Gearhost ASP.NET issue...

well, i've been happy with Gearhost so far- pretty fast support on average, good features, stable, etc.

so i've been testing my ASP.NET scripts out on my computer fine, everything works great. i upload them to gearhost, won't work. no asp.net page will work, even default projects. i assume it has to do with permissions, or the lack of the folder being a virtual application, which would be fine if i could fix it, but i submitted a ticket about it 3 days ago and haven't gotten an answer yet... i might try calling them tomorrow if theres no answer, but i just wanted to see if anyone had had this problem, knew an easy way to fix it, etc, or knew why they're taking longer than usual to reply to tickets...

You might want to ask the mod's to move this to the "Technical & security issues" forum. Its crazy, i know, but posting in the appropriate form has been known in the past to provide results!

Can you post the error that you are getting here?
    Mark Castle
    Secura Hosting Ltd
    www.capitalethernet.co.uk
    My views are my own and not those of my company.

oh, sorry. not thinking today. mods, move this to where-ever you want it

as for the error....

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'ForumServer.Default'.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 1:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ctrlPost" Src="userControls/ctrlPost.ascx" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Default.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" errorPage="error.html" Description="Main page" Inherits="ForumServer.Default" %>
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 4:  <HTML>

Originally posted by Skie
    Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'ForumServer.Default'.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 1:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ctrlPost" Src="userControls/ctrlPost.ascx" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Default.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" errorPage="error.html" Description="Main page" Inherits="ForumServer.Default" %>
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 4:  <HTML>
    Skie,

Sorry you've had a bit of a hard time with .NET on GearHost. I actually know a few things about .NET so here goes. Basically your site works correctly now. Nothing major but your different .NET apps needed to be configured as such in IIS. It's easy and iControl can apply an application level setting, in v2 it will allow for detailed settings within the application as well. Since your probably using VS .NET for your dev it automatically creates this within IIS for you but you should be running Application, Scripts and running in Low IIS Process if you configure this on your own.

All-in-all your up and running now .
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

Big thanks, works great!
    I figured out that thats what I needed to do, but I couldn't figure out how to do it with iControl. Oh well, as long as the problems fixed i'm happy.

I have it all set up in my localhost, with all the settings, all the extensions, just the way i want it... *sigh*

ah well, maybe some day i'll make enough money to afford a dedicated box.