Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHMCS vs WHMAP

WHMCS vs WHMAP

is it me or is whmcs taking alot of whmap's customers nowadays. almost every hosting company i come across seems to be using whmcs now. few years back everyone was stuck on whmap .
    Oxyfactor.com - Flexible Hosting Solutions

Well, I think it's because of all the recommendations from other companies. We have all had our horror stories with other companies, whether it be ClientExec, Modernbill, WHMAP, etc. However, WHMCS and Matt has just done a great job of creating an easy-to-use software that actually incorporates the needs of the web hosting community. WHMCS is a great piece of software, and I for one plan to stick by it .
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

yeah im thinking about switching to either whmcs or modernbill myself once the funds provide for it. they seem like pretty good software.

I think WHMCS just fits for everyone, it covers all needs without becoming hugely bloated. WHMCS is brilliant and IMO the best billing tool around at the moment.

It has one problem, editing its templates is horrible because they're so full of evil tables :@
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

i really hate using tables except for when im adding structural data. divs are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-John View Post
    Well, I think it's because of all the recommendations from other companies. We have all had our horror stories with other companies, whether it be ClientExec, Modernbill, WHMAP, etc. However, WHMCS and Matt has just done a great job of creating an easy-to-use software that actually incorporates the needs of the web hosting community. WHMCS is a great piece of software, and I for one plan to stick by it .
    I got to agree. I've tried ModernBill, WHMAP, ClientExec and WHMCS and I go all the way with WHMCS. Great software.

Quote Originally Posted by GELucas View Post
    I got to agree. I've tried ModernBill, WHMAP, ClientExec and WHMCS and I go all the way with WHMCS. Great software.
    You go all the way with WHMCS? Man, you must really like it but that sounds a little too kinky for me.

Re:

Don't you think Modernbill is powerful than WHMCS ?
    I'm planning to buy either of these and it will be helpful if you suggest.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by vinbase View Post
    Don't you think Modernbill is powerful than WHMCS ?
    I'm planning to buy either of these and it will be helpful if you suggest.

Thank you.
    I personally find WHMCS to be much more user friendly and have many more features than Modernbill. Modernbill's version 5, last I used it, was buggy and missing many features WHMCS includes standard, and is almost twice as expensive. Not only that, but WHMCS seems to perform much quicker too.

Alex

I think whmap is not as user friendly as whmcs and whmcs from launch has more features than whmap after being on the market for quite some time..

cpanel has needed something like whmcs for sometime and whmap came close, but i think whmcs with cpanel makes for a perfect combo for not only the admin level, but the end user.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Arrow Re: Thanks for the advice

Hi

Thanks for the advice. Last night I bought WHMCS. It's so simple and awesome. I bought it from licencepal.com to save some bucks !

WHMCS >>> Modernbill.

WHMCS works great for us. Two Thumbs Up!
    PWRHost.com - Empower your site today!
    Award Winning Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2005!

support

When you buy from licensepal who provides the end support license pal or WHMCS?

Also ive been wanting to know, but havent really looked into it yet.. does the version you buy from them contain the branded whmcs in it..

I think you made the right descision i think the momentum is with whmcs so you will see more, better, and more frequent updates and support than with whmap imho.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

You can actually purchase either version from them, branded or unbranded. The end user support is actually handled by WHMCS. Once you purchase your license you will recieve a login for whmcs.com.
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

Thats pretty sweet deal, i know where im going for my license purchases then.. I thought the whmcs reseller agreement stated you could only sale to your hosting customers though, but i may have misread it.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Its a pretty awesome program, i am actually thinking of getting into it to be honest. Heres the page on their reseller program just in case you are interested.

http://www.whmcs.com/resellers.php
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by RH4U View Post
    Thats pretty sweet deal, i know where im going for my license purchases then.. I thought the whmcs reseller agreement stated you could only sale to your hosting customers though, but i may have misread it.
    You have to be a WHMCS Certified Reseller (have sold 50 licenses or more to your current clients).

Alex

Before, I was using WhoisCart, WHMAP for 2 yrs. Tried ModernBill trial recently (its so complicated). But trust my word " WHMCS is the sweetest and powerfull amongst all ".

Advantages of buying from Licensepal or any other certified reseller: Cheaper price (I saved almost 45 USD), you'll get login access to WHMCS client area, all the updates and full support for 1 year. This licenses is no different to the licenses you'd get from WHMCS direct.

Thumbs up

Smile

Hello,

As i am sure that everyone else has already said, i highly recommend WHMCS basically for its ease of use.

Thanks,

Centixa.

WHMCS also comes with a domain reseller account.
    Shared and Reseller hosting on high speed uncrowded servers at Glitter Hosting Services - Super server leasing deals, VPS, High End Reseller accounts at OverVolt.com and Glitter Hosting VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBytes View Post
    It has one problem, editing its templates is horrible because they're so full of evil tables :@
    Version 3.4.x has seen significant improvements in that area.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by uberhostNET View Post
    Version 3.4.x has seen significant improvements in that area.
    Very true, WHMCS has become xHTML vaidated (I still did find some errors), but overall Matt gave it a good try and it worked out well. I offered Matt my services to make the templates less "tabletastic" but I got no response.

v3.5 promises to be quite the promising release with Kayako now being integrated. I simply cannot wait this will make my life and the lives of my customers that much better .
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

WHMCS is constantly developed with the web host in mind and has great support, hence the popularity of it.

Version 3.5 with intergration with Kayako I know will make a LOT of people happy to see it officially included instead of the current mods for it.
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! All the positive reviews on here are really nice to see and I really appreciate them - you've all helped make WHMCS what it is today!

V3.5 promises to be quite a milestone release for WHMCS, not just for the full Kayako integration but a number of other great new features that I'm sure you're all going to benefit from so keep an eye on the site over the next couple of weeks for more details about it as soon as it's ready.

Matt
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com

Cant wait for 3.5 have to admit WHMCS is a defo buy for me. Great job Matt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast