[USA] Best Trained Military Branch

I think the United States Marine Corps is the best trained, seeing they are in bootcamp for approximately fourteen (14) weeks, which is two (2) times as longs the United States Army training.

I'll most likely be enlisting into the Marines when I turn seventeen (17).

Rambo was the best.

Special forces

If they have a 'name' they are note 'the best', so I would vote for:
    - UK *** even better than UK SAS

That logic may be a bit off.
    I can turn around and say the Marines are the slowest learners, as it takes 14 weeks to teach them what it only takes 8 weeks in the Army.

If the Marines are for you once you graduate, go for it. Best wishes, and stay safe.

BTW... nothing against Marines. We love ya. (Army Vet here)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    I think the United States Marine Corps is the best trained, seeing they are in bootcamp for approximately fourteen (14) weeks, which is two (2) times as longs the United States Army training.

I'll most likely be enlisting into the Marines when I turn seventeen (17).

Marines are just trained the hardest I would say. As for the most training I would say the airforce 'cause that stuff is certainly technical. Heh a lot moreso than my friends in the Navy at least. Really it depends on what they are working on.

Basic Training is just that.... basic training. Learning to soldier, learning the basics... marching, code of conduct/UCMJ, riflemanship, getting along with everybody, survival, map/chart reading, chain of command, physical fitness, following orders, living without sleep, sleeping in the mud (except Air Force and Navy) and much more.
    How technical the job is has no bearing on basic training. That advanced training takes place after basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariolander View Post
    Marines are just trained the hardest I would say. As for the most training I would say the airforce 'cause that stuff is certainly technical. Heh a lot moreso than my friends in the Navy at least. Really it depends on what they are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Dinkum View Post
    That logic may be a bit off.
    I can turn around and say the Marines are the slowest learners, as it takes 14 weeks to teach them what it only takes 8 weeks in the Army.
    A lot of Army veterans have told me that, which I find to be so annoying. The Army may be "faster learners," but the Marines have nicer uniforms and were the ones who actually took Iwo Jima.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariolander View Post
    Don't you mean the Chairforce?

OK, you win. Veterans are so annoying... speaking from experience can be just damned annoying. /sarcasm.
    When you turn 17, and *if* the accept you, and *if* you graduate from all of the training.... then come back and talk about how cool the Marines are. You gotta earn it to talk it up. We have a few Marines here on this forum, they "might" pop in to this thread...

Until then, stay in school, listen to your mom and dad, and do not get in to web hosting.

A lot of Army veterans have told me that, which I find to be so annoying. The Army may be "faster learners," but the Marines have nicer uniforms and were the ones who actually took Iwo Jima.

I have the right to get involved in absolutely anything that is legal. There are no medical or judicial problems that I have ever experienced, so I should have no problem being accepted.

I have plenty of Marine friends, Army friends, and Navy friends. They are all very supportive of me and trust that I can make it through bootcamp.

Also:

OK, you win. Veterans are so annoying... speaking from experience can be just damned annoying. /sarcasm.
    Then you are saying that from experience, Marines are slow learners; show me your scientific results. Also, I did not say that veterans were annoying, I said that that specific crack was annoying.
    Last edited by JohnJ; 11-28-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Had to add some stuff

I see a few long & hard lessons coming in your life, if you do get in to the armed forces. Good luck.

Thanks for the luck. I will get into the Marines.

Thanks for the luck. I will get into the Marines.
    When you do, don't forget to change your WHT 'Sig'. !

Lord, I hope it doesn't take that long to find a job!

Lord, I hope it doesn't take that long to find a job!
    It just might... if you are looking for a "permanent" job. Those are quite rare these days.