what's Reseller !!

Hi..what's reseller account means?

does it mean that i can own my own company and sell servers to people??

i don't know !

Reseller means you resell another company's hosting as your own. Generally not that great for having your own company, but if you're a webdesign firm it's great!

It's like a yard sale where you sell your old stuff that you bought new, and have no use for anymore.
    ShagHost
    Yeah baby, we do hosting!
    http://www.shaghost.com
    24 hour support except on Saturday evenings when we party hardy

Web pimp

Its good if your entering the web hosting business, wet your feet so to speak.

You WILL need some type of administration experience. You don't have to be a guru, but you do need some sort of knowledge in administration.

Originally posted by Tux-e-do
    Web pimp
    Web pimp about sums it up...
    "The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wonderous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for existence of God; but whether this argument is of real value I have never been able to decide... The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man's intellect." - Charles Darwin

Originally posted by ShagHost

It's like a yard sale where you sell your old stuff that you bought new, and have no use for anymore.

LOL This gave me a good laugh
    123Designing.com: Webmaster Resource SuperSite
    FreeLanceCenter.com: Buy or Provide Quality Work @ Your Price!
    411Seek.com: Popular PPC Search Engine.

Reseller packages are perfect for someone who either is new to the hosting business or does not want to get real big, or in other words is just sort of a hobby.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

I tend to look at reseller accounts in one of two ways, depending on the type of account.

First, you have the reseller account where a hosting company sells their preconfigured accounts to a reseller of the accounts at a discount. I liken that to a landlord at an apartment complex. The apartments are already built, so it is up to the landlord to show the apartments, fill them up, and take care of them. (I know, I know -- this analogy breaks down quickly because the landlord doesn't have much say in the rent and levels of support of the apartment complex while the reseller determines the price of each account and other value added services he/she may choose to offer.)

Then you have the reseller account where a hosting company sells space and bandwidth to a reseller. I liken this to someone developing a subdivision. They buy the land, decide what size lots, how to lay out the streets (and even pick the street names), etc. This provides greater flexibility and latitude to the reseller in what he/she will offer.

peace,
    yjack

I like your analogies .
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.