Arrow hosting deal too good to be true?

I'm looking at a reseller plan at $49/month which offers 3.5 gigs disk space and 35 gigs transfer. We need this plan because of the large amount of video and audio for multiple sites. Does this deal sound like it has a catch?

Try a few searches on this very forum and see what it comes up with.

Without knowing which host has offered you this, thats the best advice I can offer
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

This is a hard question to answer, because there are a lot of factors. Like who are their bandwidth carriers, how is their support, etc....

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

ok I guess a better question would be why is reseller hosting in general so cheap? I have no intentions of reselling I just need the space. Is reseller hosting just simply a great deal for my circumstances? I keep trying to figure out what the catch is.
    Last edited by Muze; 08-05-2002 at 05:21 PM.

Well you most likely got lucky I think that that price is a very good price for the amount of features that you get. If I can ask who is the host you are looking at, have you tried to run a search on their company on here? I would send them a test sales e-mail to see how fast they respond, then when you signup send them another test email to see how fast they respond again. This will give you a fair indication into their level of service.

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Well I just got 10Gb space 200GB bandwidth for $65 per month. So what you were offered is average.

Earhost ROCKS!

Well I just got 10Gb space 200GB bandwidth for $65 per month. So what you were offered is average.

may i ask where did you get this offer??

Some places that sell dedicated servers have a lot of webspace and an average amount of bandwidth. Since the ratios are so far apart, the web hosting companies sometimes split it into the closest numbers possible for the customer to get the most webspace and bandwidth for the cheapest price. I heard this from a Connect Your Web representative. They said that they offer a lot of webspace too. I think they're probably revamping the site because they needed to add more equipment. Anyways, I say go for the deal. It sounds legit to me .

This thread has gone terribly wrong...

Gary

Originally posted by Fandesigns

Earhost ROCKS!
    Thank Ya.

Connect Your Web Looks good. I could use so more space for my files. Good choice of packages.