Card Services International

Anyone have any experience with these guys, http://www.cardservice.com for merchant accounts and cc gateway?

yes,

run away fast

the recurring billing works but never notifies you or any end user
    NO MATTER WHAT THEY CLAIM......

we got some refund from them upon their admission of system faults

We use card service international w/ authorize.net and dont have a problem at all. Their one of the largest merchant account providers in the world, youll want to team their merchant account up with a payment gateway like authorize.net

I dont think miami set his system up right as our batch billing always notifys everyone including us of every single transaction.

We havent had any problems besides the fact that their rather strict about charge backs, and often put funds on hold if your doing abnormal transactions, to request a invoice etc...
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

I've been with CSI for more than 2 months, they charge around 3.75% discount rate not 3.25% as promised, and they takes a month to setup my account

The most important is they accept internatioal merchant, no matter how expensive it is, it's the only choice I have

We have used CSI now for over three years. They lie about their artes. They but us in under a 2.23 when we started. We never come close to that. They have numerous ways to opt out of that and charge non-qual or mid-qual.

The other peice of advice. Don't use LinkPoint. It is run by monkies. At one stage we couldn't run cards for 7 days!!! No joke. They had a huge outage. Every so often they still have outages. Also, they use to (thank god they corrected this) do maintenaince at peak hours. Outages when you leased could afford them.

I am so glad we do volume now to where we can get great rates and use Nova. Just liek anything, it is just an opinion, but from our experience, run from CSI. Also, when you tak to other merchant providers, ask them what they think of CSI and how the business is run.

You should stay away from Card Service... Since we started in 1997, they are by far the worst Internet company we have dealt with.

Before we finally broke free from them, they took over $1,000 from our bank account through direct debts for services they never even setup. And to top it off, we canceled our account according to our contract at the correct time and they still took another $300+ from our bank account for an early termination fee.

There are a lot of more reputable credit card processors out there... Bigger is not always better.

Link Point was the product we used...it was bad to the bone

get auth net

and some billing software plenty of good options search this forum

looked at world pay-- we did not like the way they held money
    and that was the only reason we did not go with them

Wierd....

Wierd...

I've used CardService and Linkpoint for over three years and haven't had problems with them. My discount rate is lower than I can get anywhere else (under 2% + $.25 per transaction)

Only a few points:

Complex to set up for automatic billing from a web site. Took us a few days. No easy API's. You need to purchase thier wrappers seperately.

They won't let you bill the same credit card twice in a row for the same amount. This doesn't sound like a huge deal, but when you have a customer that has multiple accounts and wants to see seperate charges on his card it makes it a pain.

Thier monthly fee's are a little high as well.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

We have been using them for over 3 years now and have had no problems at all.

You can bill the same amount twice tryingusing "F" in front of the credit card number.
    Sectorlink, LLC
    www.sectorlink.com
    Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Co Location

We use CSI + LinkPoint and don't have any major complaints either. In 2+ years, we've never had any chargebacks, their rates our decent, they've never done anything funny with our money.

My only complaint with LinkPoint is the fact that you need to buy their wrappers seperately, and then after charging you $299 a pop (for the server-wide license) they tell you that support is EMAIL only. It wouldn't be so bad, but it seems that it takes them 48 hours minimum to respond to questions, and the wrappers themsevles are provide very generic, cryptic error messages when something goes wrong.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I used Card Service International before. I would never use them again. Customer service was horrid, they loved to just do there own chargebacks and not even contact you even if you have a signed credit card receipt and they picked up the merchandise.

I would run away from them.
    Multiple Image Corporation - http://www.multipleimage.com
    Diverse Solutions for Diverse Companies.
    Virtual, Dedicated & Colocated Hosting.

Wink IONGATE.com CC

Try IONGATE.com, I found this most afforable and reliable, yet most cheapest CC gateway onthe net.
    Last edited by bitland; 08-07-2002 at 12:26 AM.

Originally posted by multipleimage
    I used Card Service International before. I would never use them again. Customer service was horrid, they loved to just do there own chargebacks and not even contact you even if you have a signed credit card receipt and they picked up the merchandise.

I would run away from them.
    I'll be on the lookout for them.

Our initial signup was slow, and that was caused by a sales person not knowing their technology properly, which happens regardless of where you go. So far their tech support has been very responsive, i do my billing at 1-2 am, and its nice to see other people are awake at that time when i have glitches, or questions

Thanks very much for all the feedback, guys!

Sent a mail their way to ask about the wrappers, bounced right back.

hey just wondering which agent you guys find from CSI? I found the agent called Joe from CS Best

Lightbulb I hate CSI...

RUN ... don't walk away from these jokers. I had several bad experiences with these clowns, and I am MUCH happier now that I am with ECHO (www.echoinc.com)

Dan
    Dan Esparza
    CagedTornado web services