Got a quick, but important question

I want to sign up for a .com and webspace. I have a debit card, no credit, no paypal account. Is it possible for me to still sign up or do I HAVE to have a credit card to get this stuff?

Thanks.

I may be wrong, but I think you should be able to use your Visa/Mastercard debit card as you would a normal credit card in this case.

Not all debit cards are of the Visa/MC variety. I actually still have one from a local bank that is... just... a debit card, heh. I could have upgraded it a long time ago, but just haven't had the need to. Anywhooo...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Re: Got a quick, but important question

Originally posted by revatlanta
    I want to sign up for a .com and webspace. I have a debit card, no credit, no paypal account. Is it possible for me to still sign up or do I HAVE to have a credit card to get this stuff?

Thanks.
    More and more hosts are allowing customers to pay via Check, Money Order, Wire Transfer etc. Check with the host(s) you are interested in and see if they provide you with alternate means of payment.

revatlanta, couldn't you use an Online Check?

ShagHost
    Yeah baby, we do hosting!
    http://www.shaghost.com
    24 hour support except on Saturday evenings when we party hardy

Originally posted by Chicken
    Not all debit cards are of the Visa/MC variety. I actually still have one from a local bank that is... just... a debit card, heh. I could have upgraded it a long time ago, but just haven't had the need to. Anywhooo...
    Yes, I've seen some like that. I was under the impression that most banks do the Visa/MC thing at this point. I'd say though, that if it is in fact a Visa/MC debit card, there shouldn't be a problem using it.

Well I want to sign up for my domain @ godaddy.com. Good prices there IMO just to @ least get my domain name reserved. And than I have to make a choice out of like 5 hosts that I want to use. Most of the hosts have been advertised on this forum.

Confused.