.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Contact to your potential host before to signup and ask them about it, I'm not sure how many are going to be happy that you have a cloaking script on their servers.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

You can't really receive any offers here coz it isn't permitted by WHT staff...
    try the search function

Yeah, start with the offer section. Pick the hosts that yuo think will fit for you and start contacting them.
    As some one suggested above, its highly advisable to contact them before you sign up to avoid issues after it.
    Also, what are your spac and BW requirements and your budget?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

I tried some hosting providers who says that they have PHPSuEXEC+php4+cpanel, but all of them asked after I pay: DO YOU REALLY NEED PHPSuEXEC?

Hostgator installed phpsuexec on all its servers a while back.

They run both php4 and php5 on their servers.

I wouldn't put any long term bets on php4 though, with any host. Its days are numbered.

why do you need the PHP4 not PHP5?
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Some scripts will not run on PHP5 and will only run on PHP4.

As a friendly reminder, PHP4 was discontinued and soon won't be supported anymore.

The PHP development team hereby announces that support for PHP 4 will continue until the end of this year only. After 2007-12-31 there will be no more releases of PHP 4.4. We will continue to make critical security fixes available on a case-by-case basis until 2008-08-08. Please use the rest of this year to make your application suitable to run on PHP 5.
    Maybe the time to consider to switch all your scripts to php5.
    WEBDOMAIN.com: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!
    We host web sites and register domain names since 2000.
    CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE LIVE!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by WebDomain.com View Post
    As a friendly reminder, PHP4 was discontinued and soon won't be supported anymore.

Maybe the time to consider to switch all your scripts to php5.
    exactly what I thought. All proper developed scripts should support all php version.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    exactly what I thought. All proper developed scripts should support all php version.
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say "all php versions". Rather, I'd say properly developed scripts should support PHP 5 or be updated to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say "all php versions". Rather, I'd say properly developed scripts should support PHP 5 or be updated to do so.
    I totally agree the support should be for PHP5 first and PHP4 second if there is a need to market it. Personally though anything I do in PHP now is PHP5 only. Of course all my work is kept in house so it's not like there is any worries of incompatibility.

As for the topic at hand here It's becomign more common to have this setup. This is especially true if hosts are now using Apache 2 with suPHP opposed to phpsuexec. The reason they're switching is cPanel's little warning about running PHP4 as a module in Apache 2 (whether or not it causes problems on default Apache 2 I'm not sure). I'd still make sure to check with the host about running PHPsuEXEC/suPHP before signing up.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!