Thread: need review

Arrow need review

Hello,

Im about to launch my site for a small web design/hosting business that I want to start, you can see the site at http://www.aplusmedia.com, please take a look and give me some HONEST feedback.

Forget about the texts that are on the site at the moment because its not completed yet.(lots of spelling/gramma errors). The point of this review is the layout, navigation, and any improvements i need to make before i finish it off, and start promoting.

thanks

very good- just fix the rollover heirarchal (sp?) menu and clean the graphics a bit and you have a wonderful site.

very good- just fix the rollover heirarchal (sp?) menu and clean the graphics a bit and you have a wonderful site.

what do you mean heirarchal menu? (sp?)
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

Site is very nice! I like the design the graphics and all. You got cheap hosting, I wonder if you support rom sites to be hosted ( no roms just the pages, roms are hosted on friend's server). If you do you might have a customer

Hi,

Website kind of looks crowded to me with things in different spots...but the overall, general design is nice. One minor thing is that in the Services button you have a down arrow (to emphrasize that there is a drop down). But in the support menu where you have another drop down, there is no arrow.

Anyway, good luck with the site!

Kind regards,
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Website kind of looks crowded to me with things in different spots...but the overall, general design is nice. One minor thing is that in the Services button you have a down arrow (to emphrasize that there is a drop down). But in the support menu where you have another drop down, there is no arrow.

Anyway, good luck with the site!
    Thanks, I think it does look kinda messy too..but i dont have any idea how to make it better...

I realise about the support lacking the arrow...the drop down menu wasnt part of my plan when i designed the buttons..was gonna add it later. thanks for that.

thanks for your feedback
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor

Think simpler, thats all.

Clean up some of your images as they are slightly blurry around the edges.

take the monitor out and add a slight drop shadow to the honeycomb image. Take the guy ou as well, clean up the Design text to something simple like Arial.
    Lose the GFX and the circles.

Move logo designs and banner designs to your services area. The icons next to the text should go too, not needed. Clean up the center area by using less and you will see the site totaly change.

Clean up the curve to the top right, can do this in PS using channels. Ask me if you want to know how.

The site has a great feel to it, just make it simpler.

ok..Cleaned up the main body part...but dont you think it looks too plain now?

Online Photo Editor

by heirarchal I meant drop down, they acted funny at first for me- perhaps you might want to use a javascript preloader to load the background images on the tables cells of the drop down.
    The new graphics are much better, the site looks great, except at 124 X 768- maybe you may want to center the main table or add some stretch to it with a table that envelops the whole thing (centered of course) that is, say, 90% of the browser width and color it slightly differenet than the background. This means it won't show up if the browser is at a smaller rez, but will fill some space at a bigger rez.
    Looks awesome tho.
    Great job.

Thanks for your suggestions,

I probably will either make a preloader for the bg image, or make a smaller image so it loads instantly. but i know what you mean, it happened to me too..you can just see right through the table.

I can't do the center alignment though, im using layers, so the whole thing have to be flushed left, otherwise the layers will show up in different places on different sizes.

thanks.
    anymore??

edit

oh, layers are a sin in some circles... perhaps some advanced css, javascript and html can get your job done more efficiently than using *eck* layers...
    Nice website anyways.