Thread: My review !

* My review !

Hello everyone! I've been waiting to write a review of all the hosts I've been with and I am doing it now because I finally found my perfect host!

Okay basically, I bought my first webhosting back in 2004 from The Protagonist Hosting and I did not have any troubles with them, uptime was good but I had to move out because my site was growing and my budget did not fit with their plans.

Then I moved to Frozen Midnight hosting which I will not explain because they are the worst ever, as I am sure all of you know

Then I bought a package at Dreamhost in 2005 and stayed with them for 2 years. Basically I bought a promotional deal during their 8th birthday and had enough credits to renew a 2nd year.
    I love Dreamhost because it suited me well. I did not over-exhaust any resources because I had very small websites. It was then I realised that MYSQL was slow. I requested for them to move me to another server, they did but then I realised that it was still the same.

During that last year with Dreamhost, I was thinking of moving out and bought a year's worth of shared hosting from Surpass. From what I heard from my friends online, Surpass was a very good company. The first 3-4 months was okay but then I started experiecing lots of PHP errors; alot of error logs were appearing in my folders. I asked them what was going on and they just told me "We disabled PHP________ for security and you have to find another way to access the script". I was using a script which all my other friends were using as well on Surpass. So I got a bit fed up because I felt that their security was just too mmuch for me to run my sites (more of that "oh, we do this this way and you have to follow it - we don't give a s*** if it affects your sites" attitude).. Also, I got blocked many times from my cpanel because I was not on their 'whitelist' and if you have dynamic IP, don't even bother with Surpass. I sent in about 20 tickets during 2 weeks because I was blocked many times.

So then I realised that I should invest a bit more with my hosting so that I would never have to move again. I am now hosted with Ifuse - my bf recommended it to me - he has a dedicated there and everything is going great - Dan helps me alot and everything is perfect. I pay 5 pounds a month - I used to be on a max 2-3 pounds budget I am super happpyyyyyyyyyyy!

That is my webhosting story.

Do you say that hosting a website with a good provider makes you "super happy"? How good does a web host need to be to get such experience from their services...?
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Wow, you really have been around!
    Surpass I believe is the same company as Hostdime. I like them the best of the one's you mentioned. I haven't heard of Ifuse, but I hope you will come back and talk about them after a few months.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    My First Profitable Web App
    I am David DuVal

Quote Originally Posted by dawhb View Post
    Do you say that hosting a website with a good provider makes you "super happy"? How good does a web host need to be to get such experience from their services...?
    I think as long as I don't experience any problems...for example I wanted to go to some really 'good' webhosting companies like Wirenine but their plans just did not suit me.

I say I am super happy because I don't have to move anymore and I can just get on with my life without worrying. I used to worry about downtime/sql problems all the time when I was with previous hosts.

...I think you just "know"

I'm glad you've finally found a host you like after so much changing
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!